cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Insurance

aboeck3
Explorer
Explorer
I need some advice on MH insurance. I just got my insurance bill and it might be time to change companies. What do any of you have? I need some input from other owners. I have a 2017 Winnebago Journey42E.
Al & Jane - RETIRED
(Nico, Smudge & Boo - Cocker Spaniels)
2017 Winnebago Journey 42E with 2013 Honda CR-V toad & 2 bicycles (just in case)
Dreams Do Come True
13 REPLIES 13

04fxsts
Explorer
Explorer
Don't pee on my toes and tell me it is raining! We have had National General since we bought our ACE in early 2015, last year it went up a bit but still reasonable for no tickets and no claims. I called them yesterday just to check on things and was told all policies were going up "a little." Sorry but over 50 percent is not "a little." I also will be looking to change companies. Jim.

LVJ58
Explorer
Explorer
You may want to check out Foremost Insurance Co. With our first and current coach we've been insured with them now for 22 years. We've experienced excellent ho hassle claim service with Foremost and no premium increases.

Here's a link to their site if interested:

http://www.foremost.com/

Good luck with your choice of an insurer and safe travels....:)
Jim & Sherry Seward
Las Vegas, NV
2000 Residency 3790 V-10 w/tags & Banks System
2003 Suzuki XL/7 toad

Livies_Dad
Explorer
Explorer
M.H with Progressive. Best rate I could find after checking with others. After 20+ years with Nationwide I just switched 2 personal
vehicles to Progressive. Nationwide kept raising premium. No tickets and no claims except some hail damage 12 years ago. Saved 420.00 a yr switching. House gets changed from Nationwide when comes due in Jume.

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
aboeck3 wrote:
I need some advice on MH insurance. I just got my insurance bill and it might be time to change companies. What do any of you have? I need some input from other owners. I have a 2017 Winnebago Journey42E.

Doesn't seem to matter which company as it does with switching providers every few years and with the norm, catering to new customers, rather than their loyal long term suscribers.
Last time around, we went with ALLSTATE, so we shall see. Already had everything else with them and with our homeowners, these rules don't necessarily apply with changing companies all the time.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

1968mooney
Explorer
Explorer
ksg5000 wrote:
Like any insurance - you have to get quotes from many vendors. Your likely going to get best rate by bundling your policy with home etc. I use State Farm which is excellent when responding to auto/rv repair - not so good when responding to recent house flooding.

Were you covered for Flood under the Flood Insurance program?

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Like any insurance - you have to get quotes from many vendors. Your likely going to get best rate by bundling your policy with home etc. I use State Farm which is excellent when responding to auto/rv repair - not so good when responding to recent house flooding.
Kevin

discovery4us
Explorer
Explorer
Farmers. I am married to the agent so not much choice.

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
If they insure in your State, Auto-Owners Insurance is fantastic. With their RV discount, the price for my full coverage, including personal items, is hundreds of dollars less than any other insurer. My Insurance rating is X863. This is NOT your credit rating. It has to do with a combination of your driving record, claims history, and credit rating. If you wonder why your insurance rates are so high, ask what your insurance rating number is.

10forty2
Explorer
Explorer
Everything I have is with Nationwide, house, vehicles and RV, and every claim I've had in the past 35 years has been handled with utmost ease. Does it cost a little more than the online insurers? Probably, but when I call with a question or a problem, I have a licensed agent that happens to be a local friend as well.
1999 Holiday Rambler Endeavor, 36' Gasser
Triton V10, Ford F53 Chassis
-----------------------------------------

Solo
Explorer
Explorer
Ralph Cramden wrote:
aboeck3 wrote:
What do any of you have?

Knowing that is not going to do you much good unless the person giving you the info has the same rig, lives in the same geographical area, has the same driving record and credit record, and is the same age plus about a thousand other things. Anything is just a generalization. That being said I like Progressive.

No doubt. With that said, we may have something reasonably close to compare-Midwest, "retired age", similar coach, good driving record, good credit score. We find that having our RV insurance bundled with our other properties makes for a very reasonable premium. Even though we have high liability limits and replacement value on our coach, our premiums with Farmer's Union have been excellent in my opinion.

My suggestion, take the time to shop around.
Solo
2011 Itasca Ellipse 42QD, 450 HP ISL Cummins
2012 Jeep JKU with SMI DUO Braking System

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
aboeck3 wrote:
What do any of you have?

Knowing that is not going to do you much good unless the person giving you the info has the same rig, lives in the same geographical area, has the same driving record and credit record, and is the same age plus about a thousand other things. Anything is just a generalization. That being said I like Progressive.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

cooper841
Explorer
Explorer
Geico.They have been great for me.
Dana Cooper
Chipper(Lab)
2007 Fleetwood Fiesta LX
2003 Harley Fatboy mighty hauler lift
2010 Kia Soul

Chad_Heiser
Explorer
Explorer
Check out Miller Insurance. They specialize in RV insurance. I know many people (including myself) who have used them and been very happy with the insurance and service provided. They are a broker and will give you the best coverage for your specific needs.

http://www.millerrvinsurance.com/contact/