cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tire covers & Wiper/Mirror Covers

werni9
Explorer
Explorer
Any "name brand" better than another when buying Vinyl Tire covers to protect against UV rays and the elements. I've had Tyre Guards and found the bungee cords at the bottom, on the back side, was a hastle. Also any favorites for mirror and wiper covers?
13 REPLIES 13

ncrowley
Explorer II
Explorer II
The paint on the top of the mirrors really get beat up by the sun. The mirror covers are a good idea.
Nancy
Newmar Northern Star

Billinwoodland
Explorer
Explorer
Hudsoner wrote:
I also use the foam tubes around the wipers. They work great!
I have yet to figure out, why one would want to spend money to cover the outside mirrors?

My MH is stored outside. The birds would sit on the mirrors and soil not only the mirror itself, but the space between the curved portion of the mirror and the larger upper mirror. It was a real pain to clean. I now simply place a small garbage bag over the mirror, tape it in place, and the birds must not like to roost on it and have moved on. We have a real wasp problem where I store my MH and I have to tape every opening to keep them out.
2008 Monaco Monarch 34 sbd

Clay_L
Explorer
Explorer
Like others I used foam pipe insulation on my wipers and also put a tennis ball under each wiper arm to keep them off the windshield. I bought the motor home new in 2004 and the wipers lasted for ten years before I had to replace them.
Clay (WA5NMR), Lee (Wife), Katie & Kelli (cats) Salli (dog).

Fixed domicile after 1 year of snowbirding and eleven years Full Timing in a 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N, Workhorse chassis, Honda Accord toad

Clay_L
Explorer
Explorer
Hudsoner wrote:
I have yet to figure out, why one would want to spend money to cover the outside mirrors?

Two reasons:
We were told to cover the mirrors in the Jekyll Island state park because wood peckers would attack their reflection.

We had yellow jacket wasps build a nest behind the glass of the drivers side mirror while we were at my sister in laws commercial peach orchard in western CO for a couple of months. I sprayed them with insecticide and a couple of months later I was able to wash the nest out with a water spray nozzle. We covered them with plastics bags the next year when we went back.
Clay (WA5NMR), Lee (Wife), Katie & Kelli (cats) Salli (dog).

Fixed domicile after 1 year of snowbirding and eleven years Full Timing in a 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N, Workhorse chassis, Honda Accord toad

Gdlow
Explorer
Explorer
I got away from the vinyl tire covers and went to the ones that I attached to the ourside of the MH...The tires are shaded with sunblock material, but don't have the heat that the vinyl ones keep on the tire..here is an example...mine are white..
Author is "Mentor" about 3rd message down
Gary And Cathy
'05 Dolphin 5342
Honda Element following us :W
Pacnats
GS, FMCA
:C Rallys attended
FMCA Albany, Or.'06
FMCA Redmond, Or.'07
FMCA Quartzite, Az. '10...but not again:R
Good Sams "The Rally" Redmond Or. '11
FMCA Redmond August 2014
FMCA Indio, Ca 2013

ncrowley
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have the Magneshade windshield wiper convers and tire covers that I cannot remember the band on - it has a swoop line though it. My only issue was the tire convers were a little short and a little part of the bottom of the tire was exposed. Yes, I purchased the right size. I purchased some sun shade material and sewed a strip on the bottom and now the tires are fully covered. I purchased the ADCO mirror covers and they work very well.
Nancy
Newmar Northern Star

RVChippys
Explorer
Explorer
Get white Tyre guard covers. They keep tires cooler in 100 degree heat.
Ditto on the foam for the windshield wipers.

Hudsoner
Explorer
Explorer

egh33
Explorer
Explorer
mfox20 wrote:
I use the foam wrap around pipe insulation for my wiper covers, slips on easily and will last about 6 months for a 1.00. I use the Tyre Guard tire covers. They fit pretty snug so I quit using the bungee cords pretty quick. I do store at home though.

X2

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
I also use the Adco tire covers and they've held up for years. I have a cheap pair of white mirror covers, could be Adco and use the foam insulation for the wipers.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
I bought my tire covers (ADCO) at CW many years and they hold up great in that hot AZ. Sun. I use winter foam pipe insulation on my windshield wipers. Prior to the foam pipe insulation (my first year staying the winter in AZ.) My windshield wipers melted onto the windshield from the hot AZ. Sun.

mfox20
Explorer
Explorer
I use the foam wrap around pipe insulation for my wiper covers, slips on easily and will last about 6 months for a 1.00. I use the Tyre Guard tire covers. They fit pretty snug so I quit using the bungee cords pretty quick. I do store at home though.
Michael

2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor Gasser
2013 Honda CR-V Toad

Marine_By_Choic
Explorer
Explorer
Magne Shade has excellent tire covers and wiper covers.