cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thoughts/advice on 2008 Fleetwood Providence 39V

Y-Guy
Sort of poking around and thinking about upgrading from our Sightseer 35J with bunkbeds to a DP since the kids really don't go with us much any more.

I came across this 2008 Fleetwood Providence 39V which intrigues me. I've been doing some looking around and appears the most common problems are with the leveling jacks and early on some slide issues.

It has 40,639 miles, a Cat C7 350 HP and sits on a Freightliner chassis.

Are there other issues for this era Fleetwood? I do belive this was about the time that they went belly up, but I'm not sure that matters much now.

Thanks for any thoughts you have.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
13 REPLIES 13

tinkerer
Explorer
Explorer
Y-Guy wrote:
Cranemec wrote:
Doesn't look like there is a lot of storage in the basement.

Yeah I'm not sure how I feel about the outside TV and kitchen, I could see gutting those for storage.
We have a 2007 Discovery, it also had an outside TV I never watched. I removed it and replaced it with a small freezer. The outlet there is wired into the inverter.:)

malexander
Explorer
Explorer
We absolutely love our 07 38N Bounder. The only slide problem I've had was the rocker switch for the bedroom slide. It had a dead spot at full deflection.
2007 Fleetwood Bounder 38N 330 Cat DP, 2008 GL1800 Goldwing, Cessna 150 & 172, Rans S6S Coyote, Vans RV9A. Lifetime NRA, EAA, Good Sam member

Y-Guy
Blackdiamond wrote:
Needed to downsize, I had payments on the 07, no payments on the 03'

I hear ya, was hoping that was the case. Good for you!

Blackdiamond wrote:
I agree, the outside kitchen took up more space than it was worth, if I had kept mine it would have been gone, I didn't have the outside TV but feel the same way, then again I don't go camping to watch TV, nice to have inside if the weather is bad.

Yeah I've never felt the need or desire to watch TV outside, inside is another issue.

Blackdiamond
Explorer
Explorer
Y-Guy wrote:
Cranemec wrote:

Yeah I'm not sure how I feel about the outside TV and kitchen, I could see gutting those for storage.
I agree, the outside kitchen took up more space than it was worth, if I had kept mine it would have been gone, I didn't have the outside TV but feel the same way, then again I don't go camping to watch TV, nice to have inside if the weather is bad.
03' Fleetwood Southwind 32VS
Enclosed Trailer hauling the toys
05 525 EXC KTM
15' FE350s Husqvarna/KTM
07 Rhino, long travel, 4 seater

Blackdiamond
Explorer
Explorer
Y-Guy wrote:
Doug & Blackdiamond, thank you both.

Blackdiamond was there a reason to change from the 2007 to your 2003?
Needed to downsize, I had payments on the 07, no payments on the 03'
05 525 EXC KTM
15' FE350s Husqvarna/KTM

Y-Guy
Cranemec wrote:

Cranemec
Explorer
Explorer
2015 American Coach Tradition 42G

Y-Guy
Doug & Blackdiamond, thank you both.

Blackdiamond was there a reason to change from the 2007 to your 2003?

Blackdiamond
Explorer
Explorer
I had a 2007 Discovery 39s, during the 6 years I owned it I had both rear jacks go out, at different times. 1 slide motor went out, the bedroom slide shared the pin on the gear. The transfer switch went out and that is about it.
05 525 EXC KTM
15' FE350s Husqvarna/KTM

dturm
I have a '08 Fleetwood Southwind 36D with the full wall slide. I've had no issues with the jacks or the slide with the exception of the hard rubber/plastic rollers on the slide mechanism supports. I've had two crack and they needed replacement - JohnnyT helped me with a pretty easy fix and I now carry several for replacement when needed. I also lube them more frequently than I had been. I would assume the slide mechanism would be the same.

Doug
Doug & Sandy
Kaylee
Winnie 6 1/2 year old golden
2008 Southwind 2009 Honda CRV

Y-Guy
Belgique, thanks and yes I do recall talking about our 35j's!

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
Ironic because we traded our '08 35J for an '07 Fleetwood Discovery 40X, which is similar to the 39V. We love our 40X. We've had no problems with the jacks once we learned to be careful and follow the manual. Or slides. There is no comparison to the 35J, which we loved BTW. The 40X fell into our lap at a great price so we couldn't pass it up. So happy we did.

PM me if you want more commentary. I think you and I PM'd years ago about our 35J's.

On Edit: BTW, the electric jacks and slide motors are just like the ones on our 35J's. So, you are ahead of the game!
Hickory, NC
2007 Fleetwood Discovery 40X

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Full wall slide and no counter space in the kitchen...NEXT.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...