cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tire Pressure Monitor

Larry_Sue_Elnif
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking at Tire Pressure Monitors. What ones are the best?
12 REPLIES 12

livingaboard
Explorer
Explorer
I have posted several times about my original pressure pro issues and then the 360rv system. Customer service has been good but there comes a point where I don't give a $%#$% about customer service if I have to keep using customer service to get my product working. Considering how little I actually use the product it is ridiculous how many issues I have had. I bought my 360 rv system in April of last year. We are right about the 2 year mark and one of my sensors just doesn't work. I assume it is a bad battery even after only 2 years.

I reset my receiver and reprogrammed every sensor and even moved this rear tire sensor to the front tires and still have a lost signal on my receiver. I either have a bad sensor or bad battery; either of which requires replacing the $50 sensor and paying shipping. I am really fed up with the system. I like it when it works right but hate it when I am spending money on it. I only got the upgraded 360 rv system because I was tired of the batteries shorting out in the original sensors and causing them to literally melt.

I emailed Debbie at Doran yesterday and again today. I need my bad sensor replaced for my trip this Friday. I don't a sensor being shipped to me anytime soon.

So I have driven my rv about 6000 miles since 2006 and have purchased TWO 6 tire monitoring systems. I am about to purchase my third just to get replaceable batteries that I can do myself. You do the math if I have to replace all 6 sensors at a cost of over $300 every few years. I am way the hell better off just buying a system that I can replace the batteries in and pay only about $20 every few years.
Dave
Everett, WA
2000 Itasca Suncruiser 35U, F53 Triton V-10
Firestone air bags with Quad control air gauge
Pressure Pro tire pressure monitor
Banks Exhaust
SuperSteer rear trac bar
Olympian Wave heaters (Wall mount and portable)

Don_Don
Explorer
Explorer
Doran by far. RV's , trucks and buses for a long time.

mtrumpet
Explorer
Explorer
stripit wrote:
For the money I found that the TST system was really worth the costs. You can look Hereand compare the systems they sell. The service they provide to me has been outstanding.

Another vote here for the TST system.
Mark & Cherie
2002 Newmar Dutch Star DP 3872, Cummins 350 ISC, Spartan Chassis

stripit
Explorer
Explorer
For the money I found that the TST system was really worth the costs. You can look Hereand compare the systems they sell. The service they provide to me has been outstanding.
Stacey Frank
2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

MSHappyCampers
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for TireTraker. Batteries in sensors can be easily replaced. Easy to program. Only negative thing I've found is that the monitor does not read the same pressure as my trucker's tire gauge, but it really doesn't matter because its the change that's important!
Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT

Desert_Captain
Explorer III
Explorer III
powderman426 wrote:
I have the Tiretraker here and it works well. I would say the worst unit is probably better than none, and I will never tow without again.

X2 All it took for me to finally break out my wallet and buy the Tire Trakker was one blowout alongside Interstate 10. Lots of fun laying under the TT changing the tire while traffic wizzes by at 75 just a couple of yards away. :S

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Try searching this Forum for `tpms' or `pressure pro' etc. This topic has been discussed at length.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Roadpilot
Explorer
Explorer
I have the TST and it works well. I believe the newer ones have a replaceable battery.
Tiffin Wayfarer 25TW
15 Mini Cooper S

powderman426
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Tiretraker here and it works well. I would say the worst unit is probably better than none, and I will never tow without again.
Ron & Charlotte
WD8CBT since 1976
32' Gulfstream Ameri-Camp & 05 Ram QC LB

I started with nothing and I still have most of it left

I never fail, I just succeed in finding out what doesn't work

Dave_n_Alice
Explorer
Explorer
We have the Tire Minder system on the MH and toad. Very happy with the product and get good signals from the toad without a booster.

Klueck
Explorer
Explorer
We have the Truck System Technology system. (TST) We like it, but we've had to send the monitors back numerous times. They have usually replaced them at no charge, but it's a pain. The newer ones have user replaceable batteries and that's what I'd get the next time.

filthy_beast
Explorer
Explorer
I have been happy with my TST, I think it is the 507.
Goody Two Shoes and the Filthy Beast
2008 Silverado 2500HD
2012 Wildcat 282RKX

You cannot make things idiot proof, you can only make them idiot resistant.