cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fresh water tank question - 1998 Roadtrek

Jonathan_Clemen
Explorer
Explorer
The low point on the fresh water tank of our 98D190V has what appears to be a sediment filter attached to a T fitting. The end of the T opposite from the filter has a cap which I presume is removed to drain the tank. The third end of T is a connected to a water line which leads upward into the cabin and I presume goes to the pump. Do these filters clog up? Yesterday I was flushing out all the antifreeze from the system and when removing the cap to drain the tank found that the water flow was decent at first but then slowed way down. The tank did not appear to be fully drained according to the monitor. The filter does have a zip tie on it which implies to me that it may be serviceable. I now want to sanitize the system and would like to fully drain the tank (am also concerned that this may be a problem with winterizing). Any suggestions would be appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3

Jonathan_Clemen
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for your suggestions. I positioned the van so the low point of the tank was in a better orientation and was able to fully drain the tank. I ran the pump for a short time at the beginning of the drain time and opened the sink and shower faucets. It is still taking a long time to fully drain. I'll try the 2 gallon suggestion as well.

Arizona_Kid
Explorer
Explorer
Don't trust the monitor, put a couple of gallons of water in the tank, measure how much comes out. If you get two gallons, or close, then your tank is empty.
Tank monitors are notorious for faulty readings.

PSW
Explorer
Explorer
You might try turning the faucet full on (cold side or both heat and cold sides) with the pump off and see if it drains better. You could be pulling a vacuum in the system. Then, run the pump a minute or so with the faucet and drain open and see what happens.
PSW
2013 Phoenix Cruiser 2350
2014 Jeep Cherokee behind it
and a 2007 Roadtrek 210P for touring