cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hydrolic jacks will not lower

chattyhands
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 1997 Damon Challenger Class A Motorhome. Can anyone help a woman figure out why the jacks won't lower? There is plenty of fluid and there is power, as it is indicated on my platform below the driver seat. Thanks!

Karla
15 REPLIES 15

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Next door motorhome had a problem with jacks retracting. His was a loose wire under the dash inside the motorhome.

chattyhands
Explorer
Explorer
Been busy with so much that I am just now logging in for helpful info concerning the jacks. THANK YOU so much for input. I will make a list and begin checking for the problem ๐Ÿ™‚

golfoh1
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Damon CHallenger and the same problem. It was the brushes
in the motor that runs the levelers. Have some go stand in front with a small wrench or very light hammer and gentely tap on the motor while you press the button to lower the jacks. (Be sure in park and emergency brake is on). If this works to lower them they usually come up ok. I didthis process for some time then took the motor out and cleaned the brushes. Had someone show me what to do but it works fine now. Good luck, try the easy tapping first.
Golfoh1

Nomadac
Explorer
Explorer
Had the same problem with my Equalizer System and it turned out the motor was not working requiring replacing the motor. Solenoid OK waiting for new pump to arrive.
Arnie
2003 Travel Supreme MH
38KSO1 Cummins ISC 350HP
2004 Honda Pilot w/SMI Air Force One Brake Sys.
1963 Pontiac Grand Prix 20' Enclosed Car Trailer

Goldencrazy
Explorer
Explorer
My power gear jacks would not deploy and it turned out to be a bad solenoid.

Goldencrazy
Explorer
Explorer
My power gear jacks would not deploy and it turned out to be a bad solenoid.

michelb
Explorer
Explorer
I recently had a problem with the jacks on our 03 Phaeton not going up. Turns out that they will not go up if the generator is running. No idea why. I turned off the generator and they retracted as expected.

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
What brand jacks? Find out...then most likely they have a website with "troubleshooting". PowerGear has a good one.

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
I once had a situation where my jacks would not retract (go back up). All indicators were fine, just like yours. After a few fine gents at the campground came to my aid, one of them finally found a loose wire. Had to lay on the ground and look up under the engine to see it. I then remembered that I had recently driven on a bumpy road, so that must have been what did it. My motorhome at the time was a 1997 Fleetwood Flair.

Not sayin' this is your problem, but it wouldn't hurt to look.
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

chattyhands
Explorer
Explorer
Trans is in Park, e-brake on, can't hear pump motor running. The light on the panel indicated that the jacks are "on". That's the only indicator I have.

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is the trans in park, e-brake on, engine running, can you hear the pump motor running??
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
Is the key in the correct position?
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

down_home
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is the trans in park?

chattyhands
Explorer
Explorer
Where can I find my post for answers? Sorry, I'm new to this site. Thanks in advance for your assistance.