cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New tires for Pleasureway

bobsrv
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like I need to get new tires for my 2010 Pleasureway on a Chevy chassis. Any recommendations regarding what kind I should get? Right now there are Bridgestone on it.
14 REPLIES 14

bobsrv
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone. I ended up getting the Michelins.

Davydd
Explorer
Explorer
We had the 2005 Plateau. They were Michelin LTX but not the MS/2 designation. We traded it in at 61,000 miles after 5 years and the tread was still good. Sprinters were coming with Michelin tires back then.
Davydd
2021 Advanced RV 144 WB 2500 Class B
2015 Advanced RV Ocean One Class B

ffjeff
Explorer
Explorer
The earlier LTX version came on the 2005 Plateau. We replaced all 5 of them due to age last year, the tires looked fine to me, lots of tread left.
I also have them on a Chevy Duramax PU as well. Living in the American River Canyon, always turning, not to much Hwy. time they didn't do as well, but no tire I have tired will last over 30K here. Michelin did prorate so the replacement on the truck is very inexpensive. FYI, Americas Tire in Folsom has them fairly reasonable.

ffjeff
Explorer
Explorer
The earlier LTX version came on the 2005 Plateau. We replaced all 5 of them due to age last year, the tires looked fine to me, lots of tread left.
I also have them on a Chevy Duramax PU as well. Living in the American River Canyon, always turning, not to much Hwy. time they didn't do as well, but no tire I have tired will last over 30K here. Michelin did prorate so the replacement on the truck is very inexpensive. FYI, Americas Tire in Folsom has them fairly reasonable.

Davydd
Explorer
Explorer
The Michelin LTX MS/2 tires are warranted for 70,000 miles. I put them on my last B and after 30,000 miles they still looked almost new compared to the OEM Continental tires I had to replace at 36,000 miles. I don't think I will consider anything else when it comes time again. With our new B I think I will be back on Continentals. ๐Ÿ˜ž
Davydd
2021 Advanced RV 144 WB 2500 Class B
2015 Advanced RV Ocean One Class B

ernie1
Explorer
Explorer
To those of you who have Michelin LTX MS/2 tires on their PWs, in particular but not necessarily the Ford Excel, what has been your long term/high mileage experience? Have they held up and not thrown any belts or otherwise? I'm considering purchasing them.

Fastpaddler
Explorer
Explorer
Like other I have new Michelin LTX MS 2. Have used LTX tires on the present Sprinter and two previous Class C's

Arizona_Kid
Explorer
Explorer
Goodyear Wrangler Adventure's with Kevlar sidewalls. They are made in LT load range E, and have two layers of Kevlar, and have earned the "Snowflake" symbol for severe weather. This is a new tire from Goodyear, and even though it's an AT tire it rides as smooth, or smoother than a lot of highway tires. I have a set on my Pathfinder)
My opinion, if your driving in snow, rain, or on soft roads, it's a better tire for a Class B than the Michelins, and cost slightly less.
Read a review here. Adventure Review

ffjeff
Explorer
Explorer
We have LTX MS 2 and there are very satisfactory.

bobojay5
Explorer
Explorer
Michelins, LTX MS/2. Costco, or Discount Tire store
Bob & Sharon
Eastern Kansas
2013 Winnebago ERA 70A
Class B Van

jjson775
Explorer
Explorer
Can't go wrong with Michelins. I couldn't believe the improvement in handling when I upgraded from Hankooks.

redwingfans
Explorer
Explorer
We have put Cooper Discoverer AT3 on our PW Excel. We wanted a little more traction on National Forest roads/trails. We are very happy with the highway handling and lack of added noise. They are the top rated rain tire. Consider putting the next size tire up from the stock size. Doing so will give you a little higher tire maximum weight.
Mark and Linda
2013 Pleasure Way Excel

ernie1
Explorer
Explorer
I've had numerous tire failures with Hankook tires that came as original equipment on my Ford PW. Replaced with Toyo Open Country and am not having good luck with these either. They are starting to fail after around 27,000 miles. Neither of these two companies provide customer service that will address these tire failures so I'm onto either Michlein XPS or BF Goodrich Commercial TAs (made by Michelin).

Actually I'd have to say that Hankook had the absolute worst customer service I've ever experienced from anyone period.

mkguitar
Explorer
Explorer
My 2006 PW Lexor/ Chev has the LTX MS2 Michelins- Costco. 245 75 16

weight rating: 3042@80psi lbs

these are rated for 70,000 miles ( and that's 20K more than the Goodyear Fortera or Bridgestone Dueler according to Costco website)

right now about $670 for 4 ( that's with $70 off)

I would suggest ( with any tire shop/brand) check the DOT date code- don't let them put old tires on your van- anything older than 6 months is reducing your potential use of the tire.
Tires are really only good for 6 years...if you buy a 1 year old tire...then you get 5 years out of it.

2.) unless you are using your van over the winter, wait until spring then you'll gain another few months of useable tire life.
possible that with oil prices down that tire prices may drop in the future.

if you are using your van- weather is a concern, make sure you have great tires for stopping power & control on poor/slick surfaces.

rotation is important and I rotate at about 5000 miles ( costco does for free!).

If you miss rotations and pile up some miles, do not swap side to side- swap front to rear and rear to front, that way the direction of rotation stays the same. better for the belts if they have "bedded in" to one direction to retain that direction of rotation.

have the shop take the best of your old tires and mount that on your spare- unless your current spare date code is within reason

Mike