cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Prices

yrusoslo
Explorer
Explorer
I realize prices are all over the place, but what are the price ranges for a full service on a class a diesel. Oil & filters, lube, ck all fluild levels, etc. and so on. When I was in the trucking OTR, we did this every 10,000 miles. I will be looking for a motorhome in the near furture. Was just wondering on some maintance expenses. I also know CAT. Cummins & Detroit all take different oil capacities & filters. Just looking for an average price range. Thanks
12 REPLIES 12

_Marc
Explorer
Explorer
Speedco
Marc & Josée
Tiffin Allegro Bus 45LP
450 HP Cummins ISL

Blaster_Man
Explorer
Explorer
I use a Mom and Pop diesel shop. I supply the oil (from Sams) and oil filter and for $65 they change both, dispose of both and lube the coach.
2014 American Eagle

yrusoslo
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for your replies, very helpful.

pusherpilot
Explorer
Explorer
BigSkyBob wrote:
I have taken my coach to the same independent diesel repair shop for 6 years for service. They do all the local tour buses and a lot of OTR trucks. For an oil change, (26 qts), oil filter and complete lube it cost me $225. They check all oil levels and check the slack adjusters. I also get my coolant test kits from them to send to Cummins lab. When they serviced the generator it was $30 more for oil and filter. They also did the filter replacement on the Allison transmission but I had the filters so they only charged me for 6 gallons of Transynd oil and 30 minutes additional labor.

6 ga of transynd? If all you're doing is changing the filters it should only take 2 1/2 gal

http://www.allisontransmission.com/servlet/DownloadFile?Dir=publications/pubs&FileToGet=SA5429EN.pdf

Ron

bluwtr49
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm beginning to use the Cat and Allison service centers for fluids and filters. Since the change intervals are so different it's not an inconvenience. It seems their prices are as good as anyone plus they throw in a bunch of other service checks pertainant to their products like program updates and etc.

I.e, and oil change and PM inspection is ~$300.00 for 36 qts. Allison gets ~$36.00/gal for Transynd while other sell it for up to $48.00/gal.

RV dealer/service centers are the worst.
Dick

2002 43' DP Beaver Marquis Emerald Cat C-12 505 HP, 1600 Tq
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland ---toad

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Speedco x3
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

Tarheel_2
Explorer
Explorer
I probably pay a little more, but I've had all of my service work done on my present coach at a local Freightliner dealer. They have two mechanics that were trained at the Gaffney Freightliner Custom Coach facility and I know the person working on my coach has the training for it. I have a Mercedes (Detroit) engine and having the same owner, they do full service work on both my engine and chassis. I just paid $380 for full service on both the engine and generator including all the filters on both. There was also an extra gallon of antifreeze on the bill and a little labor for checking out another issue.

On my four previous motorhomes, I always used a local diesel garage, but on my present one I decided to use Freightliner, because they would do any warranty work required with never a hassle because they are the only ones that have serviced my coach and have all of my records on file. The owners are great people and have helped me out a couple of times on warranty issues. If I'm paying a little more, it is worth it to me.

On edit, I failed to mention that I get all the fuel filters changed at the same time.
Tarheel

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
I also use SpeedCo...Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

wilpower
Explorer
Explorer
Second on Speedco

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
We use Speedco exclusively. Their prices are fair, their product is top line and the employees are veterans in the industry and do an excellent job....One stop service, L-O-F, generator service, oil analysis on both the engine and generator, check coolant. What more could one want for their annual service...:?

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

BigSkyBob
Explorer
Explorer
I have taken my coach to the same independent diesel repair shop for 6 years for service. They do all the local tour buses and a lot of OTR trucks. For an oil change, (26 qts), oil filter and complete lube it cost me $225. They check all oil levels and check the slack adjusters. I also get my coolant test kits from them to send to Cummins lab. When they serviced the generator it was $30 more for oil and filter. They also did the filter replacement on the Allison transmission but I had the filters so they only charged me for 6 gallons of Transynd oil and 30 minutes additional labor.
2008 Monaco Camelot 40PDQ, 4 slides, 2016 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi Quadcab 4x4. Blue Ox, Garmin 760 LRM GPS, Doran Pressure pro on all 10, M&G Brake, 50 amp SurgeGuard, FMCA, Coachnet.

FormerBoater
Explorer
Explorer
Go to the Speedco site, look at their menu.
Dave
1998 American Eagle 40EVS