Explorer II
Explorer II
here is the new zion

Roadtrek Zion
49 REPLIES 49

wincrasher65
Explorer
Explorer
A few of the eurovans have these swivel toilets. It's a really neat idea. But I think all of these are cassettes. Uncertain if it can be done on a traditional black tank type unit.
2016 Winnebago Travato 59K, 2017 Allegro 32SA
Follow my blog: www.wincrasher.blogspot.com
Our Facebook group is: Class B Camper Vans

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
tbirdman wrote:
gerrym51 wrote:
tbirdman wrote:
I like to see the Zion in person. Someone needs to be creative e in the bathrooms. The 59K with the flip up sink seems very innovative. Someone needs to come out with a shower with walls that slide out. You only use the room a few times a day, so someone needs to get creative. May instead of a slide out you have a bathroom slide in:-)

I think you answered your own comment'you only use the room a few times a day'.

Yes but the bathrooms now are total unusable in the current configurations today. My comment by a couple times a day was meant to indicate that having a bathroom expand to take up some aisle space only a couple times a day, would not be a huge inconvenience.

TRAKKA here has a Toilet that tucks away,notice it "hiding"

tbirdman
Explorer
Explorer
gerrym51 wrote:
tbirdman wrote:
I like to see the Zion in person. Someone needs to be creative e in the bathrooms. The 59K with the flip up sink seems very innovative. Someone needs to come out with a shower with walls that slide out. You only use the room a few times a day, so someone needs to get creative. May instead of a slide out you have a bathroom slide in:-)

Yes but the bathrooms now are total unusable in the current configurations today. My comment by a couple times a day was meant to indicate that having a bathroom expand to take up some aisle space only a couple times a day, would not be a huge inconvenience.

stan909
Explorer
Explorer
Safari made one in a Sprinter but it had a platform that stuck out into the hallway. No reports on how well that worked out.

gerrym51
Explorer II
Explorer II
tbirdman wrote:

tbirdman
Explorer
Explorer

wincrasher65
Explorer
Explorer
Well, if you are seriously considering a B, then you have to choose what us most important to you - kitchen, bath or bed. If you want, for example, a large kitchen area, then you are going to have to give a bit on either bath or bed. You simply can't have it all.

To me, one of those things is ALOT less of a compromise than what you are talking about giving up by going with a B+ or a C!

In looking at the .Zion, it looks like you are giving up bathroom space. The kitchen counter is small, but there are lots of cabinets and that large pantry. I'd like this van slit better if they did the flip down bathroom sink like Winnebago is doing in the 59k. That would give you just a bit more shower space and might make that bath not such a compromise.
2016 Winnebago Travato 59K, 2017 Allegro 32SA
Follow my blog: www.wincrasher.blogspot.com
Our Facebook group is: Class B Camper Vans

tbirdman
Explorer
Explorer
However for resale probably want to keep it suited towards two passengers as that is the dominate buyer. But if they could only make the bathroom a little bigger. I thing the 59K hits the bathroom but misses on a lot of other things. They appear to at least alleviate the space hogging fresh water tank ottoman. So far I think the Zion is much better depending on the bath.

Otherwise I may have to go to a bigger B+/C like the Pleasureway Prestige and sacrifice the stealth camping, ease of parking and the ability to keep it in my driveway.

mumkin
Explorer
Explorer
My brochure is a copy of the one handed out at the big dealer show by Roadtrek to their dealers. That is probably where Van City got theirs too. But certainly there will be changes from the prototype

tbirdman wrote:
It be nice if there was an option in these class B's for a single person traveling with a large dog. One of those rear beds could either be eliminated or made to flip up so you get more floor space. Of course then you give up storage. As a single person I don't need two beds/loungers or as much storage. I need more floor space and an a bigger bathroom.

I know exactly what you mean about there not being much on the market that appeals to the single traveler with a dog... of any size. It is pretty much Sportsmobile... and for now Great West is still flexible and will make lots of changes to their prototype as per your wishes.

