cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Phoenix Cruiser or Nexus?

Richard_and_BJ
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Phoenix Cruiser 3100, and we are looking to change for another floor plan. Right now we are looking online at the PC 2910T and the Nexus Viper 29. Has anyone owned both a PC and Nexus and traded one for the other? If so, what are your feelings about the two? We have no complaints about the PC, it is just that we don't really like a plan with twin beds and we think we would like the openness of two slides up front. Your comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Richard
9 REPLIES 9

bobojay5
Explorer
Explorer
Recently saw my first Phoenix in person and was WOWed by the wood cabinetry, the new hickory, and the quality of the work itself.

A friend has a new Nexus 23P, and in comparison, it definitely didn't WOW. Not to say it was bad at all, just no zing if you will
Bob & Sharon
Eastern Kansas
2013 Winnebago ERA 70A
Class B Van

Richard_and_BJ
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for your input. We had a chance to look at a Nexus Viper 29 today, and neither one of us got excited about it. I don't mean that as a negative remark, it is just that compared to our current PC, it didn't quite meet the "Wow Factor" test. There are things about the PC that we really like. For example, the windows PC uses are great. It is nice to be able to keep them open when it is raining. Also, the cabinets and wall treatments are more to our liking.
Sometimes one just has to look around to see what else is there just in case the grass IS greener on the other side of that fence.

Richard and BJ

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have you considered a Lazy Daze Class C?

You might want to add it into the mix while you're looking. ๐Ÿ™‚
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

bfast54
Explorer
Explorer
I was at the Nexus Factory just about 2 weeks ago and at the Phoenix Factory last year ----and quite frankly I think they're pretty close to the same as far as build .

The thing I saw... now the Nexus is all steel framing- ok all steel framing that is going to be heavier but its solid as a rock .

but by the time you get all your options , things like that -you're going to be up at the price from the Phoenix .
so I really think they are pretty even to be perfectly honest.

Having toured both Factory and talking to the designers the engineering staff.

I would personally say at this point if I was doing it I would go with the floor plan and general layout that suited me best..

There is my free two cents worth--- for what it's worth.
2000 Ford SuperDuty F-350 Powerstroke,Dually.C.C.,.The Tow Monster
2005 Open Road 357RLDS
Prodigy Brake Controller:B
Honda EU3000is Generator
Raytek ,,Garmin 7735/GPS
Doran Mfg-RV360-TPMS
B&W/Companion

Rally's attended so far-21

My Blog
Good Sam Member

gradygal
Explorer
Explorer
Richard,
Stick with Phoenix Cruiser. You know the product; the customer service can't be beat.The factory will work with you to customize your coach (within reason if they can).

I have checked out Nexus at the Tampa RV Show. I truly feel that the fit and finish on the PC is better.

I am Phoenix Cruiser's #2 fan--right behind Ron Dittmer!

Judi

Explorer1016
Explorer
Explorer
I do not own either of these Rv's but I want to add my 2 cents. I am not disparaging Nexus with my comments either. I was at the Nexus facility this past friday because we have been contemplating a move to an RV with a rear bedroom instead of the cab over we currently have.

Nexus offers a good value unit, but when we started adding all of the high end options our RV currently has (dual pane windows, electric base board heaters, fire place, propane/elctric cooktop, ultra leather, solid surface counter tops, tank heaters, all wood cabinets, 4 wheel drive (not offered by Nexus) the price gets right back to where the so called high end manufacturers are at.

So what I am suggesting is to look way beyond the floor plan of what you want and look at the options you currently have and/or want in your new RV and you might be surprised that the "value pricing" offered by Nexus isn't really there. With this being said, I believe they are building a quality product, and the price is value priced for the standard version of their offerings.
2008 Host 300 Super 'C'
2008 Ford F-550 Chassis
Diesel
4x4
Lariat crew cab
20' enclosed car hauler/garage
'87 Jeep rock crawler
Turbo'd

Grumpy374
Explorer
Explorer
Richard, I hope you didn't misunderstand my post. Was not trying to talk you out of the Nexus or PC. Just advising on livilability as our Lexi 283ts has the same floorplan and layout.
Grumpy

Ductape_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
I would stay with Phoenix Cruiser, I think they are one of the top quality C builders hands down. I own a Nexus and wish I had bought a PC.
2016 Coachmen Clipper 17BH
2016 Toyota 4Runner SR5

Grumpy374
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2012 Forrest River Lexington 283ts, which has the exact same floorplan as the Nexus Viper 29 that your looking at.
We have it set up for just the two of us and our two small dogs, and find that it is perfect for us. With the slides open, it really "opens up" the interior, wnd we have plenty of room without being"on top" of each other. I did replace the silly jacknife sofa with a dual recliner from Shop 4 Seats, and it is much more comfortable. We have taken several 2 week trips yearly and 4-5 long weekend trips in addition. Planning on 2-3 month long trips starting next year when wife retires. First one will be to Canada/Alaska for 4 months, and I don't forsee any problems with the Lexi or it's size. We tow a 2013 Subaru Crosstrek, and have experienced no trouble towing with the E-450 running gear.
It does lack some of the storage space that the larger class c's have, but, like anything else you adjust and make do. We bought it for a long term ownership as for us we just did not feel the need for anything larger.
Grumpy