cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How many of us are there? Owners of Dodge based RV's?

whiteknight001
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm new here, and curious.

How many of us in Class C own Dodge B300 incomplete
cab/chassis based RV's? I know two others- Steve aka
Ripsaw, with a 1977 Brougham, and Leroy aka 1978_Dodge
_Delta who owns a 440V8 powered sharp looking 1978
Delta RV. I would like to ask, and offer, help, idea
swapping and comparing notes on our particular RV's
which are based on the Dodge B300 van chassis.

Yeah, I know. These are low tech, podgy old RV's that
would be considered "entry level" for folks like me,
but I have a deep and abiding respect for the quality
of these old "monsters of the open road". And anyone
wanting to pick brains, joke about, share notes or just
brag about our old A- Dodge-io's are certainly welcome
to PM or email me. Between all of us we can form a real
good support group, and help each other with problems
we know we'll encounter with an older vehicle.

Sure. I'd love a new RV. But I'd rather have an older
one already paid for, and a lotta great memories. Call
me frugal, an old hippie, or whatever you will. I'm proud
of my old land yacht.

Mopar Madness Manifest in the flesh,

Mark aka White Knight

P.S. Mine's a '72. Is there an older one out there someone's
motorvating in? Maybe even a Travco? W/K
1972 Mobile Traveler 20' Dodge B300 Class C
"The Kobayashi Maru" Trans- Prarie Land Craft
"Requiescat in pace et in amore..."
8,369 REPLIES 8,369

75Americanclipp
Explorer
Explorer
just change my coil and now I can cruise 65 again, wow .

so all filters, plus air, oil change and now I can hear it sound a lot better

jc

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
3.54 ratio in a [gas] class a or c would be to low and will lug motor, work hard in mountains and hard on U joints, 3.90 or 4.10 should be the lowest one should go in a gas rv..

Masterboondocker> you have been talking about your rv rebuild and how many more years are we going to hear about your pipe dream 12-15 mpg on a gas [10,000lb] class a rv, carburetor, dated 72, when will it run, or will it ever, are you going to inject the waste from your black tank into carb to save fuel with your waste incinerator..:h

MasterBoondocke
Explorer
Explorer
timmac wrote:
Has anyone changed there gear ratio in there Dodge class a or c rv [440mtr] to 3.90 or 4.10, how did it run after change, does motor lug, still great power in hills, etc etc....

Is a 3.54 gear in yerr future ? ..... SOME of us with AEROdynamic motorhomes can pull a shorter gear and then HENCE get better fuel econ.

OR could it be that weak-arse 440 of yurrs can not pull that barn-door Class C ? .... yous' gotsa' know that the 413 is BESTer ! ... :B

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone changed there gear ratio in there Dodge class a or c rv [440mtr] to 3.90 or 4.10, how did it run after change, does motor lug, still great power in hills, etc etc....

ram6trik
Explorer
Explorer
i just traded for a 73 executive,would like to restore or sell as is,plz contact me if interested,outside is near perfect,needs ceiling inside.Also have 73 chevy open road for sale,any questions will be answered.

sheetszone
Explorer
Explorer
yeah will definitely take my time ๐Ÿ™‚
---------
1975 Dodge Tigoa Sportsman

RobinHoodRV
Explorer
Explorer
sheetszone wrote:
Ok, so just figured out w/ my VIN my motor 1975 Dodge Sportsman (Royal Sportsman accrding to vin) is the 360, not the 318 as previous owner told me. SHould I celebrate? Now can I toe my old jeep wrangler without worry??

You should be able to. Probably a little slow going up some grades tho'!
Whoo-hooo! :B :B :B
-jc

78 Robinhood 23' Class C
97 Geo Tracker Convertible 4x4
87 Jeep Comanche Chief 4x4

sheetszone
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, so just figured out w/ my VIN my motor 1975 Dodge Sportsman (Royal Sportsman accrding to vin) is the 360, not the 318 as previous owner told me. SHould I celebrate? ๐Ÿ™‚ Now can I toe my old jeep wrangler without worry??
---------
1975 Dodge Tigoa Sportsman

munkalido
Explorer
Explorer
MasterBoondocker wrote:
Holley crabs ? ... no doubt the best race carb. Most if not all race cars use a Hooley but when it comes to part-throttle fuel and air mixing ... there are LOTS best-er carbs out there than that one.