The other positive for those two builders is that they will build on the smaller Promasters. The big manufacturers are all focused on the 21 ft model.
Mumkin
2021 Promaster 1500 188wb conversion
2019 Roadtrek Simplicity SRT (half Zion/half Simplicity)
2015 Roadtrek 170
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme

SkiMore
Explorer
Explorer
tbirdman wrote:
The Zion and the Travato 59K both look promising. The one unanswered question for the Zion is how big is the bathroom. It appears to be larger than normal with a curved door. Why these class B don't take an extra 4-6" of aisle space for the bathroom which would make all the difference. To bad the 59K flip up sink is not implemented in the Zion. I think the Zion with it's features is a clear winner over the 59K except for the bathroom. The 59K wasted space in my opinion with the fridge on the floor. I fully don't understand the 59K layout although it's a big improvement over the 59G.

It be nice if there was an option in these class B's for a single person traveling with a large dog. One of those rear beds could either be eliminated or made to flip up so you get more floor space. Of course then you give up storage. As a single person I don't need two beds/loungers or as much storage. I need more floor space and an a bigger bathroom.

I think some of that under bed space is wheel well.

gerrym51
Explorer II
Explorer II
tbirdman wrote:
The Zion and the Travato 59K both look promising. The one unanswered question for the Zion is how big is the bathroom. It appears to be larger than normal with a curved door. Why these class B don't take an extra 4-6" of aisle space for the bathroom which would make all the difference. To bad the 59K flip up sink is not implemented in the Zion. I think the Zion with it's features is a clear winner over the 59K except for the bathroom. The 59K wasted space in my opinion with the fridge on the floor. I fully don't understand the 59K layout although it's a big improvement over the 59G.

maybe a sportsmobile-they can build it exactly as you want

tbirdman
Explorer
Explorer

gerrym51
Explorer II
Explorer II
Davydd wrote:
Mumkin,

Don't take brochures as gospel, especially possibly preliminary ones such as Van City published. It could very well be a rushed draft copy scabbed together by someone not fully versed with the Zion. And of course, Roadtrek may not even have all the details ironed out yet though they say as of December 1st they were on the production line.

When I bought my Great West Van I pointed out over a half dozen mistakes in their brochure. So brochures are not always accurate.

That 800 amp chassis battery line indeed was a puzzler which brings me back to a hasty scabbed together effort.

I agree with Davydd,

i have found at least 3 omissions, 2 obvious errors,and 2 more 'probable' errors on it. I will not say what they are because since i am not roadtrek i can;t be 100 percent postive.

ps i queried roadtrek directly. the zion will have one 400 amp agm battery standard 12 volt. tire under van will be standard no 6 volt will be used

Davydd
Explorer
Explorer
Mumkin,

Don't take brochures as gospel, especially possibly preliminary ones such as Van City published. It could very well be a rushed draft copy scabbed together by someone not fully versed with the Zion. And of course, Roadtrek may not even have all the details ironed out yet though they say as of December 1st they were on the production line.

When I bought my Great West Van I pointed out over a half dozen mistakes in their brochure. So brochures are not always accurate.

That 800 amp chassis battery line indeed was a puzzler which brings me back to a hasty scabbed together effort.
Davydd
2021 Advanced RV 144 WB 2500 Class B
2015 Advanced RV Ocean One Class B

Neverhappy
Explorer
Explorer
avanti wrote:
mumkin wrote:
The 5cf fridge is only 12v?? (is that enough battery for this on the road?)

If the fridge is 12V only, it is almost certainly a compressor fridge. They take MUCH less power than an absorption refrigerator running at 12VDC. The industry is rapidly going in this direction--they are great.

I have a 12 v compressor fridge,it cools much faster...but will kill the battery if you leave it on permanently without recharging.
Y2K Silverado Whipple Supercharger,SuperSprings Airlifts
97 Bigfoot 15C9.5FS
77 Chevy 1 Ton C30 (I love this truck)
Chinook Concourse Y2K V10 (Europe)
Roadtrek 190 popular Chevy (USA)
Great West Vans class C 94 (only 4 made)