cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

This Was My Dream Custom Build The Day I Saw It At SEMA

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
But it sold for a unbelievable price of 4.1 million dollars at auction, watch video..

https://youtu.be/DwoUCNFpfkI

10 REPLIES 10

dpruettsms
Explorer
Explorer
I think Rick Hendricks bought the unit not positive.

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
I remember seeing a documentary about these, the top speed was 45MPH and very low fuel mileage... under 6MPG.

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
That is the GM Futureliner which is one of 12 built to tour the USA as GM released their new automobiles. I saw the one at Barrett-Jackson auction that was bought by Ron Pratt for $4.1 Million. He later donated it to charity and it was sold again in 2015 at the Barrett-Jackson auction in Scottsdale, AZ. As opposed to a Class A coach, in the Futureliner the driver sits at the top, in the center, and has a commanding view of the road ahead. It has dual front and rear wheels and is really only 33' long. GM Futureliner

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
There was one of those in Connecticut years ago. Just as cool and odd looking up close as in the pictures!

That was a Barrett-Jackson auction... which while fun to watch, I don't know if it reflects an honest value of the vehicle.

Of course, with specialty vehicles like that, the value is whatever someone is willing to pay for it!

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
Amazing. They use to have one at the Peterson Auto Museum in Los Angeles. Cool looking vehicles!

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

Camreal
Explorer
Explorer
Amazing

smlranger
Explorer
Explorer
Is that the one that was rebuilt by place highlighted in the TV show Bitchin Rides?
2019 Grand Design Solitude 384GK 5th wheel. Glen Allen, VA

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Your picture or the video doesn't show the dual front wheels.
They're definitely cool machines. :C

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
Tom/Barb wrote:
SWEET> !
x-2

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
SWEET> !
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.