cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Campground for outer banks NC

golfman_1
Explorer
Explorer
Need campground for base, so we can explore outer banks in car.
Thanks
2000 Mountain Aire 4093 Double slide DP"the Dreamweaver"

2001 Honda Odyssey

Retired and living life to the max.

See you on the road.

17 REPLIES 17

wantabe351
Explorer
Explorer
I just love going to the outerbanks such a relaxing place to go to on a family vacation..Ive been to the CG Waves in Waves and its a Dune(150') walk to the beach..Last year we chose to go lower down on the outerbanks (Friends were staying at Frisco) and Stayed a Frisco Woods in Frisco, a very nice CG on the Bay side of the banks...Problem it was a drive to the beach,about 10 to 15 minutes depending which beach..Now Frisco Woods can be seen on youtube if you search and waves too...enjoy
[purple]Rich & Andrea
[/purple] Semi-Retired
2022 Ram2500 6.4 CC

2019Keystone,Impact26v-TH,solarpower

,Lithium Batt.. all to take our 2012 Yamaha FJR along to ride..

Stefonius
Explorer
Explorer
bullydogs1 wrote:
It actually is....here in the Summer..Alabama in the winter at a resort and area we fell in love with....and met some great friends too...present company included...
DW and I are thinking of moving to OBX, but we'd do it the other way 'round. I can't stand the crowds, so we'd spend the off-season in the Outer Banks, and summer elsewhere.
2003 F450 Crew Cab, 7.3 PSD "Truckasaurus"
2010 Coachmen North Ridge 322RLT fiver "Habitat for Insanity"
I love my tent, but the DW said, "RV or Divorce"...

bullydogs1
Explorer
Explorer
It actually is....here in the Summer..Alabama in the winter at a resort and area we fell in love with....and met some great friends too...present company included...
Stuart and Stella Denning
2016 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ
The 3 Bulldogs (Daisy, Sylvie and Stashie)
2018 Equinox Diesel (TOAD)

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
bullydogs1 wrote:
I was originally from NJ and moved to the OBX in 2011...hope that answers your question...very different here..it's all family oriented and the restaurants are mostly mom and pop...it's not a night club spot but a great spot to relax and take your time.

Sounds like a slice of heaven.

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

Stefonius
Explorer
Explorer
I'm a big fan of Kitty Hawk RV Park. They're at Milepost 4 in Kitty Hawk. It's a very short walk to the ocean from the park (just walk across the beach road and you're there). The people are nice and they're not terribly far from all of the attractions in Kitty Hawk, Kill Devil Hills and Nags Head.
2003 F450 Crew Cab, 7.3 PSD "Truckasaurus"
2010 Coachmen North Ridge 322RLT fiver "Habitat for Insanity"
I love my tent, but the DW said, "RV or Divorce"...

Busdriver
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ocean waves

Busdriver

2019 2500 Chevy Duramax , - 2017 Grand Design 303 RLS

sd1209
Explorer
Explorer
We are currently at OBX Campground.....It is nice but this is the Outer Banks area so do not expect nice grass, etc.....Going rate in season here at this CG 300/week..6 or 7 nights is a week......Full hookups, cable, wifi.....Better than most I researched and very centrally located....Very quiet and a mile to First Flight area.....
Steve and Liz
Elko, Nv and San Diego, Ca
2017 Lance 1172
2016 F350 dually
2010 Jeep Wrangler

bullydogs1
Explorer
Explorer
I was originally from NJ and moved to the OBX in 2011...hope that answers your question...very different here..it's all family oriented and the restaurants are mostly mom and pop...it's not a night club spot but a great spot to relax and take your time.
Stuart and Stella Denning
2016 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ
The 3 Bulldogs (Daisy, Sylvie and Stashie)
2018 Equinox Diesel (TOAD)

kfp673
Explorer II
Explorer II
The new rebuildtHatteras KOA looks nice. We have never been to OBX. Is it worth it going that far south when traveling from PA or should we look at other areas? We have 7yr daughters to keep entertained. Thanks

OutdoorPhotogra
Explorer
Explorer
I can't tell you where to camp but I highly recommend going to see the wild horses. I would love to do that again.
2008 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 5th Wheel
F-250 6.2 Gasser

Former PUP camper (Rockwood Popup Freedom 1980)

tohare
Explorer
Explorer
We are at the refuge in wanchese. This is on Roanoke island,
About 3miles from the bridge that takes you to Nags Head. We think this is a good location as it is about an hours drive north to the Virginia boarder, thru the towns of Corolla home of the wild horses, to Duck with a good boardwalk and shopping, to the Wright Brothers museum and memorial in Kitty Hawk and Jockey Ridge State Park. South you go to Cape Hatteras National Park, lots of little beach towns and to Hatteras Light House.
The campground is clean all the utilities work and the sites are OK size.
Enjoy

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
Discussed not long ago in this thread.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
The OBX is a peninsula separating the sound from the ocean.

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
Funny thing, is there is no such place in and McNally called Outer Banks. Find it and I'll give you 20. The Outer Banks are well offshore according to my Nautical Charts so be careful driving there.