cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RECALL ON SPRINTER EGR VALVE??

Karsty
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone received notification of a recall on newer Sprinter vans for an EGR valve issue??

I am currently away and my tenant contacted me and advised that the Mercedes dealer had called and wants me to bring my RV in for a "recall" regarding the EGR valve. They apparently told the tenant that it wasn't urgent but to have me contact them when I return.

I am now curious because I have been having some issues with a slight hesitation along with some "burping & farting" ... please forgive the technical terms ... on accelerating while going up hills. Not every time but just started periodically on this trip.
Karsty (The Wandering Viking)

2012 Winnebago ERA
9 REPLIES 9

Fastpaddler
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Shearwater. I will check with MB Service when I take it in for service. I have an extended warrantee which would cover it if it is defective.
AL

dixied
Explorer
Explorer
I have the 2011 chassis on my 2012 Roadtrek. There was a recall on the EGR valve. Mine was replaced when I got my 10,000 mile service back in February. I did NOT get any notification from Mercedes or Roadtrek. The only reason I know it happened is from going back and looking at the service record after reading your post.
Dixie and the Goldendoodles, Nikkibear and Gus
2012 Roadtrek SS Agile

Shearwater
Explorer
Explorer
Fastpaddler - The EGR valve on our 2006 model was replaced at around 70,000 miles but it was done under warranty.
Advanced RV Sprinter

Fastpaddler
Explorer
Explorer
My 2006 Sprinter Pleasureway Plateau TS is supposed to have its EGR replaced at 60K miles @ about $500! Mine seems ok but I was wondering if this is an essential part to replace along with fuel filter,oil filter, engine oil and transmission oil--at some point between 60K and 100K. ANy opinion on this?
AL

Karsty
Explorer
Explorer
bobojay5 wrote:
I believe this is on the 2010-2011 chassis Karsty. Not entirely sure if the whole 2012 model year chassis is included or not. Some changes were made in the mid-2012 chassis specs as far as fuel delivery is concerned also....
You'll have to let everyone know

That would appear to be the case Bob. Mine is the 2011 chassis and as it turns out my VIN is listed as needing the work done. The dealer will be able to tell anyone with a quick check of the VIN.

2012 Winnebago ERA

bobojay5
Explorer
Explorer
I believe this is on the 2010-2011 chassis Karsty. Not entirely sure if the whole 2012 model year chassis is included or not. Some changes were made in the mid-2012 chassis specs as far as fuel delivery is concerned also....
You'll have to let everyone know
Bob & Sharon
Eastern Kansas
2013 Winnebago ERA 70A
Class B Van

Karsty
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks folks ... the following information was sent to me from another fellow I know. I have already made my appointment and should be good to go.

2011 Mercedes Benz SPRINTER gas recirculation valve (egr valve) service bulletin (Bulletin SC-2012120002)
Bulletin Date: Feb. 1, 2013
Component: Gas recirculation valve (egr valve).
Bulletin Summary: Mercedes: the engine control module (ecm) may fail from feedback signal to valve due to humidity entering exhaust gas recirculation (egr) valve, causing an electrical short circuit and software needs updating. Model 2010-2011 906.

2012 Winnebago ERA

van_fl
Explorer
Explorer
VEHICLES BUILT ON 2008 SPRINTER CHASSIS. THE ENGINE CONTROL MODULE MAY NOT ACTUATE THE EGR VALVE SUFFICIENTLY TO PREVENT SOOT ACCUMULATION, RESULTING IN IMPROPER VALVE OPERATION OR STICKING.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I,d find a dealer where ever you are and have it done.