cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fisher Paykel: any good?

elhajj33
Explorer
Explorer
Hey all, my coach has a leaking kitchenaid dishwasher. No worries, I have an extended warranty so I took the coach in to Orlando RV. Without consulting me, however, they ordered a Fisher Paykel DD24SDFX7.

I'll admit I'm frustrated the unit was ordered and delivered without anyone talking to me. But, I can set this aside (though it's yet another example of lack of communication and coordination at that dealership.) I'm being assured, by the service manager, that the model is great and quiet. But, the only review of it I found said the following it does not clean well.

Here's the review:
"Easy to operate and very quiet when running, BUT Does not clean the dishes and they are wet, not damp when the cycle is done. You have to wash the dishes befor loading into the dishwasher or they WILL NOT be clean."

I'm wondering if Fisher Paykel is any good and if anyone has that particular model?
2009 Fleetwood Excursion 40x DP
Photographer: www.certainpointofview.com
26 REPLIES 26

Goldencrazy
Explorer
Explorer
Had one at home. Excellent.

jbilling
Explorer
Explorer
I was an appliance dealer for 15 years before retiring and I would not have a Fisher and Paykel dishwasher. The Kitchenaid unit is much better designed and backed up by Kitchenaid. I quit selling the Fisher Paykel units because I could not find a servicer and they would not back up their warranty. Hold out for a Kitchenaid unit.

mgh122
Explorer
Explorer
sprintmod1 wrote:
elwood58 wrote:
Some seem to think that constantly power cycling the Fisher Pakel is hard on it's circuit boards. There should be a setting that has it off until turns on. This may extend the life of the unit.

Very interesting comment!! We bought a used coach in July with the Fisher Paykel dishwasher in it. Did not work, only problem with this coach, when we bought it. Had a new board put in it and a month later, that board is blown out also. Warranty says they won't touch it again. And I've got five years on the extended warranty, and they are done with it. Wife now uses it for storage of her K-cups.......expensive storage cabinet.

It would seem if they had fixed it properly the first it would still be working. If the circuit board went they should find out why, that's a symptom . Beyond that, how do they justify not fixing again? I've had a few items repaired several times with my plan, no problem. Good luck!
Mike & Peg
Aint' life grand!!
'05 Discovery 39S
'04 Grand Cherokee Freedom, M&G, Roadmaster Sterling
http://discovery-on-the-road.blogspot.com/
Zeus the Wonder Dog
"makes you wonder doesn't he"

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our coach came with one and we use it every day from mid May to mid Oct for the past three years....no problems cleaning and drying. Doesn't hold a lot, but works just fine once you learn the correct operating procedures. Never use the remote control.

Ron
Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....

is_it_friday_ye
Explorer
Explorer
We've had a Fisher Paykel side by side fridge in our home for over 5 years. No problems with it. I would suspect that the RV products would be the same.
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins SRW, Airlift airbags, Bilstein shocks, Smarty Jr., stainless turbo back exhaust, B&W Patriot 18K

2015 Grand Design Momentum 328M, disc brakes, Progressive Industries 50 amp EMS

sprintmod1
Explorer
Explorer
elwood58 wrote:
Some seem to think that constantly power cycling the Fisher Pakel is hard on it's circuit boards. There should be a setting that has it off until turns on. This may extend the life of the unit.

Very interesting comment!! We bought a used coach in July with the Fisher Paykel dishwasher in it. Did not work, only problem with this coach, when we bought it. Had a new board put in it and a month later, that board is blown out also. Warranty says they won't touch it again. And I've got five years on the extended warranty, and they are done with it. Wife now uses it for storage of her K-cups.......expensive storage cabinet.
2010 American Coach Revolution 42w; carrying 2014 HD Electra Glide Limited and towing 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD.
Dirt's for racing and asphalt for getting there.
410 Sprint Car's rule!

jorbill2or
Explorer II
Explorer II
It is a higher end european brand and what is put in all the really high end coaches maybe you should thank the dealer.:W
Bill

elhajj33
Explorer
Explorer
the Mrs. is worried about it being quiet.

Man i gave the dealership a hard time for ordering it without talking to me first. A lot of folks have responded with "it's a high end brand" and not having any issues.

Sounds Like i should be telling the dealership we should keep it.
2009 Fleetwood Excursion 40x DP
Photographer: www.certainpointofview.com

cbeierl
Explorer
Explorer
bullydogs1 wrote:
I have a fisher paykel drawer dishwasher and we have no issues with it... ...note that you have to use liquid dishwasher detergent as that's all that fits in the soap dispenser.

That's not true of my Fisher Paykel DishDrawer. It has a liquid rinse aid dispenser, but the soap dispenser works fine with powdered soap--I'm not even sure it would work with liquid soap, never tried it.
Chris Beierl
2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD

I have one in my new fifth wheel and love it! More importantly DW REALLY loves it !

Cleans well , very quiet.. And dry when done.. They DO TELL you to rinse the dishes off before placing them in the dishwasher , but by habit , we already do that..
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

elwood58
Explorer
Explorer
2016 Fleetwood Bounder 33C

bullydogs1
Explorer
Explorer
I have a fisher paykel drawer dishwasher and we have no issues with it..It cleans well but sometimes if you use the fast setting that's the results you get..If we use the normal setting, then they come out nice and clean (we use it due to the dog dishes etc)...it is quiet but if you use the eco/fast setting that's the killer..run for normal setting which is 115 minutes and you should be fine..note that you have to use liquid dishwasher detergent as that's all that fits in the soap dispenser.
Stuart and Stella Denning
2016 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ
The 3 Bulldogs (Daisy, Sylvie and Stashie)
2018 Equinox Diesel (TOAD)