cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCREENS FOR 2006 SPRINTER ROADTREK ADVENTUROUS

looking2travel
Explorer
Explorer
I need help in coming up with screen options for all windows on the van. (Driver and Passenger doors, sliding side door, and rear doors.

All tips, directions, etc. will be appreciated.

Thanks. . . . . Alan
12 REPLIES 12

Davydd
Explorer
Explorer
The Great West Van Legend rear screen stays in place but can be zipped and rolled up. It doesn't have to be taken down and be another piece of equipment to find a place to store.

Here is the view of it rolled up...

Davydd
2021 Advanced RV 144 WB 2500 Class B
2015 Advanced RV Ocean One Class B

sand_crab
Explorer
Explorer
Roadtrek RS makes a screen for the two rear doors, zips in. The slide door has two small screen windows. On the Passenger and driver window, there is a popin screen that is used as a sun shade that can be had. That about covers it. I never used mine. Had a 2012 RS ADV hated it traded it for a Winnebago View when I couldn't get help from J Hammill on how to add a thermostat, nor cool the windows. Frig was too small, and the microwave was on the floor, had to kneel down to use it. Bed was uncomfortable, 4"rift between cushions. Traded it at 1900 miles, glad to get rid of it most uncomfortable unit I have ever owned. Now the Pop 210 2011 was much more comfortable, thought I was trading up, but not so..
2013 Winnebago View Profile 24G
Volt 2012
2008 Chev Silverado 2500
Yamaha 2002 Motorscooter

Davydd
Explorer
Explorer
That thread was started some 8 years and 400+ messages ago so can be daunting to understand with a lot of misinformation and changed information over time.

Photos in messages is a referenced link system from a host photo album. You can open a free account to many hosting services. I use Photobucket mostly for linking to photos because it is the simplest to use, IMO. In Photobucket all you have to do is copy the "IMG code (for forums/boards)" location Photobucket gives you and paste it here. I also have set my upload criteria settings to resize any photo uploaded to no greater than 640 x 480 whether I upload from my computer or iPhone (using the Photobucket app).

You can get a photo from anywhere on the Internet and paste it here. All you have to do is right click on a PC or control click on a Mac, get image location that ends in .jpeg or .jpg and past it here between the IMG BBC code tags which can't be typed to demonstrate. Do a quote on a message with a photo to see how the tags are set up.

Here is a photo of the back screen of my GWVan to see the codes.
Davydd

ryegatevt
Explorer II
Explorer II
Davydd wrote:
It is a lot easier than what this RV.net thread on posting pictures makes it out to be. But here is their official thread.

Posting Pictures

What is the easier method? Thanx!
Steve & Bev
2005 Roadtrek 210
Tess, our Sheltie

Davydd
Explorer
Explorer
It is a lot easier than what this RV.net thread on posting pictures makes it out to be. But here is their official thread.

Posting Pictures
Davydd

loggenrock
Explorer
Explorer
Ummm...me and photos have a storied history here..! I can try to take a pic in the next day or 2 and get it on-line... I presume you mean the front door screens, right? ST
Two and a hound in a 2015 Coachmen Prism "B+"...pushed by '09 Suby Forester
First 50 done, working on the second pass! Nunavut - we'll see...!
2005-2015 Roadtrek 190P
1993-2005 Northstar Soft-Side TC
1989-1993 Backpacks & Tents!
1967-1977 Family TT's

dixied
Explorer
Explorer
loggenrock wrote:
We went to a (tent) camping supply store and bought screening, vs Home Depot, etc for window screening. For the front doors, we made what are called "bag screens" - you sew a 2-sided screen pocket, with the bottom left open, in the shape of your doors. Use by opening the front door, pull the screen "bag" over the door itself, close the door. Now you can open/close the door window as needed, but there is screen over it (actually both sides...). We use a strip of magnetic tape along the bottom screen edge on the outside of the door to hold the screening tight to the door below the bottom of the window so no bugs (I hate bugs...) can sneak in... ST

Can you post a photo? Sounds like something I would like to do.
Dixie and the Goldendoodles, Nikkibear and Gus
2012 Roadtrek SS Agile

loggenrock
Explorer
Explorer
We went to a (tent) camping supply store and bought screening, vs Home Depot, etc for window screening. For the front doors, we made what are called "bag screens" - you sew a 2-sided screen pocket, with the bottom left open, in the shape of your doors. Use by opening the front door, pull the screen "bag" over the door itself, close the door. Now you can open/close the door window as needed, but there is screen over it (actually both sides...). We use a strip of magnetic tape along the bottom screen edge on the outside of the door to hold the screening tight to the door below the bottom of the window so no bugs (I hate bugs...) can sneak in... Can't help you with the sliding side door, our Chevy has the 2 doors that swing open. I have seen the "disappearing" screen door as mentioned previously for the side door - very nice idea - likely a bit pricey. For the rear doors we have a large piece of the same tent screening that velcros all around the edges inside the doors - so the screen remains in place all the time, but no bugs (did I mention I hate bugs...) can get in if the rear doors are open. The commercial version of this for sprinters has a zipper all the way around vs the velcro from what I have seen. ST
Two and a hound in a 2015 Coachmen Prism "B+"...pushed by '09 Suby Forester
First 50 done, working on the second pass! Nunavut - we'll see...!
2005-2015 Roadtrek 190P
1993-2005 Northstar Soft-Side TC
1989-1993 Backpacks & Tents!
1967-1977 Family TT's

charles
Explorer
Explorer
Skreenz.com

Nick
2019 Thor Chateau 22B

georgelesley
Explorer
Explorer
We are going to Advanced-RV.com in Cleveland, OH next month for exactly that mod. They will do most Sprinter based vans on a custom basis. Not cheap. But the work is top notch, and for us easy to use. Magnetic strips and velcro attachments do work but require more effort than we want to go to. The side door screen in particular is a neat deal as it rolls up like a window shade sideways. Very easy.

The Sprinter store also has some much cheaper options available.
George 20 yr USAF & Lesley

looking2travel
Explorer
Explorer
What are you calling flexible screening and where do you get it?

drsolo
Nomad
Nomad
I am going to get a roll of flexible screening and I already have a roll of magetic tape. Then I can move it around to where I want it.
Ingrid and Dan Retired teachers from Milwaukee, WI
1992 GMC Vandura conversion