cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fleetwood Bounder reviews

sandhills
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking at our 1st Class A and have been looking at this gasser. Any reviews on this motorhome? Good/bad?

Thanks for any help!
24 REPLIES 24

chili_s_trip
Explorer II
Explorer II
In addition to agreeing with the positive comments here let mention one more. While I was looking for a used class A I was amazed at the number of lookers I ran into seeking their second and third Bounders. Good luck.
Jack H
2005 Fleetwood Bounder 32W 8.1.
2009 Honda Fit Sport

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
I would agree the Bounder is regarded as a solid MH. I just never cared for all that carpet. Seems like the Bounder and the Georgetown are the carpet kings in the MH world. Speaks nothing of their quality, just an observation.
2013 ACE 29.2

alexleblanc
Explorer
Explorer
I've been quietly looking at Gas class A's, the bounder being one of them, I think by reading this thread it may have moved up a few notches in my head.
TV - 2017 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum 6.7 + 5er - 2021 Grand Design Reflection 311 BHS + B&W Companion
On Order - 2022 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum 6.7

96Bounder30E
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you'd like to know the history of the Bounder and other cool history stuff, read the biography of John Crean the founder of Fleetwood and the creator of the Bounder and other RV models........

I've got 2 hand signed copies of this book and have read it several times.....

The Wheel and I by John Crean
Eric
96 Bounder 30E-F53(460)
stock Ford intake w/K&N air filter
used Thorley headers
new Banks resonator, muffler, tail pipe and 4" polished SS exhaust tip

JimFromJersey
Explorer
Explorer
Overall, I think the Bounder is generally regarded as a very good value for the money. They are not a quarter-million dollar coach, but they aren't junk either. In the mid/late 80s they were design leaders, and, from what I hear, they were the first Class A's with the basement storage compartments. My 88 on the Chevy chassis with the 454 is still going strong after 50K+ miles and several years as a F/T home by P/O's. I have no experience with other vintages.
Always remember, you're a unique individual. Just like the other 7 billion people on the planet...

sandhills
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the great replies...it is very much appreciated!!!

w4phj
Explorer
Explorer
I'm on my 2nd Bounder. The gas gauge stopped working and the tires wore out.
2021 Winnebago View 24J
2021 Ram pick up
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Ham Radio Extra Class Volunteer Examiner
FAA A&P License

1969 Plymouth Road Runner

dahkota
Explorer
Explorer
We have had our 2014 33C bounder for a little over a month and have put about 2000 miles on her. She is 34' long with a 22K chassis and a 208" wheel base.

We love her. She drives well, not much sway from passing trucks, holds the road through rough pavement and potholes.

The vacu-flush toilet is annoying but we haven't had any problem with tank odors like our previous gravity toilet.

Ours came with the outside entertainment tv, a stove but not an oven, winegard satellite dish, king bed, fireplace. We have never used the outside tv but it works. The winegard satellite dish is not nearly as good as our Pathway x2 but it is convenient (the second tv receiver needs to be updated a lot though). It is strange to not have an oven, but the convection microwave cooks much better than any of the ovens I have had in a mh. A lot less bottom burning. We find the king bed mattress comfortable. The fireplace works well to take the morning chill out of the rv.

Standard equipment - the fridge keeps things very cold. The driver's seat is very comfortable for long trips. The engine gets loud when you need power but it isn't so bad we can't talk over it. The generator works well and isn't too loud with the a/cs running. The a/cs are pretty loud but no louder than any other coleman. They are ducted.

Some people hate the couch; we love it. We added plenty of pillows and its a great lounge area.

In ours, the 'home theatre' system is pretty lousy. The tv isn't directly connected because it has an optical out and the dvd/HE center doesn't have an optical in. We hooked it to our satellite receiver as that is how we usually watch tv anyway.

If you get one, get vent covers for the bathroom and kitchen ceiling fans.

If you have any direct questions, please feel free to ask. Everything works, everything is comfortable. A couple of changes we would make, like the showerhead, are minor.
2015 Jeep Willys Wrangler
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 33C
States camped: all but Hawaii
more than 1700 days on the road

philandterri
Explorer
Explorer
We are on our 4th Fleetwood MH, a 1994 Bounder, purchased used in 1996, put about 15000 miles on it, no major issues, a 1996 Bounder 34J purchased used in 1998, put on 40000 miles, some brake issues, Then we went to a class c 2008 Tioga 31W , purchased used in 2012 put on 15000 miles on it, no issues, great V10. We now have a 2006 Bounder 32W which we just purchased in August.

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
hanko wrote:
problem with that and alot of gas coaches is the longer than should be rear overhang. I think fleetwood uses a 228 inch wheel base on the 34. if its on a 20,500 lb chasis walk away. 22,000 would probably be ok.

I got a 20,500 lb chassis on my 08 32W Bounder 33 feet long 2 slides and its plenty of chassis and its wheel base is 208 inches and overhang is normal length not long, mine however has the 19.5 tires but they to seem strong enough..

kab449
Explorer
Explorer
My brother has the 35' model with the mid TV, L sofa, and bath and a half. Built on the Ford V10 chassis. He really likes it. Had a few problems fixed under the warranty. He did change the bed to a sleep number, the mattresses they put in are not the most comfortable. It is a good solid coach.
2017 Heartland Bighorn 3160Elite/2017 F250 Lariat Ultimate
2018 Coachmen Galleria 24Q Class B Mercedes Van
Keith & Brenda
Marley the Maltese
Central PA

chuckftboy
Explorer
Explorer
It seems that there are not many dissatisfied Bounder owners out there. That has to tell you something about the quality.
2019 Horizon 42Q Maxum Chassis w/tag
Cummins L-9 450 HP / Allison 3000
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows

Crazy_Ray
Explorer
Explorer
WE love our Bounder. One Happy Camper :B
RET ARMY 1980,"Tiny" furkid, Class A, 2007 Bounder 35E, Ford V10 w/Steer Safe, 4 6V CROWN,GC235,525W Solar Kyocera, TriStar 45 Controller,Tri-Metric 2020,Yamaha 2400, TOW CRV. Ready Brake. "Living Our Dream" NASCAR #11-18-19-20- LOVE CO,NM,AZ

GGoodsell
Explorer
Explorer
We've had a 2009 Bounder 32V (no longer offered) since 2010 and am very happy with it. We find it comfortable, easy to drive, and have had minimal issues. We tow a Honda CRV and
barely know it's there. We've towed throughout California and into the High Sierras without issues. The rear overhang is not really an issue, but you need to keep an eye on it when close to objects and you need to swing to one side or another. We average between 6 and 6.5 mpg.
We feel it offers a lot for the money.