cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bugs on windshield

two_travelers
Explorer
Explorer
I'm wondering if there is any thing that you can put on the windshield to make bugs come off easier perhaps a glass wax of some sort?
15 REPLIES 15

BigSkyBob
Explorer
Explorer
Not a Clue wrote:
I use rain-x. Works!

Me too.
2008 Monaco Camelot 40PDQ, 4 slides, 2016 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi Quadcab 4x4. Blue Ox, Garmin 760 LRM GPS, Doran Pressure pro on all 10, M&G Brake, 50 amp SurgeGuard, FMCA, Coachnet.

ncrowley
Explorer
Explorer
Invisible Glass with rain repellant helps.
Nancy
Newmar Northern Star

Dennis12
Explorer
Explorer
Go to your closest Harley Davidson dealer and buy S-100. Spray it sparingly, It spreads like blood. Let sit 2 min and easily scrub off. Rinse well. You will love it
Dennis Hoppert

Two_Jayhawks
Explorer
Explorer
Absolutely. I use the same wax on the windshield as every other surface on the coach except awnings & tires. Everyone has their favorite wax I use Meguires ultimate quick wax. The good/bad it's very easy to apply but doesn't last as long as the hard shell products.
Bill & Kelli
2015 DSDP 4366 pulling a 21 JL Unlimited Sport
2002 Safari Zanzibar 3906 gone
1995 Fleetwood Bounder 36JD gone

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a spray bottle of bug remover from CW it works good. Sorry can't remember the name it's a green liquid and it was inexpensive.

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
jergeod wrote:
Stuff called Rejex works for me.

I do the whole coach in ReJex which includes all the glass. I can clean the bugs off the windshield with plain water and a micro fiber cloth

down_home
Explorer II
Explorer II
We bought an expensive con job for glass protection.Diamond Shield or something It did help shed bugs though.
I've tried a number of things but thorought cleaning in early morning when dew has softened them up, wash with spot free car wash and dry quickly with micro fiber.
I use Mequires synthetic spray wax(Ultimate Quick Wax) and wipe off thoroughly, with microfiber towel.
I do the windows ad windshield in the Mercedes too. No hard water spots at all but better glazed glass and it is kept inside. The bugs do come off a lot easier. It does wear off though so each time it is washed it is redone.

jergeod
Explorer
Explorer
Stuff called Rejex works for me.
George & Jerri
USMC VET
Jayco Eagle 339 flqs
upstate NY

RVChippys
Explorer
Explorer
The longer they are on windshield the harder you have to work to get them off.If you wipe the windshield every night, you wont struggle to keep window clean.Let the window soak as long as you can and most bugs should come right off.Always use micro fiber on any painted surfaces.

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
Rain-X is probably a good idea as I've not tried that yet.

What I have tried, is Spray Way..... wow, that stuff cleans off the bugs so easily. Actually, once we stop for the night, I spray the whole front of the coach and take off all the bugs.

I have not had good luck with Windex... just smears. Spray Way works wonders for us. You can buy it just about anywhere... Walmart, Costco, grocery store, etc.

Safe travels,
MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

smlranger
Explorer
Explorer
Rain-X does help. I use a wet dryer sheet to clean them off.
2019 Grand Design Solitude 384GK 5th wheel. Glen Allen, VA

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
To clean them off.

1. spray with windex
2. wait ten minutes
3. clean off bugs using a hose.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

chuckftboy
Explorer
Explorer
Rain-X works for me too
2019 Horizon 42Q Maxum Chassis w/tag
Cummins L-9 450 HP / Allison 3000
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
google 'bugs off windshield'
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman