cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Newell is a good ride right?

HOM
Explorer
Explorer
I understand that Newell is one of the top brands and I came upon this yesterday evening at RVonline.

http://www.rvonline.com/single-ad.asp?Recnumber=62797&SearchMethod=1

Its a 2000 45' for $129,000.00. Am I wrong or is that a very good price for a Newell? It says its currently set up as a handicap coach but they will change that if desired.

I've read some comments where people said they would buy a 10+ year old Newell or Prevost over a four year old coach from any other brand. Is that reasonable?

HJ
42 REPLIES 42

Bikeboy57
Explorer
Explorer
Its up and has not been down as far as I know.

Are you trying to view the site, or log in as a member? If you just asked for membership, it must be approved before you can log in. The admins do that to keep out the spammers.
Richard and Rhonda
1999 Newell
Subaru Outback toad

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
All depends on maintenance records, floor plan and price!

Skid_Row_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
potentialrvers wrote:
HOM,
If you are interested in a Newell Coach go to www.newellgurus.com and read some of the posts. Several members of the Newell Gurus group have non slide Newells. You will get better and more accurate information from that board on the Newell then you will get from this one. Good hunting

Reese
Trying to log-in @ this website all day. Must be down?

JetAonly
Explorer
Explorer
Try looking up the value of a Newell or a Prevost on NADA. Establishing the value is part of the loan process in addition to the 10 YO rule.

Every Coach/Bus has its problems; bulkhead separation, bus air, cruise air, etc. You have to do your research so as to not be blind sided with cost.

Paying cash can be lowest cost, but does not take in to account the individual value of personal choice. If cost = value then the love of your life is money. For example, fresh caught trout is a nothin', I've caught zillions. Most are farm raised and stocked. Now, if you caught it at the head waters used for the gene pool with a lure made of a safety pin and the fresh hatch, you might have something of value.

IMHO
2000 Monaco Dynasty
ISC350

Deano56
Explorer
Explorer
Mr.Mark wrote:
Hey guys, sometimes things just come across different when sitting behind a computer screen. We all like RVing whether we paid for them in cash or have payments. I'm a pay as you go kind of person but not everybody can do that, especially, when you have small ones to make memories with.

Everybody has to find their comfort zone and having payments is comfortable for some people.

We are all here to enjoy the RV lifestyle, life is short, don't let people get under your skin.

MM.
You are correct, BUT I have always be the type of person to put my 2 cents into the the bully, many people like to do that on the internet.No reason for the OP to be talked to in the way he was. Well anyways I will leave this subject alone and move on to another subject. Take care Mr. Mark

Deano56
Explorer
Explorer
billsenick wrote:
Deano, are you as impressed with ole bynelsons post as I am. Just like banging your head against the wall !!:h
No, LOL, fresh trout in AZ? Maybe?

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
Hey guys, sometimes things just come across different when sitting behind a computer screen. We all like RVing whether we paid for them in cash or have payments. I'm a pay as you go kind of person but not everybody can do that, especially, when you have small ones to make memories with.

Everybody has to find their comfort zone and having payments is comfortable for some people.

We are all here to enjoy the RV lifestyle, life is short, don't let people get under your skin.

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

billsenick
Explorer
Explorer
Deano, are you as impressed with ole bynelsons post as I am. Just like banging your head against the wall !!:h
Bill Senick
2011 Newmar Essex 4524
2003 Newmar Kountry Star 3740

1BryNelson
Explorer
Explorer
Well I'm sitting in middle of AZ's National Forest in a paid for Moho with mostly no bills; though I'm lucky to have a cell phone connection today. As winter comes on I'll move south to warmer climates. Had fresh caught trout for lunch.
Bry Nelson and a yet to be discovered MoHo momma. '99 Pace Arrow Vision 37ft F53 chassis (plugs tightened) Allure flooring, 15k BTU front a/c , 6-6 volt batts with 1120 watts of solar Magnum inverter Remote BMK Trace C40 2005 Ford Ranger "Toad on a pad".

Deano56
Explorer
Explorer
1BryNelson wrote:
Financing a coach at this point in life, really. Sad times and poor management.
I dont think I will jump off a cliff, LOL,you sound like you have a hat full of self made ego that likes to puff yourself up by talking down to others.Yea I don't like it. You are poor and don't realize it

Deano56
Explorer
Explorer
wow, some people, not OP

HOM
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Reese, but I think Newell is a bit too expensive for me and I like the idea of a newer coach like a 2006 - 2010 Eagle and/or Essex.

potentialrvers
Explorer
Explorer
HOM,
If you are interested in a Newell Coach go to www.newellgurus.com and read some of the posts. Several members of the Newell Gurus group have non slide Newells. You will get better and more accurate information from that board on the Newell then you will get from this one. Good hunting

Reese

1BryNelson
Explorer
Explorer
Yes this is how I talk. If you don't like it you can go jump off a cliff or whatever. And I am not poor financially or emotionally. I live life and love it. What about you?
Bry Nelson and a yet to be discovered MoHo momma. '99 Pace Arrow Vision 37ft F53 chassis (plugs tightened) Allure flooring, 15k BTU front a/c , 6-6 volt batts with 1120 watts of solar Magnum inverter Remote BMK Trace C40 2005 Ford Ranger "Toad on a pad".