cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class C truck mounted

DickBlin
Explorer
Explorer
Hi-need some help we are looking for a truck mounted class c.
Versus a van mounted class c
I know of tiger, xplorer
What other ones (manufacture) in/out of business are out there?
Any help would be great

And thanks
Dick
12 REPLIES 12

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
Born Free does one
2005 Trail Lite 213 B-Plus w/ 6.0 Chevy

tfiedler
Explorer
Explorer
We love the pictures of the Host Campers but cannot justify the pricing for a new one. We're considering an mid-2000's F450 crew cab dually or F550 with a custom bed and new TS116FB 3-slide from Chalet. We think that will come in far under the cost of a new host camper, even though it will be smaller on the inside but for just the two of us, we're okay with that.

tonyandkaren
Explorer
Explorer
Kodiak trucks were discontinued in 2009. Our personal opinion, after looking at a few motorhomes built on the Kodiak, is that the Ford trucks are more comfortable and have a much better fit and finish.
Our Fulltiming Blog

Clickable Attractions Maps

4x4 Custom Class C on F450 chassis

RovingTriker
Explorer
Explorer
This is similar enough, so...Which ones are available on the Kodiak frame? Or is there a reason most are Fords?

Butch50
Explorer
Explorer
Thor makes a couple with F550 trucks

Thor MH
Butch

I try to always leave doubt to my ignorance rather than prove it

2021 Winnebago View

DickBlin
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for the advise, really helps me- on where to look.
I will research those and we will then decide
Kindest regards
Dick

Dune_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
X2 for Dynamax
The Dune Box

the_armadillo
Explorer
Explorer
Dynamax makes an F series Isata.

Reddog1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Moved from the TC Forum.

Wayne

2004.5 Ram SLT LB 3500 DRW Quad Cab 4x4
1988 Bigfoot (C11.5) TC (1900# w/standard equip. per decal), 130 watts solar, 100 AH AGM, Polar Cub A/C, EU2000i Honda

Toad: 91 Zuke

path1
Explorer
Explorer
Depends on how old new or used. We were just sort of looking and found and older Majestic (truck mounted)that they were closing out that model for the newer little 19 ft job. We are really happy after 4 years. HAve had a lot of fun in it. Doesn't look to hard to put new power under house part. Beyond that, haven't scene anything that has a price tag that I'd be interested in. Model number was 23p link is pic I found on google image search. It have a lot of bad points and a lot of good points, but that's our traveling machine. Not beat up I think your looking at $15,000-$18,000. It is 26 steps bumper to bumper and is 23 feet from cab over to rear bumper. Sort of a big camper, sort of class B that you can stand up in and has bathroom and toilet. We call her "stand up B" http://www.fleetcarexport.com/2005-four-winds-majestic-23p/
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

tonyandkaren
Explorer
Explorer
Google "scotty motorhome" I think that the last year the Serro Scotty company made motorhomes was 1996 or 1997. They made them on Dodge Dakotas and Dodge 3500s with gas or Cummings engines.

Another manufacturer that's still in business is Born Free-
http://www.bornfreerv.com/#!born-free-31-majestic/c2nt
Our Fulltiming Blog

Clickable Attractions Maps

4x4 Custom Class C on F450 chassis

Gripnriprod
Explorer
Explorer
Host appears to be manufacturing Truck Chassis class C's.
http://www.hostcampers.com/subs/motorcoaches/motorcoach_270.html
'11 GMC 3500hd SLT DRW D/A 4x4 Spray-in, Air Bags w/comp & controls, TL, Superhitch, 48" Supertruss, 9.5t Warn, front rcvr, Fox Shocks, '11 AF 1140, DB, AC, Gen, Solar, Thermal Windows, Wardrobe, Rear & Side Awnings, 18' Lund/40hp Honda 4 stroke