cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOW is the BEST TIME TO RV.

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
If you can schedule a trip NOW - IMHO this is the best time to RV - ............ weather is GREAT Most if noT all Locations are not crowded. The sky is as Blue as it gets and the air is clear -- If you can GET OUT SIDE NOW. For the next few months it's as GooD as it Gets.

Am I alone in this feeling?

jmho,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach
24 REPLIES 24

bigdog2
Explorer
Explorer
This redneck left Arkansas a week ago ( without my squirrel gun ) 😉
We are in Deming ,NM and leaving tomorrow morning for our 2nd home in the Baja, fishing, beach walking, desert trail rides, fishing, beer drinking till next April. I can barely stand it.!!
LOW net worth.........HIGH quality of life
Dudley is at the rainbow bridge
Sonney,old ,retired Roadway driver.
Donna, too young to retire, she quit.

2006 GBM Pursuit 3500 DS
2014 ram toad- toad's toad VW powered buggy

holstein13
Explorer
Explorer
I wholeheartedly agree. I'm camped in South Florida and the campground is sparsely occupied. I love it. Normally, I'd get down here in November, but I had a rendezvous at the beginning of October.
2015 Newmar King Aire 4599
2012 Ford F150 Supercrew Cab
-------------------------------------------------------------
`

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
No, I love going to Yellowstone N.P. in mid October! See more animals, all the fall colors and it is not crowded.

All_I_could_aff
Explorer
Explorer
I just love me a crisp cool morning with a pot of coffee perking on the fire, while everyone else is still asleep. A light sweatshirt, my newspaper, and my "big guy" mug!
1999 R-Vision Trail Light B17 hybrid
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
2002 Xterra rollin’ on 33’s
1993 Chevy Z24 Convertible
Lives in garage 71,000 miles

xctraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Dang, I had hoped nobody had noticed. We roll out on Sunday 10/11. Won't cycle back to the east coast until July!

"a bad day RVing is better then a good day _______ "(fill in the blank yourself)
Paul
2012 Phaeton 36QSH on Freightliner Chassis with a Cummins 380 pushing it. 2011 Cherry Red Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with US Gear Unified Tow Brake System. Check out my blog
FMCA 352081 SKP# 99526

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
bullydogs1 wrote:
We ourselves are heading out shortly down south for a few weeks...Yes Mr Mark, you know where we are headed...and by the way for the record, in April 2016 too....

CHECK! (noting on my travel card)

We plan to see you in April! 😄

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
duplicate.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
And had to walk 1/4 mile or more to pick them up.

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

tjfogelberg
Explorer
Explorer
Yes and No. Temps will be in the upper 40s (High) Near Lake Superior - too cool for me. I was in Austin Texas last October and the heat and humidity nearly killed us (couldn't turn on AC due to being parked in a friend's driveway). With hookups can manage the heat/cold and yes it would be a good time to travel. Not so much for boondockers unless you hit the perfect weather.

Minnesota

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
The ones that don't have guns all carry banjos or harmonicas. And remember, that lots survived as kids on rabbits or squirrels shot with open sight 22s.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Everyone stay home! We are pulling out Monday.
tennessee and Mississippi are hot, wet, windy and subject to major flooding at any time. Also we have tornados and drunk redneck hillbillies all over the place. Most folks are carrying in their back pockets. Some even have guns.

bullydogs1
Explorer
Explorer
We ourselves are heading out shortly down south for a few weeks...Yes Mr Mark, you know where we are headed...and by the way for the record, in April 2016 too....
Stuart and Stella Denning
2016 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ
The 3 Bulldogs (Daisy, Sylvie and Stashie)
2018 Equinox Diesel (TOAD)

cyntdon2010
Explorer
Explorer
If you have a pulse, its a great day to RV.

otherwise skip it
2010 lacrosse T.T 318 bhs 34 ft,blue ox-tow bar,2005 FORD F-150 larait super crew,Firestone ready rite-air bags lift kit

turbojimmy
Explorer
Explorer
Rolling to the Promised Land tomorrow. Eastern PA, should be nice foliage. Now is the time to go. Cold weather keeps out the riff raff 🙂
1984 Allegro M-31 (Dead Metal)