cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fleetwood and Bounder Owners 2002 to 2008

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
Looking to see if any issues on these years of Fleetwood RV's, mostly Bounder owners, the reason I am asking is I see threads about Thor's many issues and Winnebago rusting front window issues.

I have owned my 2008 Bounder 32W for a year now and its been a great so far, no issues, just wondering if others with years 2002 to 2008 pre BK owners what has been your issues, any problems with leaks, slideouts, electric, full body paint issues, etc..

:C
28 REPLIES 28

1fanman
Explorer
Explorer
timmac wrote:
Looking to see if any issues on these years of Fleetwood RV's, mostly Bounder owners, the reason I am asking is I see threads about Thor's many issues and Winnebago rusting front window issues.

I have owned my 2008 Bounder 32W for a year now and its been a great so far, no issues, just wondering if others with years 2002 to 2008 pre BK owners what has been your issues, any problems with leaks, slideouts, electric, full body paint issues, etc..

:C

We have a 2005 Bounder 35E and haven't had any problems with it at all.
Del & Carol, (Satina & Muffin) (Pugs)
05 Fleetwood Bounder 35E
Toad 2006 Saturn ION
Blue Ox Tow rig
Brake Buddy vantage:)
USAF (Retired)26 yrs
USAF Civil Servant (Retired)22yrs

Valkyriebush
Explorer II
Explorer II
My Excursion has served me very well the past 10 years. Had some gel coat peeling on the upper dominate color, and had repainted. Other than the standard house issue with appliances, this coach has been great as was my previous Pace Arrow.
Command Master Chief (AW) USN, (ret)
2003 Fleetwood Excursion 330 Turbo Cat 39D
2000 Jeep GC
2005 Big Ruckus (Rides Behind Jeep)
2003 VTX 1800

gmelton2
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2006 38 N and have been very pleased. Other than the normal maintenance items, the biggest thing has been having to replace the two large slide out motors. While I was at it I did some redesign so I would never have slide out motor issues again.
Greg Melton and Family
2006 Fleetwood 38' Bounder 300 Hp Cat Triple Slide, Samsung RR
2002 Ford Excursion 4X4 7.3 Powerstroke
2003 VW Golf TDI 48 MPG@265k miles
2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
2010 Yamaha 242 Limited S Water Toy

dkreuzen
Explorer
Explorer
I had a 2003 Bounder diesel for 7 years and 40,000 miles. No major issues.
Dennis
2012 Monaco Knight 36PFT
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon on 2007 16' Car Trailer

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
avidude wrote:
2007 Bounder Diesel 38S. Owned since new. Its been an excellent coach. Our 3rd fleetwood. Other than a substandard stereo and rear view camera that I replaced early on. All of our dual pane windows fogged up at about the 5 year point. A problem from the window manufacturer that affected several brands.

Wow I hope my dual pane windows hold up longer.

hershey
Explorer
Explorer
We fulltime in a 2002 Fleetwood Expedition. 80,000 miles. No leaks, roof or slides or windows.
Replaced the inverter twice, new tires once, clean the radiator once, fuel pump with a 90 mile tow. Replaced slide out covers. Body gel coat looks like new (Red Max Pro) decals are starting to age.
We couldn't be happier with our choice.
hershey - albuquerque, nm
Someday Finally Got Here
My wife does all the driving - I just get to hold the steering wheel.
Face Book Group: All About RVing and We Fly RC's
Expedition - Chevy Equinox

avidude
Explorer
Explorer
2007 Bounder Diesel 38S. Owned since new. Its been an excellent coach. Our 3rd fleetwood. Other than a substandard stereo and rear view camera that I replaced early on. All of our dual pane windows fogged up at about the 5 year point. A problem from the window manufacturer that affected several brands.
Ted

--
'07 Bounder Diesel 38S
Cat C7 300hp, Allison 3000MH
Tow: '11 Chevy Tahoe LTZ

kuzined
Explorer
Explorer
Have a 2005 Pacearrow 37c. The front stat for heat only works when it wants to. The levellers seem to take turns not working. The one under the drivers seat doesnt work now.Have checked wires, cables and a few other things but no dice. Other than that its ok.

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds good so far, I hope my purchase a year ago was a good one, cost me $70,000 and I plan on it being my last RV, I am spending money on a canopy to protect it from the harsh sun here in Vegas.

chuckftboy
Explorer
Explorer
Fleetwood turns out a quality product and most(not all)of us are very happy with our choice. The rust issue with Winnebago's window frame seems to be maybe less than perfect in design but their owners are generally very happy with their products. Thor, while not a bad coach at all has had some serious issues with their slide systems. That enhances the little problems people have making other get the wrong impression.
Any RV is great as it allows us all to do what we enjoy so much.
2019 Horizon 42Q Maxum Chassis w/tag
Cummins L-9 450 HP / Allison 3000
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows

George_Beggs
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a 2007 Bounder 35E. The dealer finished the cleanup and was putting the slide in when the teeth came off the gear. It has taken over a week to get the parts in. The dealer is footing the bill.

Went to get the Bounder after the slide was fixed. The dash air did not cool and the backup camera did not work. We were lucky; the dealer gets to pay for this to.
George & Linda
2007 Bounder 35E
Ford V10

vanzuilekom
Explorer
Explorer
2008 Bounder pusher 38ft.
Best unit of the six we have owned.
So far, an alternator, set of tires (Hankook), and an inverter which the manufacturer refunded due to recall that missed my vin number.
Other than a few light bulbs.........normal annual service.
Love it.

CG_Dawson
Explorer
Explorer
"Knock on wood" no issues with our 2003 Bounder which we purchased new.
Happy RV'ing!!

Greg & Jackie
2003 Bounder, 32W / Ford V10 / 2 Slides
Toad: 2004 Saturn L300, Brake Buddy

allbrandauto
Explorer
Explorer
my 2007 bounder 36z has had no leakage problems no paint problems but I wax it a lot had to replace stair motor backup camera generator wears out one brush every 3 years guess its all normal stuff