Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

How difficult to replace shocks on 1990 Ford F53 Chassis?

Greetings, Not worried about which shocks to get, just wondering how hard is it to do? For a little background, I've done a lot of mechanical work on my vehicles over the years. I've done 3 suspension lift kits on Jeeps. I've replaced many differe...

Raist11 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

General Older RV Issues

I have a 97 Tiffin Allegro Bus with a Cat 3126. I have owned it since 2008 and have put approx. 40,000 miles. Back in 2010 I had a boost sensor go bad but other than that have been pretty incident free until lately. I am wondering if there are any...

Small Class C

I've wanted a truck camper for sometime to be able to get to remote fishing areas. Lately I've thinking a small class C towing a Jeep Wrangler might be a better setup for me. I can find a spot to camp then explorer fishing spots with the jeep. So I h...

Dicor or Eternabond or?

I'm at a point I can no longer put off re-doing my roof on the MH. It is galvanized metal with 2 interlocking seams running down the length of the roof ending at the front and rear seals as I'm sure most MH are the same.'ve been looking at Eternabond...

Deano56 by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Anyone live in Louisville, Ky.

Hello, I am looking to move to Louisville and wondering what the laws about parking your RV on your own property (back yard) have to say.Any info would be appreciated as it will help in our house hunt requirements. Thanks

waterhoses

what size do I get 1/2 or 5/8 in. waterhose for fresh & gray???I do 25ft. but what dim.??

goots by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solera RS vs. Truck Camper for Ease of use

We are wondering if we can get some input from current owners of Forest River Solera RS or S?We want something that we don't have to tow a car. We aren't going 4x4 or anything serious - but would like to go where big rigs can't go - and be able to dr...

1retired by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Parking brake switch

Hey all-We have a 2005 Holiday Rambler Ambassador. I need to replace the Parking brake sensor switch, the gizmo which detects whether the parking brake is set or not. Where is this thing located, and how do I get to it? Monaco tech support said its n...

Battery's

I got monoco dynasty. What kind of battery do I buy for the house they are lead but are they deep cell or will a regular battery work an I checked them an 1 is showing bad do I have to replace all of them or will 1 work.

Water pump on and offf,,,

I have noticed that the water pump sporadically turns on and off whenno one is even using the water, and hasn't used it in days. Is thisnormal? Or do I start looking for a leak under the rig?Thanks.

Cummins ISL hiccup

Ours is an 03 Cummins ISL with 20K miles. Just serviced with new filters before a trip form Fla to Utah. It ran perfectly until the 4th day when it started to develop a very brief sudden loss of power when climbing small grades. The best that I ca...

Battery hook up

Hi. I have a old Mallard motorhome and starting to retore it. There is one house battery and two deep cycle batteries. Diagrahm is lost of the proper placement of wiring. Help! House battery has pos wire to starter solenoid. Neg wire to ground....

majmikie by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Awning damaged by wind.

While in a campground, my main awning got hit by a sudden 40-50 mph wind burst yesterday bending the 2 slide arms. Has anyone tried to replace the arms and how difficult is it? PS: It's an A&E carefree awning.

Snomas by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

400 messages later and my cross country RV trip.

Yeah, I used to check RV net almost daily. Now that I've retired I'm too busy! :@Just took the RV on my first cross country trek though. Drove from Phoenix to Colorado and picked up the GK and DD. Took the family to Lake Scott in Kansas for Memorial ...

EMD360 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes