cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Emerge From the Winter Dungeon

10forty2
Explorer
Explorer
The weather's getting nice again here in the Old North State and since it doesn't look like snow is anywhere in the forecast, we went ahead and rescued our coach from its exile in the winter dungeon. It's so nice to have her back in the driveway where she belongs! Now, to get her ready for the season and head out on new adventures......

Sorry for all my fellow RV'ers up north with that cold, white stuff still on the ground. Hopefully some of this southern sunshine will head your way and melt it all!!
1999 Holiday Rambler Endeavor, 36' Gasser
Triton V10, Ford F53 Chassis
-----------------------------------------
8 REPLIES 8

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
Glad to hear it! We never had a winter here in Western Washington State! No snow at all so far this winter in the low lands!

mtrumpet
Explorer
Explorer
Finally been pushing up into the 40's and finally hit 50+ a couple of times over the past few days here in Western New York State. Snow is finally starting to disappear rather quickly, although we still have a significant amount on the ground.

As we do every year, we're scheduled to get ours out of storage either the first or second weekend in April. If the weather keeps up as it has been, we may just make it. I never take mine out of storage until at least 95% of the snow is gone and the temps stay warm enough where they've long stopped salting the roads. Usually by then, we've had some rain which washes most of the salt off the roads.

In all of our years, we have yet to miss our target of getting the rig out either the first or second weekend of April. Although, it seemed like it was going to be close a couple of times - like this year.
Mark & Cherie
2002 Newmar Dutch Star DP 3872, Cummins 350 ISC, Spartan Chassis

Kennedy64
Explorer
Explorer
Been mild here the last few days. Getting the itch but I'm afraid I'll jinx myself. Gonna hold off for a few weeks

rolling_rhoda
Explorer
Explorer
after several nice days, our snow is almost gone, and the lake ice will likely be out in a few days. Took the Mother Ship out for a drive yesterday for the first time since October. It felt like a spring tonic!

janstey
Explorer
Explorer
87 forcasted high here in SW Iowa, with a great 10 day forecast. I un-winterized and am ready to head out!
JeffA and KimA
2009 Fleetwood Bounder 35H (Workhorse Chassis) / with two slides
2003 Jeep Liberty toad, all 4 down w/brake buddy

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
I'm going to start getting her ready this week. We are going away in four weeks. I can't believe how much snow melted this weekend. Hope the ground can handel it and not get mushy.
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

rav
Explorer
Explorer
snow is all gone around ours- the weather is improving so I will start the DEwinterization in the next few weeks. it felt good to get inside this weekend. want to be ready 'cause as soon as the weather cooperates I will be camping.

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well, we did schedule the shake-down cruise for the weekend of April 10th, so at some point in the next 4 weeks I'll need to do the same. The good news is that things have started to move around in the storage yard, so the bus is already dug out. I still have a foot of snow on the deck.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox