cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Propane Usage on the last trip...

esquaredg
Explorer
Explorer
I simply wanted to report our propane usage on our 2008 Roadtrek 210. The gauge (idiot lights) inside said that we still had 3/4 of a tank. But I had run the frig for 12.5 days, 3 at the max and the rest at the middle. The frig was always nice and cold.

Bottom line... we used 2.7 gallons in 12.5 days. The idiot lights seem to be right. The person filling the tank said that by design the tanks will only take 80% of their capacity. If this is true, then we use 22.5%. and at a cost of around $10.

Just wanted to mention this for others.

\e
5 REPLIES 5

Fastpaddler
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, the Generator uses the most in my experience.The furnace is quite economical and the fridge and water heater, not much useage.

Chirpnchicks
Explorer
Explorer
" But I had run the frig for 12.5 days, 3 at the max and the rest at the middle. The frig was always nice and cold."

There ya go... frig uses very little propane. Heater uses more and, if you run a generator using propane like I do, the propane will disappear in a hurry.
Jay
Jay & Di
Summerfield, NC
RT RS Adventurous

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Propane running out often was one of those non-events I worried about before actually using our B. we can go a very long time between refills. Use it for fridge sometimes, stove, and generator as needed.

davehardy0101
Explorer
Explorer
On my 2003 190P I filled up on July 2 near Richmond, VA. Went to Nova Scotia, Cape Breton Island, Maine, Mass and CT. There was a heat wave and I ran the fridge almost exclusively on LP. Hooked up just a few nights on the whole trip. Hardly ever switch to DC on the fridge. Didn't need any heater or hot water, but did cook some. The LP ran out on Aug 14 just before I arrived home. Switched to DC and haven't refilled yet. I'm happy that I got 6 weeks of fridge on one fill up. About $3.00 a week. And it froze up on occasion so was working too well at times.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Tanks & cylinders are FULL at 80% capacity and gauges are set up to read FULL when tank has been filled (to 80%).

So you used 2.7 gallons........

We use a 30# cylinder (7.2 gallons) in 6 weeks but have used 7 gallons(+) per day (-14*F weather)
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31