cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Online RV sales sounds to good?

bsiemens
Explorer
Explorer
Wife and I are looking everywhere for a class A in our $40,000 budget. We ran across this site, http://www.rvclassified.com/ thought that many of the prices were just to good. Has anyone had any dealings here? I can't understand many of the prices and thus am afraid to make contact for fear of a scam.
11 REPLIES 11

GTN_and_Catz
Explorer
Explorer
From the FWIW Dept:
Sounds like this is a first time purchase for the OP. If so, wandering around in the gloom and doom and muck of the internet looking for a used Class A is a******shoot ... at best.

I'd suggest picking one or two high volume, recommended resellers where you can go, look, see, ask and make a comfortable, well-informed decision based on more than just price.
Gene
2003 36' Rexhall RexAir
2009 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Demco Kar Kaddy SS
Blue Ox Aventa II
2 Ragdolls
1 Tabby

hanko
Explorer
Explorer
bsinmich wrote:
Without any specifics we can't answer. I think that might be the place that keeps sold vehicles on forever but I am not sure about that.

who's we? several other people answered his question just fine.
2014 Tiffin Open Road 36LA,Banks Power pack,sumo springs, 5 star tune, magnum invertor

2013 Ford Focus Toad

Haigh Superstar

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wrong Lane wrote:
Your suspicions are well grounded.

The so called seller in NJ copied the pictures from the RVT site. No-one in their right mind would sell that rig for $58,000

Based on that listing alone I would exercise extreme caution.

We ran into this on Craigs List when looking for the Sahara. Contacted the seller suspecting that they had left a zero off the price, and got "the story". In the Army, deploying on 2 weeks, needs to sell, pay through PayPal only, will deliver, etc etc. Stay away.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Wrong_Lane
Explorer
Explorer
Your suspicions are well grounded.

I think there may be fraudulent ads on the site. The very first listing is from a seller in New Jersey for a 2010 holiday rambler scepter 42kfq listed for the ridiculous low price of $58,000.00

A little research found the exact same rig for sale by an owner in Texas:
www.rvt.com/Holiday-Rambler-Scepter-42-KFQ-2010-Benbrook-TX-ID6095980-UX134118

The so called seller in NJ copied the pictures from the RVT site. No-one in their right mind would sell that rig for $58,000

Based on that listing alone I would exercise extreme caution.
2006 Damon Challenger 348F Ford V10
2013 Ford Taurus SEL AWD
Blue Ox Aventa & Brake Buddy

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
The site appears as a listing service no different the RVTrader or RVT.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
We bought our rig online. The seller was a LOT more honest than some of the dealerships we've been in. We know what we're doing....but some dealerships seem to think we're all patsies.
My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats
On the road FULL-TIME.......see ya there, my friend

Colo_Native
Explorer
Explorer
Sent you a PM
2015 Winnebago Forza 34T
pushed by a 2011 Fusion Hybrid or 2020 Escape Hybrid
Retired DFD

KarenS144
Explorer
Explorer
We've sold 2 units on RVTrader and bought one off of Craigslist.

PPLmotorhomes.com is a great site for gathering info.
Karen
Paoli, IN

Traveling in a 2011 Ventana 3433
with 1 Hubby and 2 Boxers!

Peralko
Explorer
Explorer
My impression was some of the ads were pretty old. You can also try RVOnline.com, RVT.com, and RV Trader to mention a few internet sites. Nothing wrong buying something off the internet, but like with anything, it's buyer beware--put you eyeballs on what interests you, and have it checked out.
Peralko
USAF Retired
2000 Prevost Marathon H3-45
2006 Nissan Maxima

jwmII
Explorer
Explorer
I used this site several years ago to purchase a motor home from a private party. Went quite well. The main rule is not to send any money until you go and inspect. Have several units lined up to look at in case one of them you are going to checkout is sold. That is the problem with not sending any money, but in any case it's safer.
jwmII

bsinmich
Explorer
Explorer
Without any specifics we can't answer. I think that might be the place that keeps sold vehicles on forever but I am not sure about that.
1999 Damon Challenger 310 Ford