cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safe T Plus

dad2aprincess
Explorer
Explorer
Considering a Safe T Plus bar to help during these windy days plus when the 18 wheelers blow you off the road. Do they really work as advertised? Is Safe T Plus the best, or do you recommend something different?

Is Camping World competent enough to install, or does it need to be done by a professional?

Thanks guys!
2015 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 38DBT
14 REPLIES 14

Sfla2
Explorer
Explorer
You guys are some what right as they don;t make a Plus for a c just a stablizer- damper has no springs in it
98 Coachmen "C" Santara Model FL (Front Lounge) 30.4
Ford V 10 Super Duty (same as E 450)

MotorPro
Explorer
Explorer
Sfla2 wrote:
just a funny thing here on my C it even came w/ a stablizer from ford, which is like a safe t plus
they should be on all mh
Not like a safe t plus. That is a stabilizer, basically a shock absorber . takes a little shake out of the severing.A safe t plus has springs in it along with a shock. Helps keep steering going straight when trucks pass or a tire blows. best investment I every made on my motorhome!

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
Sfla2 wrote:
just a funny thing here on my C it even came w/ a stablizer from ford, which is like a safe t plus
they should be on all mh

Most likely a $60.00 steering dampner. My old PaceArrow came with one also. It won't do squat for a blow out or affects from passing trucks or for road crown.
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

spitfirepete
Explorer
Explorer
Actually works as advertised....and quite simple to install. The trick is the adjustment afterwards....also not difficult but must be fine tuned.
Peter and Linda
2011 Tiffin Phaeton
2007 Saturn Vue toad
Bichon and Cocker (spoiled puppies)

Sfla2
Explorer
Explorer
they should be on all mh
98 Coachmen "C" Santara Model FL (Front Lounge) 30.4
Ford V 10 Super Duty (same as E 450)

Camper_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
It's not difficult to install the Safe T Plus, however it might take two or three adjustments to get it set correctly. Install, test dive, adjust if necessary, test drive, adjust again if necessary... you want the motorhome to track straight when on a level road.
Check out the Henderson's Lineup website. I think they invented the Safe T Plus, and they have some good info and videos on their site. I had them install my Safe T Plus along with front and rear auxillary sway bars, rear track bar and Koni FSD shocks, These guys are experts when it comes to motorhome suspensions.
2016 Itasca Navion 24J

drifterpilot
Explorer
Explorer
I concur completely with Wolf10.
I noticed immense difference with steering control when I installed Safety T Plus. Really helps with control when being passed by 18-wheelers. Had it on two motorhomes and installed each myself.
2017 Allegro 34P
7,900 Miles, Ford V10
Winegard (in-motion tracking)
Blue Ox Avail
Brake Buddy

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
The Safety Plus is about $500-$600. The True Center is $1100.00.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

gswcgi
Explorer
Explorer
What do the two systems cost??
'03 Safari, DP, 36" Nissan 4X4 toad

Trap
Explorer
Explorer
If you want to go with the Safe-T-Plus I definitely recommend you have the Trim Kit Also installed. It works pretty much as DSDP Don describes the True Centre to work. The Trim Kit allows you to adjust for Crown in the road and wind conditions.

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
I put the Safety Plus on my Diplomat and found that all it did was cause more arm fatigue because it took more to turn the wheel.

I sold it and bought the True Center. The True Center has a dash switch that allows you to correct for road crown and wind conditions. I installed on the Diplomat and then left on a 6000 mile trip. When road conditions change, you momentarily push the True Center button and the coach tracks straight no matter what the conditions. Within a 100 miles of installation, it became second nature to use the system.

It's twice the price of the Safety Plus, but well worth it.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

Crazy_Ray
Explorer
Explorer
I love my steer safe on my Bounder. Do a Google. JMO
RET ARMY 1980,"Tiny" furkid, Class A, 2007 Bounder 35E, Ford V10 w/Steer Safe, 4 6V CROWN,GC235,525W Solar Kyocera, TriStar 45 Controller,Tri-Metric 2020,Yamaha 2400, TOW CRV. Ready Brake. "Living Our Dream" NASCAR #11-18-19-20- LOVE CO,NM,AZ

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, the Safe T Plus does two different things:

Centering force applied by springs-- makes the coach want to track straight. Less impact from outside forces.

Dampening for sudden rapid steering inputs. Helps maintain control in blow-outs, etc.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

Ed_Gee
Explorer II
Explorer II
dad2aprincess wrote:
Considering a Safe T Plus bar to help during these windy days plus when the 18 wheelers blow you off the road. Do they really work as advertised? Is Safe T Plus the best, or do you recommend something different?

Is Camping World competent enough to install, or does it need to be done by a professional?

Thanks guys!

Many here will tell you that getting blown around on the road or having steering issues is indicative of other suspension problems. They are likely correct, but on our 2008 Monaco I had terrible steering stability from day one....white knuckle driving! However i had our Camping World install a Steer Safe steering stabilizer and the result was like going from night to day. White knuckle driving became one hand driving.. so I am a proponent of such steering stabilizers for these issues. Had I need to do this over I probably would have gone with the Safe T Plus for its different and more elegant design....although it does the same thing.
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad