cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

SCAN GAUGE

mojo41
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone had any experience with the Scan Gauge.I've been looking at them for awhile now at the auto parts stores.Camping world now has them on sale for $147.00.What feelings are out their.

Thanks
Larry
25 REPLIES 25

dbates
Explorer
Explorer
I've had II for 5 years and have appreiated very much. I use it mostly for MPG is on the road but is works as advertised for other data.

If Campng World's is the model II & the shipping is less than $10.00 it's at a good price.

Check this site to compare the different models before buying
Plus New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island & Nova Scotia

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer
I have had a Scan Gauge II for a few years now, have used it on three vehicles and like it allot!! Right now I monitor instant mpg,Engine temp,horse power percentage,Load on Engine. You can scroll thru and monitor anything that is available on OBD2.
Crazy thing is,, I have it on my 2012 Sliverado, but it wouldn't work on my 2008 Impala SS??Also works good to calculate MPG's but takes allot of input.. Have to enter info at every fuel up.

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
Ours saved catrostophic damage to our old F350, so yes worth every penny. It is now in our new truck.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
jason4598 wrote:
You're getting kind of lazy with all that helpfulness..
It's for OP, not you.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Kemahsabe
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
There's 13 pages of search 'scan gauge.'

Here's a recent thread.

Kemahsabe
Explorer
Explorer
Another option is to use an OBDII Bluetooth adapter ($17) to send the data to your smartphone or tablet. Use the Android app 'Torque' to display the data. You could use your computer instead of phone if you want.

jason4598
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:

No link?

You're getting kind of lazy with all that helpfulness.

I have a scangauge, I like it so I can clear a code if needed.

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
I use an Edge Insight CTS (color touch screen). I think it might be a bit more expensive that the SG, but it is very easy to program, accepts an egt sensor, and a back up camera. Very happy with it. FWIW.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

dalehelman
Explorer
Explorer
Check out Ultraguage first. Larger read out. Half the price. I bought two. You can compare. Just Google it.
Dale & Sandi
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
2015 Little Guy T@B Sofitel
Liberty Lake (Spokane) WA.

DIY Manual replacement for Workhorse Auto Park emergency brake.

Stay In Play Duo Toad Braking System

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

pfidahospud
Explorer
Explorer
I have one, and use it mainly to check gas mileage. One has to be kind of a techno-nerd to program it with different functions, but it's doable. The graphics are also straight out of the mid 90's, but it works as advertised. Basic functions are easy to use. I can say that my mileage has increased significantly after watching it.