cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Short Queen Mattress

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at one from our local camping world - any first hand experience with a purchase from them.
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks
14 REPLIES 14

rsn48
Explorer
Explorer
I went to a local mattress joint in a smaller town, I expected to find no short queens, to my surprise they had one which I bought. I paid around $650 for it and I'm quite happy with its performance. I don't know off hand what brand it is but my point is not to get exactly as I got, but there might be a place locally that carries one. If they do, you have an opportunity to try it out before handing over the money. And I had one of the personnel in the store help me with it into the RV and onto its platform.

Two_Jayhawks
Explorer
Explorer
We purchased a regular queen foam bed from Costco about ten years ago for our last coach. Costco carried high quality "tempurpedic" like mattresses maybe still do. Anyway I found I only needed to cut a smaller amount off the length leaving me more bed than I would have ended up with in a short queen. I trimmed the length sandwiching the end of the bed with two 2"x4" boards clamped off. We LOVED the mattress!
Bill & Kelli
2015 DSDP 4366 pulling a 21 JL Unlimited Sport
2002 Safari Zanzibar 3906 gone
1995 Fleetwood Bounder 36JD gone

mfox20
Explorer
Explorer
bsinmich wrote:
Go to a local mattress store that makes their own and get it made to size and cofort you want.

This is exactly what we did. Spent about 350.00 for a custom pillow top. Went to to the store and checked all of the selection and ordered. Took about 2 weeks.
Michael

2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor Gasser
2013 Honda CR-V Toad

AikenRacer
Explorer
Explorer
We replaced our King mattress with two side by side twins that were made here locally. Took the coach to them, they measured and built these two pieces to equal a king. They then made a foam topper with an extra piece to fill in the very small center gap. Works perfect. Easy to get in the coach.
2012 Tuscany 42RQ tag
2005 Silverado 2500 w/ piggy back golf cart

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
Found mine on Amazon. Very comfortable and much better the Elkhart Blue Bed of Nails that came with the coach. Was compressed and rolled into a 12" or so tube for shipping. Don't cut the straps until you have it in the coach on the bed. Takes a few minutes to reform.

Amazon Short Queen
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
dtappy3353 wrote:
We purchased a queen mattress from Camping World a couple years ago and love it.

Shipped directly to the house as a small round tube. Brought to fiver and opened it right on the bed.

Extremely comfortable and fits perfect.

We tried other outlets and custom fabricators....they tried talking us into the most expensive units they make....Oh, did I also say these guys were a lot more expensive?

Thank you this is the first hand feed back I wanted
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

dtappy3353
Explorer
Explorer
We purchased a queen mattress from Camping World a couple years ago and love it.

Shipped directly to the house as a small round tube. Brought to fiver and opened it right on the bed.

Extremely comfortable and fits perfect.

We tried other outlets and custom fabricators....they tried talking us into the most expensive units they make....Oh, did I also say these guys were a lot more expensive?

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Geozzz wrote:
Go on Amazon and look up short queen memory foam mattress

I did that I want to hear from real people who bought one - I am more than capable of searching the internet
2014 Jeep Cherokee

Geozzz
Explorer
Explorer
Go on Amazon and look up short queen memory foam mattress
Kathy & George Zimm
Mickleton NJ
2006 Coachman Epic and 2011 Chevy Equinox toad
2 Shelties

-Gramps-
Explorer
Explorer
Amazon has a great selection of short queen mattresses. We are very pleased with the Sleep Master 8 inch memory foam one that we purchased from them.

bsinmich
Explorer
Explorer
Go to a local mattress store that makes their own and get it made to size and cofort you want.
1999 Damon Challenger 310 Ford

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
The service you get from Camping World is totally dependent on the local Camping World.
However, you have not given enough information to help you. What kind of short queen?
traditional?
Memory foam?
Adjustable?
What about a topper?
Any good mattress store should be able to order a mattress you like in a short queen. That way you can go into the store and try out the mattress before purchase.
Try Mattress Express or I found a place online Minnesota Mattress Factory.
http://www.minnesotamattressfactory.com/contact/
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
Over priced junk. Let Google be your friend.

Which one did you buy
2014 Jeep Cherokee

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Over priced junk. Let Google be your friend.