cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

In Motion Domed Sat. Ant.

kokopelli40
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone using domed in motion satellite antenna? Would like to know how you would rate?
Thanks for the time
KoKoPelli40
2016 Tiffin Phaeton 40 QBH
2016 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited Hardrock

Cairn Terrier (Rollie)
1958 Chevrolet Impala convertible for Sundays
Good Sam (Lifetime)
FMCA
13 REPLIES 13

Snomas
Explorer
Explorer
we had a KVH 2002 and it quit last Jan. Now I have installed a Winegard Trav'ler and love it. It works perfect with my 2 new HD Flat Screen TV's I recently installed.
2006 WINNEBAGO ASPECT 29H Ford E450 Super Duty
2018 F150 Lariat Crew Cab, Coyote 5.0 L RWD

cpoo
Explorer
Explorer
Friend had dome and I had traveler. We were both 190 miles from home-approximate air miles. I got all my locals, he got none. I got HD, he did not. At a second campground where we were too far for any locals and had some tree cover, I was able to get signal in the 70's and he got virtually none so the larger parabolic dish makes a difference. The one touch traveler is great.
Bob

kokopelli40
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for response> I wil go with Traveler.
My postss some times go twice because my ipad says it didnt go so I duplicate on real computer. Sorry for confusion.
KoKoPelli40
2016 Tiffin Phaeton 40 QBH
2016 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited Hardrock

Cairn Terrier (Rollie)
1958 Chevrolet Impala convertible for Sundays
Good Sam (Lifetime)
FMCA

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Effy, We use our S&B HR44 in the rig which has 5 channel recording. We avoid watching in real time and have recorded shows for those times when the sat is blocked by trees. It does require a full array SWM dish and our RF Mogul locks on every time.

I have a small portable dish but haven't yet gotten a HD portable.

Great advice from your son. :C
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have the same situation as Effy. Going down the road line of sight is blocked a lot by trees, hills, overpasses and such. Most camp sites it's blocked also. Glad the last owner paid for it. I use my carry out more than the roof antenna. From what I know now I don't recommend them with consideration to the geographical location I camp most (mid Atlantic). Now if your out in the mid west or great plains go for it. Should work great.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
I have a winegaurd in motion with direct TV and hate it. Here on the East coast there is a lot of tree cover not only at CG's but on the road in general. Overpasses, trees etc all inhibit it's operation. ABout 90% of the places we camp have trees. I would say I've gotten it to work about 20% of the time I've owned it and tried. Within the past 6 mos I can't even get it to lock on to receive shows at all. I am told there is no adjustment to it and if I have line of sight I should get a signal. If I park in the same trajectory as my house which gets a signal the MH does not. No idea what's up with it but I will never buy a roof mounted receiver again. With streaming, cable and over air options, a roof Sat receiver is an expensive option to get sketchy reception. There are better alternatives to spend your money. Funny, I got it for the DW and son. My 11 yr. old son gave me a reality check when he told me "Dad we don't need TV, we're camping."
2013 ACE 29.2

Ramair
Explorer
Explorer
We have a King Dome in motion sat and love it. We have used the in motion part a few times when the grandkids are with us so they can watch their shows and it has worked great. Did have a standard sat King Dome system and reception was bad and King Dome replaced it to a in motion at no extra cost. I just had to pay for installation. Great deal on my part... Would highly recommend the in motion one.
Andrew & Donna Reyes
2012 Georgetown 378 XL

dan-nickie
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Kingdome and Dish Network.
We don't actually watch it going down the road, but set it to tape shows, football games and Nascar races while we are driving.
Works good for us.
Of course it drops out a little while going under overpasses, etc.
But it is nice not to miss the Cowboys games just because we are on the road.
Dan and Nickie
2014 Forest River Berkshire 390RB

down_home
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have out since 06. It is not high def. It works well but noisy when searching. I turn the switch off once it locates sat, when we are parked. Otherwise it tends to hunt a bit in each direction for some reason. Doesn't lose the signal however.
It is worthless going down the road. There is an ignition interlock that cuts it out so you can't watch tv going down the road. Probably could in the bedroom. We haven't tried.

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
When we purchased our mh, it came with the in-motion dome. I made it a requirement for purchase that they had to remove my Trav'ler from my old mh and install it in place of the in-motion. With the Trav'ler, a simple push of a button and it will automatically rise, search, and lock on all required satellites. DISH tv, of course.

Ron
Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....

et2
Explorer
Explorer
You have two posts asking the same question. Maybe you can get these combined.

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have one you can buy cheap. No HD and most of the time where we camp there is tree interference. I have gotten so good at setting up the tripod I have no interest in replacing my non HD dome with an HD Traveler.

Before sat radio it was nice to use them for music but don't need that anymore.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
My in motion SD dome for DTV worked great. Tossed it for a full array SWM HD dish as they have little value in todays HD world.

I believe you can get a HD in motion for Dish.

Do you really need someone to watch TV while driving?
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob