Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Monaco Vesta / HR Trip

The Trip by Holiday Rambler and the Vesta by Monaco were offered, so far as I can tell, in 2011 and 2012 only. What I have seen of them I really like them but I don't want to buy one without learning why they did not continue to make and sell them. I...

Rick_Y by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

2003 Four Winds 5000 - Advice

Been lurking here for a few months and been scanning local Craigslist and other online classifieds for RV's.Been wanting to try a small MH for weekend trips with the family. Sometimes to visit family ~300 miles away, sometimes to explore and visit a...

Solar For Motor Battery Only

Would this little solar unit suffice in keeping the motor battery trickle charged while the van is not in use parking in the driveway? Thanks, 10 watt solar unit on Amazon

goreds2 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Reflectix warning

Over the years I have noticed many rv's going down the road with a foil looking stuff in their over the cab window. It turns out the product used is called refectix. It's a bubble wrap with a reflective foil on both sides. It works great at reflectin...

Kwickie RV step

I had to replace the Kwickie step on my RV ( 2001 Fleetwood Pace Arrow) My new step has a four way plug and my RV has a a two way plug. This is not including the ground wire and light. Do you know how I can convert that without a total cut and rew...

I need to know ...

We're looking at used MH class A, what are the differences between the chassis types?Which should I stay away from. I haven't been able to find this info. Thanks.

Engine/Electronics Upgrade???

I don't know how to ask this.I have a 2014 Coachmen with an "Info Center". It gives me information like: a. 543 miles to empty. b. outside temp. c. trip miles. d. mileage.Well, the miles to empty is wrong. I don't know how or who ...

GGeorge by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Some Questions about the Design of Traditional Class C's

Hi You all,Another dreamer here, I want to buy a short class C motorhome in about a year if finances permit it. I want a very traditional one such as the Minnie Winnie 22R, a Freelander 19CB, or maybe that new Freelander 20CB that's built on a Ford T...

To B or not to B

We got our first RV 35' class A back in 2007. Now the kids are older and we're thinking to down size to a B or possibly a B+.Reason is simple, no more towing.Has anyone here downsize from a class A to B and regrets?What is the longest class B or B+ ...

LA88 by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Change Differential Gears to new Ratio?

Has anyone changed the differential gears in their MH to a different ratio? Our 1999 Brave is geared way too low for how we use it and my thought was that I'd get better mileage with a higher ratio. Now at highway speeds the engine is running aroun...

Dstrahm by Explorer
  • 33 replies
  • 0 likes

how do you remove watermarks on sides of rv

What do you all use to remove the watermarks from the sides of your rv? I have a black and gold finish on my coach and have the water runoff stains from the awning down the sides and can't seem to find anything to remove them. I have used the black s...

Whoa, how much to wash my rig again...???

Here in Fairview, Oregon at a nice park and often saw a local RV washing service in the park. Usually took a couple workers a couple hours to do a rig as big as mine. So called them up to get a quote to wash my 35' Winnie Class A.I expected the price...

Jim by Explorer
  • 50 replies
  • 0 likes

Lowering Driver's seat

I am looking at a class a cross country Motorhome but I have a problem. My legs are so short that I can't put my heel down when I try to touch the gas and break peddle. Does anyone know if the seat can be lowered? I have it as far forward as it wil...

Extended Insurance Coverage

I am not a fan of insurance companies of any type. With that caveat I must say, the GS Extended Coverage has done well by us. The most recent call upon them for service resulted in Evansville, In. Our transmission failed. The insurance company author...