Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Extended Service Plan

jasminell
Explorer
Explorer
Duplicate Post, please post responses Here

I'm at the Holiday Rambler factory service center in Coburg OR with slide problems. The RV service center put in a request for two different repairs. One was approved, however the other was denied! The repair denied was for my large bedroom slide. The two rollers under the foot end are cutting into the plywood thus making the motor work hard. Every time we move the slide wood pieces are found, before long it will cut through the plywood. Hoping for help with this matter.
6 REPLIES 6

Valkyriebush
Explorer II
Explorer II
You are aware that slides and jacks are an addition to the policy? Did you have that coverage?
Command Master Chief (AW) USN, (ret)
2003 Fleetwood Excursion 330 Turbo Cat 39D
2000 Jeep GC
2005 Big Ruckus (Rides Behind Jeep)
2003 VTX 1800

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Yeah, I feel your pain. We have a good sam extended warranty. My washer/dryer is toast. The bearing in the back has seized and thrown the belt. They were able to put the belt back on, but the tech said it won't last 2 months. The machine is over 10 years old and the bearing/part is obsolete and no longer available. GS will only pay the price to REPAIR it and insisted on an estimate for that. The tech wrote right on the order it was not repairable because the part was no longer available. He had to write it up as though it was and that is the price they are working with, not the replacement of a new w/d which is what has to happen when it finally blows.

Grrrrr.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Just trying to wrap my head around what you're expecting US to do? :h:h

Often, repairs are approved or disapproved based on the techs description of the problem. Did the warranty folks send out one of their techs or simply rely on the Monaco/ARV tech? Usually you can contact the warranty people yourself and attempt to negotiate repair work. That depends a lot on where you purchased your warranty. If from Wholesale Warranties, call Jeff Shelton and he will intervene on your behalf. Otherwise, you're on your own....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
WHOSE EXTENDED SERVICE PLAN IS IT?
What is the service centers cure for the problem?
What is the cost?
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

BobGed
Explorer
Explorer
Very few, if any, extended service contracts will approve preventative repairs. Now the good news is, as long as you have slide coverage, once the slide fails from digging into the wood, chances are the repairs will be covered.

Make sense?....absolutely not, but unfortunately that's the way it usually works.
2017 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited

bullydogs1
Explorer
Explorer
take pictures and call the warranty people..who is it you are dealing with?..
Stuart and Stella Denning
2016 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ
The 3 Bulldogs (Daisy, Sylvie and Stashie)
2018 Equinox Diesel (TOAD)