cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

recommendations for residential fridge install wanted

pashir
Explorer
Explorer
thinking about replacing my 20 yr. old dometic and seeking recommendations for places with experience to do the job.
6 REPLIES 6

tinkerer
Explorer
Explorer
usersmanual wrote:
tinkerer wrote:
In my post I mentioned we went for the 18 cu Ft Samsung because it seems a lot of RV'rs chose that brand but the big deciding factor we the dimensions were as such we could get it through the door. A lot fridges were just a inch wider at the end which would not have fit through the door on my particular coach.I had a quarter of an inch to spare which I wouldn't want any less.:)

he asked for
seeking recommendations for places with experience to do the job.

Sorry in my old age my fingers go faster than my mind!:S

kdk
Explorer
Explorer
When I did my conversion, I bought a 23.5 cu. ft. Samsung side by side counter depth with water and ice through the door. With the doors removed it fit through the entrance door after removing the pass. seat. The great thing about a counter depth refer is the box is only 24". This also doesn't protrude into the room as standard depth refers due. Samsung also will operate on a modified sine wave inverter just fine as the unit uses variable speed DC motors for compressor and fans. Very efficient operation. In my case I only have 4 Trojan house batteries but run generator in the morning and evening about 1 1/2 to 2 hours when boon docking. We are in our RV about 7 months a year but we keep it on 24/7 and been using it flawlessly for 5 years. Can't help with installer as I did my own work. Refer 34 degrees and freezer -4 degrees.
Good luck with your modification, you won't be sorry.
Blessings; Keith
06 Holiday Rambler Ambassador
2016 Ford Explorer twin turbo

pashir
Explorer
Explorer
thank you, tinkerer and jfc for your replies. I'll give oregon motorcoach a call.

JFC
Explorer
Explorer
Oregon Motorcoach Center in Eugene did ours and did a great job.

usersmanual
Explorer
Explorer
tinkerer wrote:
In my post I mentioned we went for the 18 cu Ft Samsung because it seems a lot of RV'rs chose that brand but the big deciding factor we the dimensions were as such we could get it through the door. A lot fridges were just a inch wider at the end which would not have fit through the door on my particular coach.I had a quarter of an inch to spare which I wouldn't want any less.:)

he asked for
seeking recommendations for places with experience to do the job.

tinkerer
Explorer
Explorer