cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motor home insurance

GHOST1750
Explorer
Explorer
Who is your RV insurance carrier. I have been with Good Sam since 2001 and this year my premiums jumped from 788.00 to 938.00for 6 months. I called God Sam and they quoted $636.75 per yr. with Progressive and $498.82 with Allied per year. Sounds fishy to me.:)

Does anyone have State Farm on their RV?
Just Don and a Chiuahua called Dulce
2003 39' Tradewinds LE
2002 Cavalier tow
Korean Veteran, USAF
FMCA F357981
CC4C
GOOD SAM

Life is a journey, not a destination !
26 REPLIES 26

hottubkid
Explorer
Explorer
We just switched to Foremost and saved about $300.00 a year
hottubkid60193@yahoo.com
2004 SOUTHWIND 36E Tow 2003 CRV

LVJ58
Explorer
Explorer
We've been insured with Foremost Ins. Co. now for 20 years. Over those years we've filed several claims totaling over $10,000 including our 1st and current coach.

We always received prompt no hassle claim service and just had our first premium increase this year of $95.00 on our $250.00 deductible, full coverage policy.

Our Current annual premium is $922.00 which I consider reasonable for the coverage we have, and the excellent claim service we've received over the years.

Based on our experience, I would highly recommend Foremost Insurance Company.

Good luck with your choice and safe travels...:)
Jim & Sherry Seward
Las Vegas, NV
2000 Residency 3790 V-10 w/tags & Banks System
2003 Suzuki XL/7 toad

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
Don't skimp on coverage when you do get it. You may need to file a claim and end up in severe shortage.
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992

GHOST1750
Explorer
Explorer
Fishinghat wrote:
We have State Farm, which is the second highest rated national company. That's worth something to me. The highest rated is USAA, but they act as general agents for a another company since they don't write policies on RVs themselves.

Read up on auto insurance in a recent issue of Consumer's Reports. You may or may not think the information is unbiased, but that's your choice.

I now have 10 vehicles(7 business cars) plus my house with State Farm and have always been happy with them. Even though it's more expensive I'll probably go that route.
Just Don and a Chiuahua called Dulce
2003 39' Tradewinds LE
2002 Cavalier tow
Korean Veteran, USAF
FMCA F357981
CC4C
GOOD SAM

Life is a journey, not a destination !

Fishinghat
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have State Farm, which is the second highest rated national company. That's worth something to me. The highest rated is USAA, but they act as general agents for a another company since they don't write policies on RVs themselves.

Read up on auto insurance in a recent issue of Consumer's Reports. You may or may not think the information is unbiased, but that's your choice.
Holiday Rambler Navigator DP, Hummer, and Honda VT1100C Shadow

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Without knowing the rig and it's age... posting a price does not help much. My liability only is $186/year. Full coverage would be over $1200 on a agreed value of $100,000.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Class A insurance is $388.00 per year for me through STATE FARM
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

willi4nd
Explorer
Explorer
We pay about $4.00 per month, around $50/year. But our TT is a 2015 Trailrunner...its not a biggun

Edit...just saw this was in the Class A forum, my apologies
New to the RV world and loving every minute of it.
2015 Nissan Frontier 4x4 6 cyl
2015 Trail Runner SLE 22

Hank_MI
Explorer
Explorer
Not really fishy. Good Sam deals with a number of companies and will shop for the best rate. Sometimes you just have to switch to get a better rate. Insurance companies will typically keep pushing your rates up until you finally switch. Next company will probably do the same after some time.

Sign up for cable/internet, price keeps going up. Threaten to leave and, Oh we can offer you a better deal. Why didn't you offer that up front? It's business, they're in business to make money. If you'll put with higher rates they'll keep pushing them up as high as they can.

It sucks but you just have to learn to play the game. I do it every year with cable/internet, lawn care (fertilizer, weed control), etc. Either learn to play the game or pay the higher rates.

Two_Hands
Explorer
Explorer
We have been very happy with Progressive.
2015 Fleetwood Excursion 33D
2016 Grand Cherokee Limited
Retired Law Enforcement
U.S. Army 1965-1973/RVN 1968-'69

I am the frequent recipient of "Get out of the way old man!"

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
You are in the wrong State for cheap insurance. Changing companies will not help you too much.
My full coverage costs $350/year in Florida.

denarmstrng
Explorer
Explorer
Just changed over from State Farm to AAA for $320.00 a year.....State Farm was $850.00 a year Progressive was at $420.00....
1998 Holiday Rambler Imperial 40 WDS
Dennis and Jelly and 2 red headed Mini-Rottweilers aka Wiener Dogs