cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pic of my residential fridge installed in my MH

tinkerer
Explorer
Explorer
I finally figured out how to post pictures on this site.
The fridge had to be mounted on top of the platform as there are heat ducts under the platform, and I was able to keep the drawer by trimming some off the side.
15 REPLIES 15

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice! I just bought that fridge for the garage at home. That twin compressor or whatever its called works great, but do you notice it gets a little noisy sometimes?
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

smlranger
Explorer
Explorer
That is a nice install. Good job.

I agree with Dutch Star Don that you need to consider some way to attach the top of the fridge to the coach. Even though you have it firmly bolted at the bottom, there are a lot of lateral forces applied to that tall fridge when you make turns.
2019 Grand Design Solitude 384GK 5th wheel. Glen Allen, VA

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
"tinkerer"....I had to install mine atop my coach heater in my Monaco, about the same height as yours, it worked perfectly at that height. Yours looks great.

A suggestion.....I went through the roof vent and attached an aluminum strap (1" wide) to th eedge of the refer vent fram to the top/side of the refer. I made a bracket (6" x 6") bent in the middle so that half was on the side of the refer and half on the top. I used 3/8" long self tapping screws to attach it to the skin of refer (won;t penetrate the case). Attached the brace to that and the vent opening. This will SUBSTANTIALLY stabilize the refer from tilting/moving.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

tinkerer
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks don2346 for the great idea. I think I will adapt it!:)

JR45
Explorer
Explorer
Good job, looks great.
Mine is the same as dons2346, Samsung 197 one of the best moves we have made plus we have the same door locks.
JR
2006 Country Coach Inspire 360 40ft Genoa Designer Series Cat C9 Samsung 197 RR
Aluminum Radiator was recently replaced with a STEEL & COPPER Bolt Together Radiator w/ updated rubber mountings
SilverLeaf VMS 330
Toad--2011 Ford Edge Sport, Air Force One
:C

VoodooMedicineM
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice job.
Bill and Joey the dog

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
Make one of these to keep your doors shut and you will be in business.

tinkerer
Explorer
Explorer
The top shelf is a bit high so we will use it for less used food, I secured it by bolting the bottom of the rear to the platform, plus the front legs have cleats in front of them so it won't slide. I hope this will work.

siggyd777
Explorer
Explorer
Great job, AAA+
Siggy
Happy Trails
Siggy & Ursula
2011 Dutch Star 4020,ISL 400,Compr.brake,FTL XCR,IFS
Allison MH3000
2015 Jeep Cherokee,4x4 Active Drive II,V6 , Brake Buddy,Roadmaster Sterling,
Camping since 1975 Pop-Up,1986 22Ft.TT,1999 Gas MH,2005 KSDP,
2011 DSDP,FMCA 368283

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
That looks like a great installation. It seems quite high, however. Maybe it's just the picture but are you going to be able to reach everything easily like things in the bottom of the freezer?
Also, did you have to built a platform underneath that juts out from the drawers under there? I can't tell what I am seeing.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Goldencrazy
Explorer
Explorer
That is fantastic. You really did a wonderful job and now have a great refrigerator that looks like an original install.

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
I still can't see anything?

TNGW1500SE
Explorer
Explorer
Looks great. How did you secure it?

tinkerer
Explorer
Explorer
trying to post a pictures. It's obvious I don't get it! I did get it!
This post could be deleted now.