cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real age

Kathy1959
Explorer
Explorer
My parents just bought a Navion Class B. It is a 2010. The vin number searches say it is a 2008 Dodge Sprinter Cargo Van. How can the vin # be on a 2008 Dodge Cargo Van AND they sell it as a 2010 motor home? They think they were scammed.
7 REPLIES 7

mumkin
Explorer
Explorer
To have a 2 year difference is very common with 2008/2010 RVs. The usual difference is only one year. But, if you remember 2008, there were big economic problems in the country and many manufacturers ended up with a supply of 2008 vans. (and many went bankrupt) Winnebago in particular apparently had hundreds of them. I would bet that all their rigs for 2009 and 2010 were built on 2008 platforms.

Just for your information, the Navion is not a Class B, it is a Class C that was built on a cutaway Sprinter. (Their Class B is called the Era) But that doesn't matter in relation to your question, as this happened with both Class B and Class C units manufactured in these years.
Mumkin
2021 Promaster 1500 188wb conversion
2019 Roadtrek Simplicity SRT (half Zion/half Simplicity)
2015 Roadtrek 170
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme

Traveling_Pa
Explorer
Explorer
Most Dodge Sprinter class b motor homes began life as tradesmen's vans. My 2004 has one of the original cargo attachment buckles still in place. The other 3 would be covered with cabinets if they were still in place. Class B motor homes start out as complete vans and are modified by the converter.

bsinmich
Explorer
Explorer
My '95 Roadtrek is on a '94 chassis. From the dates of each I have about the last chassis from '94 and the first '95 put on it. They are 2 weeks apart.
1999 Damon Challenger 310 Ford

Moved from Forum Technical Support

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 96 Southwind, it's on a 95 chassis. It's normal, they were not scammed.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Click on this link and it will help you understand how that happens.

Link to another forum answer
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Colo_Native
Explorer
Explorer
The frame(chassis) was built in 2008 and sold to the builder but the motorhome part was 2010 very common with motorhomes A,B,C
2015 Winnebago Forza 34T
pushed by a 2011 Fusion Hybrid or 2020 Escape Hybrid
Retired DFD