... the best one ? ... the infamous ThermoQuad.

My stock T.Q. was warped and letting all kinds of air in. The thing would stumble all over itself off the line and never really ran very well. I heard this was a very common problem with T.Q. on motorhomes due to the heat. I took it off and replaced it with the Edlebrock stock replacement for a quadrajet (#1905) and it was expensive. It was also bigger (795 cfm) so while it has plenty of power, much more than before, it's also sucking more gas. I'm serously contemplating the Holley 670cfm 2D TBI that was mentioned in this post some time ago. This would also allow for use of flex-fuel (E85) that should have better availability in the future.

Retro_Cruiser
Explorer
Explorer
Having just installed my first Edelbrock, I must give them a nod. Really good right out of the box. I've bought new Holleys in the past and have had problems.
My ThermoQuad had already been replaced by p.o. when I bought my motorhome (see pic at profile)choke didn't work, ran bad. Edelbrock/with an electric choke has made it like a different vehicle. Very happy with that upgrade..
Just my 2 cents

Retro

MasterBoondocke
Explorer
Explorer
Holley crabs ? ... no doubt the best race carb. Most if not all race cars use a Hooley but when it comes to part-throttle fuel and air mixing ... there are LOTS best-er carbs out there than that one.

... the best one ? ... the infamous ThermoQuad.

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
Holley makes a good carb, your problem was buying used ones that shade tree mechanics messed up the carb and then sold off to some one else..certain auto parts should not be bought used unless the person selling it was a good mechanic....just my 2 cents....

RobinHoodRV
Explorer
Explorer
savatreatabvr wrote:
The only issue I have with the new carb is the kickdown linkage is now out of adjustment because the throttle lever is slightly different. Is there an Edelbrock attachment piece I can buy?

I believe the Edelbrock kick-down adapter is Edelbrock part # EDL-8022. I found it available at summitracing.com and it was listed as Edelbrock Transmission Kick-Down Linkage. I would assume you could find this at any parts store that carries Edelbrock products.

I'm not sure you need it but they also had available the Edelbrock Throttle Lever Adapter, part # EDL-1481, for that carb.
-jc

78 Robinhood 23' Class C
97 Geo Tracker Convertible 4x4
87 Jeep Comanche Chief 4x4

Chancellor
Explorer
Explorer
Is there an Edelbrock attachment piece I can buy? Any suggestions? Yes go to the Edelbrock site and submit your question and they will tell you what part you need and the closest place to you to get it or you can buy it from the site and have it shipped.
Unionguy 1019... Yes I was heart broken over what some of that stuff went for."kicking myself" I should have saved more of my old stuff from Next Gen.
Chancellor of The Klingon Empire
My Lovely wife{The boss}
and PJ our dog that thinks he's human!

savatreatabvr
Explorer
Explorer
I have a NEW problem! When I purchased my 1977 Dodge Pace Arrow moho it had a 650cfm Holley card on it. I could never get it working right so I bought another used Holley and of course, the same situation. I was a life long Holley man so I bought a total of 5 used Holley's (in 3 months) from friends and ebay with no satisfaction. I was eventually talked into buying a brand new 850cfm Edelbrock Performer. I was emotionally distraught, it was like forcing a Chevy man to buy a Ford. But I've seen the light, it was like a miracle cure. I can't say enough about the new Edelbrock. Holley WHO? Edelbrock for President! I slapped the new carb on and that 440 has never ran better. The only issue I have with the new carb is the kickdown linkage is now out of adjustment because the throttle lever is slightly different. Is there an Edelbrock attachment piece I can buy? Any suggestions?