cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

FMCA Michelin Tire Program Maryland/Delaware/PA/NJ

Southwind98
Explorer
Explorer
Need to replace tires on RV (235/80R 22.5 XRV).Went through the Michelin dealership search, but does anyone have first hand experience with any dealers in my area. Northern Maryland /Delaware would be first choice, but Lancaster area of Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey would also be within driving distance. Looking for good custom service and trustworthiness.I do all the maintenance and repair work on the RV and not real keen on letting someone work on it, but no choice here. Thanks in advance for a point in the right direction.
Will & Michelle
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38P
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
1990 Jeep Wrangler
12 REPLIES 12

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Coyote74 wrote:
Fmca program is only michelin motorhome tires and only certain sizes I think?

NOT correct. Michelin, B.F. Goodrich and Uniroyal in RV, passenger car and light truck sizes:

http://www.fmca.com/join-family-motor-coach-association/member-benefits/fmca-connections/3455
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

Coyote74
Explorer
Explorer
Fmca program is only michelin motorhome tires and only certain sizes I think?
Joe Taylor , Good Sam Life Member
FMCA #285032
2004 Winnebago Adventurer 38R

Life's a trip, RVing makes it an incredible journey.

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
jbbrick wrote:
The big question is whether there is any savings with this plan over regular discounted tire places, including Costco. I need a set for my tow but haven't checked FMCA against anyone else yet.

Do, and let us know-- the RV tire part of the program has been around for a long time. But the passenger car and light truck as well as Uniroyal and B.F Goodrich under the program is new.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

jbbrick
Explorer
Explorer
The big question is whether there is any savings with this plan over regular discounted tire places, including Costco. I need a set for my tow but haven't checked FMCA against anyone else yet.
'06 Itasca Suncruiser 33'
2016 Ford Edge toad

Southwind98
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the responses. Looks like STTC tires is the place to go with and there's a dealership in Delaware. I like the no sales tax as Busskipper pointed out for purchasing in Delaware. Thanks again to everyone .
Will & Michelle
1990 Jeep Wrangler

Tom_N
Explorer
Explorer
Michelin Truck Tire Dealers
Sarver, PA/Crystal River, FL/Shelocta, PA ยท W3TLN ยท FMCA 335149 ยท Mystic Knights of the Sea
2005 Suncruiser 38R ยท W24 chassis, no chassis mods needed ยท 2013 Honda Accord EX-L ยท 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
Southwind98, when you register your credit card with Michelin over the phone, Michelin will tell you what dealer to go to! That's how it worked for me!

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
Southwind98 wrote:
Need to replace tires on RV (235/80R 22.5 XRV).Went through the Michelin dealership search, but does anyone have first hand experience with any dealers in my area. Northern Maryland /Delaware would be first choice, but Lancaster area of Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey would also be within driving distance. Looking for good custom service and trustworthiness.I do all the maintenance and repair work on the RV and not real keen on letting someone work on it, but no choice here. Thanks in advance for a point in the right direction.

Been a number of years, try Truck tires in Milford, DE bought tires from them a number of years ago -- great price and in Delaware you have no sales tax. We have spent the last 35 years with a family reunion in Rehoboth, so I just just picked them up on the way to the Beach.

Just a thought,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

univmd
Explorer
Explorer
Ok we just got brand new Michelin tires via FMCA Program from STTC tires. They have many locations, we used the one in Capitol Heights/Landover, MD. STTC attends the RV shows and rallies, and they totally understand the FMCA program.
2008 Gulfstream Tourmaster
2011 Honda CRV
Blue Ox Baseplate & Socket Wiring
Blue Ox Alladin Tow Bar
US Gear Unified Tow Brake

sprintmod1
Explorer
Explorer
A friend just did his Michelin's through Service Tire Truck Center's (STTC) in Harrisburg Pennsylvania and done through the FMCA Michelin program. He also replaced the front Bilstein shocks at the same time. He was very happy and they did a very nice job and the shocks were around $100 each for the front.
2010 American Coach Revolution 42w; carrying 2014 HD Electra Glide Limited and towing 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD.
Dirt's for racing and asphalt for getting there.
410 Sprint Car's rule!

Southwind98
Explorer
Explorer
trop-a-cal wrote:
Get RV tires at Truck Tire stores. You don't need and exclusive Michelin store as they are carried by many truck service/tire places. Go to Michelin web site for location of tires in your area.

Thanks for the response. I understand that truck tire stores carry many brands. Looking for first hand experience of excellent service in my area, have already searched. Plus most likely be using the FMCA tire discount
Will & Michelle
1990 Jeep Wrangler

trop-a-cal
Explorer
Explorer
Get RV tires at Truck Tire stores. You don't need and exclusive Michelin store as they are carried by many truck service/tire places. Go to Michelin web site for location of tires in your area.