cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Side Cameras

Ole_B
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2016 Newmar ventana. I do not like the side cameras and prefer to see the towed vehicle when making a turn. Is there a way to disable the side cameras without pulling wires from the back? I have a voyager system. Thanks to all
31 REPLIES 31

clnhse
Explorer
Explorer
I cut the trigger wires and put a switch. Now I can see my toad take a turn. Also. It helps to see the toad clear on lane changes. The camera mirrors are useless. Sometimes the sun blinds them. I did this 6 years ago. These builders need to add cameras at the rear lower to check on the toads tires.

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
Oh I love my side cameras! They actually have a better view them my mirrors, but I would like to keep one monitor on the rear 100 percent of the time.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
ncrowley wrote:
I guess we are in the minority. I had side cameras installed when I replaced the rear camera system and I love them. They let me see the blind spot on the passenger side when I signal. I use both the mirrors and the cameras.

No, you are not in the minority, I had them installed during the build of our new coach. Liberty doesn't normally install side camera's. I like 'em! ๐Ÿ™‚

The reason is, I can turn on the camera system and see around the coach at night through the side and rear camera's on all the TV's. The side camera's have 'night vision' capability (works pretty good). At night, there is a circle of red lights around the camera that illuminate.

MM.

On Edit: Liberty now offers complete 'bird's eye' view of the coach from camera's mounted at the roofline (front, sides and rear).
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

ncrowley
Explorer
Explorer
I guess we are in the minority. I had side cameras installed when I replaced the rear camera system and I love them. They let me see the blind spot on the passenger side when I signal. I use both the mirrors and the cameras.
Nancy
Newmar Northern Star

Ole_B
Explorer
Explorer
Just tried the (menu) (mirror) (skip) that rjatijnet1 suggested and the icon skip is not part of the menu. The only options I have are (normal) and (mirror) Thanks

holstein13
Explorer
Explorer
DSDP Don wrote:
With all that said, I agree with "Mr.Mark", don't disconnect them, just learn to drive without them. I give a quick turn signal and then turn them off while making my lane change. In town during slow speed turns, leaving the turn signal on really doesn't matter.
This.
2015 Newmar King Aire 4599
2012 Ford F150 Supercrew Cab
-------------------------------------------------------------
`

T_bone1
Explorer
Explorer
rgatijnet1 wrote:
Effy wrote:
usersmanual wrote:
Two Hands wrote:
I would think more before disabling the side cameras. I use my mirrors to watch the toad during turns. The side cameras make it much safer and easier to see vehicles coming up on either side of you.

the guy asked about how to disable them not what our opinion of such was?? geez you guys go off topic so easy

I've been watching your posts and you rarely have little to offer to the conversation other than criticism and snide remarks. You've been on here for less than 3 months and all you seem to manage to do is irritate people. If you don't like the forum - or people in general for that matter - go away. This is not the place for you to compensate for a lack of whatever you are missing in your personal life to come here and troll people to feel better about yourself.

X3

X2
2017 Georgetown 329S
2015 Toyota Tacoma toad

Blaster_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Ole B wrote:
I have a 2016 Newmar ventana. I do not like the side cameras and prefer to see the towed vehicle when making a turn. Is there a way to disable the side cameras without pulling wires from the back? I have a voyager system. Thanks to all

I agree, never use my side cameras and use the center camera to watch the toad. I would not bother to disconnect them, if for some reason you need them, they'll still be there.
2014 American Eagle

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
After reading this, I think I'm going to rewire mine so the upper screen is fixed on the rear camera, and let the turn camera take over the lower radio screen, that way I can see the Jeep from the rear camera in turns.

Ole_B
Explorer
Explorer
Ole wants to thank all of you for responding. I have been out of town at a funeral and not able to respond earlier. I have just returned to AZ. For anyone checking out this post the answer is here, read the posts so you can make your own decisions.

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
irishtom29 wrote:
Effy wrote:
This is not the place for you to compensate for a lack of whatever you are missing in your personal life to come here and troll people to feel better about yourself.

Some people compensate by accusing others of compensating.

smh
2013 ACE 29.2

irishtom29
Explorer
Explorer
Effy wrote:
This is not the place for you to compensate for a lack of whatever you are missing in your personal life to come here and troll people to feel better about yourself.

Some people compensate by accusing others of compensating.

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
I have 2 monitors and one is normally the toad and the other is the radio/nav, but when I turn, they both go to turn. I too wish I could make one stay on the toad in the turn, but never figured it out.

gsander1
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know how others are set up but mine is very simple.

All three camera RCA cables connect to a switch box. The turn signals are wired to that control box. There is one RCA output which connects to my display screen. With no turn signal on the rear camera signal is sent to the display. Each turn signal will switch the output as expected.

I disconnected the rear camera input from the switch and ran it directly to the display input.
George in Birmingham, AL
03 Country Coach Magna