cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Non-responsive manufacturers

stubblejumper
Explorer
Explorer
First of all does anybody know or have an approximation of how many members we have on this forum?

Why I ask is that I am getting sick and tired of manufacturers (coach and accessories) that crow about their websites and online service and then fail to respond when you contact them I:E HWH.

What I would like to do is contact these web sites and remind them that we have XXXXXX number of owners who see these "non responders" noted on this site.

If they are not going to respond then they should shut down their web site.

I have two advantages to do this
1) They P.M.O.
2) I am retired and have enough spare time to become an annoyance to them.

Wayne
1999 Winnebego Chieftain
Wayne & Leila and Teddi (the Kid in the brown fuzzy pyjamas)

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
15 REPLIES 15

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think at least an area where established users can vote on RV manufacturers and review them would be good. That way it's not a war party of sorts, but if a manufacturer is poor with service, it will reflect in reviews.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

B_s_Bunch
Explorer
Explorer
Executive wrote:
If you want your response in English, press one. Spanish, press four, etc. etc. etc...:B:B:B....Dennis
funny but so true dennis. I have had good response with HWH when I needed them. However the last time I had contact with them over a year now, it took a couple days to respond. Cut backs was the reason. Larry
Larry,Brenda,Travis,Jarred & MEME the Boston Terror:E TheBunch 2011 American Coach Revolution 42T:C The Double Wide

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you want your response in English, press one. Spanish, press four, etc. etc. etc...:B:B:B....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

wallynm
Explorer
Explorer
Do not know how true this is but some one said "We have currently over 1.2 million members. "

Given you post terminology but you problem could be your attitude.

stubblejumper wrote:
First of all does anybody know or have an approximation of how many members we have on this forum?

Why I ask is that I am getting sick and tired of manufacturers (coach and accessories) that crow about their websites and online service and then fail to respond when you contact them I:E HWH.

What I would like to do is contact these web sites and remind them that we have XXXXXX number of owners who see these "non responders" noted on this site.

If they are not going to respond then they should shut down their web site.

I have two advantages to do this
1) They P.M.O.
2) I am retired and have enough spare time to become an annoyance to them.

Wayne
Have a Diesel Engine Diesel RV Club

Have a Freightliner FCOC Web Page

Living on the memories now
EX 02 DSDP 3567
EX 99 Coachmen
EX 86 Georgie Boy
EX 75 Winnie
EX 72 Sightseer
EX 68 Brave

THOSE THAT DO NOT KNOW HISTORY ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
It's all a matter of money...and keeping their "dealers" happy. For instance,take POWERGEAR. Back in the early 2000s, you had a problem, call them up. A real-ive human would get on the phone and give you all the info you needed to do the fix.
Then...I understand, their "authorized dealers" complained the CUSTOMERS were doing the fixin' and not them....costing them alot of (projected) income and our $100/hour. So now, as far as I know...all we have is accessing the POWERGEAR site....which has all the info for all their products available for download.

Response? Must be the new "customer service" technique....where the customer knows more than the clerk does (in a store)...or simply ignore any e-mail requests until it suites THEM to respond. If at all.

John_S_
Explorer II
Explorer II
HWH ill call you back if you leave a message. I found them to be very responsive.
John
2015 Born Free Royal Splendor on a Ford 550
2018 Rubicon
Boo Boo a Mi Kie
42' 36' & 34 Foretravels sold
2007 Born free 24 sold
2001 Wrangler sold
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland sold
Susie Dolly, Lolly &Doodle (CKC) now in our hearts and thoughts

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
Easy way to work yourself into a heart attack or stroke!
โ€œAll journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.โ€

stubblejumper
Explorer
Explorer
Easy to say ignore them when you have access to a large number of RV dealers, service centers and can pick and choose. Not so simple when you are 100's of miles from service centers, ONLY HWH dealer is 300 miles away and does not have time to spend on phone, and HWH 800 # only works in US, so often must rely on what ever info one can get, and do diagnostics and servicing yourself. No mobile techs or servicemen in this part of the country. Almost every manufacturer states on their site, call or email for assistance. A lot on this site complain about crappy service at dealers, service places etc.. who do you complain to when you have no choice but to do it yourself relying on info from manufacturers.
Thank god for people like Doug Gainer.
1999 Winnebego Chieftain
Wayne & Leila and Teddi (the Kid in the brown fuzzy pyjamas)

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
I've had a problem with way too much slop in the Roadmaster Baseplate and horns since new. Called Roadmaster a couple times right after we first used it and then later. Now three years down the road and we were told by CW that they would call the mfg next day. Nothing. Tried to day it was normal wear. The mirror closet door will jump out of its
track from the impacts on many stops.
I've hoped to see Roadmaster at a Rally but they don't attend but one or two.
CW said it was normal wear. Replace baseplate and horns in three years 10,000 miles???

randallb
Explorer
Explorer
T/B,
How does this relate to after the purchase support?
Randy

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
This week I tried to order a awning from CW, I gave them the spec, and they said they would get back with the price.

I waited two days. no call

I called them back, they said they could not match the fabric on the other awnings and I would have to use an off the shelf awning, and the price will be _____. That price was with a 3 year extended warrantee and no arms.

I called Newmar, they said sure we can get that awning in the fabric to match, plus arms and metal cover, the price is. _____. which was cheaper than CW

I ordered it.

today CW called and wanted to know if we would like to place the order, I told them no, and told them why.

shop with your bucks. and let the losers know why they are losers.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

randallb
Explorer
Explorer
With staff cut backs there is very little and there will be less direct contact customer service. With the slow down most manufacturers are going back to the "letter of the law" as far as their dealer agreements are concerned. Enough RV dealers and RV accessory dealers have complained to the manufacturers of the RVs and associated products about said manufacturers not abiding by the "dealer agreement". Which has a direct impact on the dealer's bottom line. Since this agreement is a signed contract you will get, "Contact your local dealer/accessory retailer" more often from every one instead of direct support. Deal with it or you will have no support network to install or warranty your products. There is no advantage (profit) to being a product "dealer" if the manufacturer is providing direct support to the end user.
Randy

Sully2
Explorer
Explorer
I dont know...and dont care what your ***** with HWH is but Ive needed to contact them 2 times in the last 13 years...and they answered the phone and the second time stayed ON the line while their tech and I worked out a problem.

Count me out of your war party
presently.....Coachless!...
2002 Jeep Liberty
2016 Ford Escape

Vulcaneer
Explorer
Explorer
You really think they care?
'12 F350 SB, CC, SRW, 6.7 PSD, 3.55 RAR, 6 spd auto
2015 DRV 38RSS 'Traditions'
Pullrite Super Glide 18K

Retirement = It's all poops and giggles....UNTIL someone Giggles and Poops.