cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dash Cam on Class A

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have a favorite dash cam for a Class A? It looks like many are tailored for a sloped car windshield or mirror, of which my Class A has neither.

I do have a 12V socket on the dash near the base of the windshield.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed
34 REPLIES 34

creeper
Explorer
Explorer
Thinware F770 with the second cam pointed at the entry door. Both cameras sense motion and will record.

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
Currently on ebay - refurbished cobra unit hi def with gps for $40. I've ordered a pair as I've been using two ultra cheap ones that will not hold a date/time. Link below:

cobra cdr 840

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
my "best" one has a rear camera also, lane departure warnings, vehicle ahead too close, a warning when the vehicle stopped ahead of you moves and you don't, etc.
bumpy

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Not in a MH, but I like it for it's small discrete size, and very good video for about $50 to $90. It is a Mini 801.

Mini 801

Sample video
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
I don't like them. You and your camera can be summoned to testify in court against someone and if you make a stupid mistake which about 75% of the drivers do you will be held liable.

ncrowley
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased the KDLinks X1 full XD dash cam with GPS. The suction cup mounts anywhere on the windshield. The connects can swivel so it can adapt to Amy windshield angle. It is very easy to use - just plug it in and it starts recording (you can stop it). The images are really good and you can see what you need to.
Nancy
Newmar Northern Star

93mastercraft
Explorer
Explorer
Garmin Nuvi GPS w/integrated dash cam.

2014.5 Thor Palazzo 35.1

2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Ready Brute Elite Tow Bar with road master base plate
Safe-T-Plus Steering Stabilizer
TPMS with toad and MH transmitters

cjd10
Explorer
Explorer
Check out the kdlinks on Amazon. Been using it for two years. The mount is adjustable for any type windshield and I never found one with more favorable reviews when I was researching.
Clyde and Elaine
2014 Georgetown 351DS by Forest River
2 Boston Terriers 1 French Bulldog
Rest in Peace Toby

et2
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.amazon.com/OJOCAM-G-Sensor-Integration-firmware-accident/dp/B00G6UC9MU

Have had one in our car for two years without any problems. Plus one in the motorhome. Small enough to fit behind the mirror. No vision interference.

STBRetired
Explorer
Explorer
I use a Falcon Zero I picked up on Amazon. Does a great job and seems to have all the bells and whistles. You can turn off features like recording your speed if you don't want it. Shock detection to automatically save in case of an accident. Comes with an app for your computer to help offload the videos. Mount is adjustable enough that I have no issues on my nearly vertical windshield.
1999 Newmar MACA 3796 F53 6.8L
2016 Ford Edge Sport
Roadmaster Sterling A/T with Brake Buddy Select

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
rgatijnet1 wrote:
All I know is that I want mine to be quickly removable in case I screw up. :B

X2 and I don't want my speed on there :B
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

Jim
Explorer
Explorer
I use this one...it's feature rich, so many features that I forget how to work it sometimes. It's a looper and uses different sizes of micro SD cards for storage, which size depends on how much it can record of course. Slips off the window clamp easily to hide it when parked but the window clamp stays there. No fumbling with it. It does fall off when it gets too hot from sun though so you have to stick it back up there once in awhile.

The window mounting clamp device is usable for my sloped car window AND the nearly straight up and down RV window. And at only $25 per camera, I bought one for my car and one for the RV.

Window Cam!
Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Winnebago Journey, '02
Cat 330HP Diesel, 36.5', two slides.

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
All I know is that I want mine to be quickly removable in case I screw up. :B

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
to mount mine, I bought a AmorTek SnakeMount - Dash Cam Mirror Mount - 5 Different Joints Kit Suitable for Most Car Camera
Sold by: AmorTek from AMazon works great.
bumpy

Ed_Gee
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mile High wrote:
Anyone have a favorite dash cam for a Class A? It looks like many are tailored for a sloped car windshield or mirror, of which my Class A has neither.

I do have a 12V socket on the dash near the base of the windshield.

I have been using a Road Mate DVR model 7202 for several years. The front windshield on my Class A is also near vertical as is yours and the dash cam mount easily aims the camera forward where you want it. It has all the features one would want.
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad