cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sound Proof Dog House

mdecastra
Explorer
Explorer
Any ideas on what and where to get material to reduce engine noise (around dog house) in my Class A.
18 REPLIES 18

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
topflite51 wrote:
THIS is what I used on ours and it worked quite well.
I used this from HD. I bonded this to the original layer with Weldwood contact ahesive. It was cheap and reduced the heat and sound greatly. You can spend a lot of money for Dynamat, Acousticore, and other products but the jute felt and Al barrier works good for what it costs. For sound deadening the best product is .050 lead sht that it bonded to the inside of the dog house(you mentioned sound proofing in your original post and not heat reduction).

10forty2
Explorer
Explorer
shelbylen wrote:
I would use the dynamat, it has been around in the audio industry for years. It is a quality product and easy to use. I have used this in several cars to make parts not rattle and soundproof the car.

+1 !! Dynamat is great stuff!
1999 Holiday Rambler Endeavor, 36' Gasser
Triton V10, Ford F53 Chassis
-----------------------------------------

robatthelake
Explorer
Explorer
Sheet of Galvanised Steel between the Fibreglas Dog House Cover and the hole above the Engine,along with some Insulation will work wonders!
Rob & Jean
98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher ..07 Honda CRV AWD

rtz549
Explorer
Explorer

mabynack
Explorer II
Explorer II
Boom Mat from DEI is one of the better ones I've seen.

allbrandauto
Explorer
Explorer
my dog house had a crack in it I built a wooden cover for it stained the wood looks very nice cut down on heat and noise

topflite51
Explorer
Explorer
THIS is what I used on ours and it worked quite well.
:CDavid
Just rolling along enjoying life
w/F53 Southwind towing a 87 Samurai or 01 Grand Vitara looking to fish
Simply Despicable ๐Ÿ˜›
Any errors are a result of CRS.:s

mdecastra
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for everyone's input!

happy-2
Explorer
Explorer
DYNAMAT-DYNAMAT-DYNAMAT----ITS THE BEST THING AROUND I DID ALL THE UNDERSIDE OF MY DOGHOUSE AND FLOORBOARDS,IT CUT THE NOISE TO ALL MOST ZERRO AND KEPT THE HEAT AT A WARM TOUCH.ITS THE BEST. WHEN YOU INSTALL IT USE A TENNIS BALL TO WORK IT IN THE CORNERS AND CURVES,CAUSE YOU CANT USE A ROLLER ALL OVER.

shelbylen
Explorer
Explorer
I would use the dynamat, it has been around in the audio industry for years. It is a quality product and easy to use. I have used this in several cars to make parts not rattle and soundproof the car.
2000 Georgetown 306

jwmII
Explorer
Explorer
Off Highway (mine haul trucks)cab builders could help you. Many off road truck cabs are lined with a rubber backed lead product that cuts waay back on the external noises.
jwmII

Deano56
Explorer
Explorer
its going to be difficult to get rid of all noise, unless you move the engine to the back

bullydogs1
Explorer
Explorer
When I had my gasser I use a blanket from Summit Racing..it stuck right on the back of the cover and the outer side was coated to make it heat proof...It did help but did not eliminate it entirely.
Stuart and Stella Denning
2016 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ
The 3 Bulldogs (Daisy, Sylvie and Stashie)
2018 Equinox Diesel (TOAD)

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
This is what I use on all vehicle that need it. I have the 3/8 or 1/2 one on the dog house.

http://www.dynamat.com/