Explorer II
Explorer II
here is the new zion

Roadtrek Zion
49 REPLIES 49

Davydd
Explorer
Explorer
What we know so far is what Jim Hammill said in the video of around $82,000 MSRP. I would bet that he meant the base price. If anywhere accurate I would think you could use Roadtrek's build your own feature and start from there and add up all the options from one of the other models to get an estimate. Options would not be that much different from B to B.

The Pleasure-way Promaster Lexor could be loaded with options. Dealers prefer to sell on spec that way leaving little out. Usually first models in are the show off models. They aren't going to show off bare bones.
Davydd
2021 Advanced RV 144 WB 2500 Class B
2015 Advanced RV Ocean One Class B

bobojay5
Explorer
Explorer
Sukiesmom wrote:
Saw this at the 2014 Pomona RV Show. Very impressive. My favorite floor plan of all the RVs built on the ProMaster chasis thus far.
http://www.thefitrv.com/rv-reviews/first-look-at-the-new-dynamax-rev-24rb/

Yep, this should be over in the class C forum
Bob & Sharon
Eastern Kansas
2013 Winnebago ERA 70A
Class B Van

bobojay5
Explorer
Explorer
Van City in St Louis is taking deposits on the Zions they have coming in, but it's listed as "call for price".

They do have a PW Promaster Lexor in stock at an MSRP of $100,787.00
Bob & Sharon
Eastern Kansas
2013 Winnebago ERA 70A
Class B Van

mumkin
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think Roadtrek even knows the price yet. They just presented the prototype at the show and you can hear what they said as to price (low 80s) in the video.

I called Roadtrek and asked the questions that we had on the battery and they said that nothing is yet settled as to how many, what kind or where as yet... and/or what is standard and what are the options.

(Oh... that Dynamax is a Class C, not a B anyway... so you might want to start a thread over there to discuss it)
Mumkin
2021 Promaster 1500 188wb conversion
2019 Roadtrek Simplicity SRT (half Zion/half Simplicity)
2015 Roadtrek 170
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme

Terrenski
Explorer
Explorer
What is the quoted price for a Zion? Never saw it anywhere.

Davydd
Explorer
Explorer
This is suppose to be a Roadtrek Promaster Zion discussion. ๐Ÿ™‚
Davydd
2021 Advanced RV 144 WB 2500 Class B
2015 Advanced RV Ocean One Class B

Ductape_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
I am also interested in the Dynamax rev 24TB, like the floor plan. Hope the front seats swivel around like the Winnebago Trend. My main concern is how the handling will be with front wheel drive and single rear wheels? Hopefully by Spring there will be some feedback with these units and the Winnebago Trend.
2016 Coachmen Clipper 17BH
2016 Toyota 4Runner SR5

bobojay5
Explorer
Explorer
We like the TB floorplan in this unit. Not available yet though...
Bob & Sharon
Eastern Kansas
2013 Winnebago ERA 70A
Class B Van

Gene_in_NE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sukiesmom wrote:
Saw this at the 2014 Pomona RV Show. Very impressive. My favorite floor plan of all the RVs built on the ProMaster chasis thus far. http://www.thefitrv.com/rv-reviews/first-look-at-the-new-dynamax-rev-24rb/
Changed URL to a Clicky.๐Ÿ™‚
2002 Trail-Lite Model 211-S w/5.7 Chevy (click View Profile)
Gene

Sukiesmom
Explorer
Explorer
Saw this at the 2014 Pomona RV Show. Very impressive. My favorite floor plan of all the RVs built on the ProMaster chasis thus far.
http://www.thefitrv.com/rv-reviews/first-look-at-the-new-dynamax-rev-24rb/

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
mlts22 wrote:
European rigs have toilets that can slide in/out, as well as swivel.

As for cassette toilets... they have their good and bad points. really think they are a lot more suited for a more active crowd, since it does take more back work slinging 5 gallons (19.3 liters) of black water out of the compartment, dragging it to the dump place and back again... more effort than pulling out a slinky or a macerator pump, attaching that and opening the valves.

I have thought of a cassette toilet with a custom build, but with the way US CGs are designed, since I'm using the stinky slinky (or macerator pump) for the gray water, I might as use it for the black as well.

There are two main advantages of cassette toilets. One is that winterizing the toilet is easier. The other is that if one is going for a long boondocking trip, multiple cassettes can be packed.

Not exactly the active crowd who have them here. You do not have to physically carry them, that would do your back in ! ๐Ÿ™‚ You actually WHEEL the cartridge to the dump site

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
European rigs have toilets that can slide in/out, as well as swivel.

As for cassette toilets... they have their good and bad points. I really think they are a lot more suited for a more active crowd, since it does take more back work slinging 5 gallons (19.3 liters) of black water out of the compartment, dragging it to the dump place and back again... more effort than pulling out a slinky or a macerator pump, attaching that and opening the valves.

I have thought of a cassette toilet with a custom build, but with the way US CGs are designed, since I'm using the stinky slinky (or macerator pump) for the gray water, I might as use it for the black as well.

There are two main advantages of cassette toilets. One is that winterizing the toilet is easier. The other is that if one is going for a long boondocking trip, multiple cassettes can be packed.

gerrym51
Explorer II
Explorer II
RobertRyan wrote:
wincrasher65 wrote:
A few of the eurovans have these swivel toilets. It's a really neat idea. But I think all of these are cassettes. Uncertain if it can be done on a traditional black tank type unit.

Good question, you still would have access to an outlet, but the basin would swivel . Holding tanks are not very popular here. After experiencing holding tanks on Tourist Coaches, I can see why

until it's emptied a cassette is a holding tank. and yes i am familiar with cassettes. Northstar truck campers use them

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
wincrasher65 wrote:
A few of the eurovans have these swivel toilets. It's a really neat idea. But I think all of these are cassettes. Uncertain if it can be done on a traditional black tank type unit.

Good question, you still would have access to an outlet, but the basin would swivel . Holding tanks are not very popular here. After experiencing holding tanks on Tourist Coaches, I can see why