cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Espresso Machines and a Good Latte

RV_Wife
Explorer
Explorer
I'm contemplating getting an espresso machine for the RV. Tried as I might, I can't fall in love with my husband's coffee. I want a tasty latte. Does anyone know of a good, affordable and small espresso machine that would make really good lattes in the RV? Thanks!
RV Wife
The totally awesome RV Daily Life Video Blog Can Be Seen Here
2012 Fleetwood Discovery 40x (17,000 miles)
380 HP Cummins with an Allison Transmission - Freightliner Chassis
2015 Jeep Cherokee
24 REPLIES 24

boba
Explorer
Explorer
we have a rivo and we love it

AndrewGalloway
Explorer
Explorer
I love coffee so much. And because of that I bought a frother from Kitchen Ace for almost a year now. I've been using this frother for I think almost a year and I can say that its still hygienic and durable. So if you want a recommendation, I am recommending this frother to you guys.

tahiti16
Explorer
Explorer
I keep threatening to take the one from house with us, already take the Bunn coffee maker. It is not cheap but I got mine as an anniversary gift from work for 25 years. It is Breville and makes a good cup, think any short comings are MY skill level. I have seen them at Williams-Sonoma.
Ray, Cheryl & of course Miss Molly the four-legged child

2006 Dolphin 36' F53 V10 5 speed auto 2 slides 7.5 KW genset

happy-2
Explorer
Explorer
Keurig K Cup is the way to go,we buy all our coffee at Costco,Winco,get the best price.

Wimsey
Explorer
Explorer
we just got a Nespresso Maestro for the motorhome. The lattes weget using it are fantastic!
Talboys -- aka 2005 40' Newmar Dutch Star 4011
Traveling home for Wimsey Bulldogs
Spartan Chassis
Blue Ox Tow Bar
2006 Mercury Mariner Hybrid Towed

ewarnerusa
Nomad
Nomad
Jagtech wrote:
A Moka pot is the best inexpensive choice. Its a stove-top espresso maker, so works good for the RV. Use it with a battery operated milk frother (heat the milk in the microwave or on stovetop) and your good to go.

Moka Pot

^^^This.
The moka pot will give you a nice strong cup. Get the 6-cup version, that makes one normal-sized coffee mug worth per brew. I don't believe it meets the "true" definition of espresso though because it doesn't build up enough pressure.
http://www.1stincoffee.com/what-is-espresso#
..."moka" style machines...rely on steam pressure to force water through the ground coffee. Steam pressure is only capable of producing up to 1.5 BAR or 50 PSI of pressure. A true espresso machine must produce a minimum pressure of 9 BAR or 135 PSI (pounds per square inch) to force the water through a bed of finely ground and compacted ground coffee. The steam driven moka pots are often sold in major department stores for $75 or less. They usually include a 4 cup carafe. True espresso machines are pump-driven or lever operated.

I have no experience with the milk frother, though. Just adding regular milk has always worked for me.
Aspen Trail 2710BH | 470 watts of solar | 2x 6V GC batteries | 100% LED lighting | 1500W PSW inverter | MicroAir on air con | Yamaha 2400 gen

BigBlockTank
Explorer
Explorer
I like coffee cooked over an open fire, in a bent and beat up old tin pot with the grounds right in there. Then put egg sheels on top to keep the grounds down. That's good coffee. And black too....

SkiingSixPack
Explorer
Explorer
Just saw this on CNET .... Price is reasonable

http://www.cnet.com/news/minipresso-hot-fresh-espresso-on-the-go/
My better half
DS-18,DD-17,DS-15,DS-15 (4 teenagers, in da house)
Summit Red Sunshine-4
Brandy Red Sunshine-At the bridge

The greatest thing you ever can do now,
Is trade a smile with someone who's blue now,
It's very easy just...

cjd10
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on the Mr Coffee from Walmart. Small, compact and works great
Clyde and Elaine
2014 Georgetown 351DS by Forest River
2 Boston Terriers 1 French Bulldog
Rest in Peace Toby

RV_Wife
Explorer
Explorer
Wow! I've really got a wide variety of answers here! Thank you everyone! I've been researching every recommendation but I'm still not sure which way to go. I wish there was somewhere I could go to sample a latte from all of these ๐Ÿ˜‰
RV Wife
The totally awesome RV Daily Life Video Blog Can Be Seen Here
2012 Fleetwood Discovery 40x (17,000 miles)
380 HP Cummins with an Allison Transmission - Freightliner Chassis
2015 Jeep Cherokee

Jagtech
Explorer
Explorer
A Moka pot is the best inexpensive choice. Its a stove-top espresso maker, so works good for the RV. Use it with a battery operated milk frother (heat the milk in the microwave or on stovetop) and your good to go.

Moka Pot
1998 Triple E F53
1995 Jeep Wrangler toad

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
ljr869 wrote:
Nespresso Inissia and a milk frother.

As with "smacdiesel", that's what we also use, we have one at home and also in the MH.
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L

ljr869
Explorer
Explorer
Nespresso Inissia and a milk frother.
Jim
2009 Fleetwood Bounder 35H
Ford V-10 w/ Banks

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
This is the real Italian brand. I'm married to an Italian from Civitella Roveto in Abruzzo.