Explorer
Explorer
here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hAthCeLiF4&t=2s
12 REPLIES 12

Explorer II
Explorer II
gemsworld wrote:
Tough crowd. Not everybody is an expert in RVs.
The whole intent of her videos are to profit on the ads. The definition of Click Bait
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
gemsworld wrote:

No, the crowd's not tough -- just saying that due diligence, especially when you're dropping 80 or 100 grand (or more) on a purchase. . . any purchase. . . is critical. And, there is PLENTY of readily-available information online for anyone to become well-versed, if not a borderline expert, prior to purchase.
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

PSW
Explorer
Explorer
Every time I see, hear or read something like this I wonder how many of those record busting B sales during the COVID months will be "For Sale" when this pandemic is over or at least abated.

Newbies (of course, I don't know that the OP is in fact a newbie) are going to discover any A, B or C is not like buying a vehicle from an auto dealer and that the inherent quirks and defects are many. No, they shouldn't exist in the first place but they do and I suspect with all the demand on the industry that new design and quality of workmanship problems will be quite common. Unfortunately.
PSW
2013 Phoenix Cruiser 2350
2014 Jeep Cherokee behind it
and a 2007 Roadtrek 210P for touring

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
This is a typical youtube van video setup. You know - the 10 or 15 things I like and then the things I don't. The things we got right and then the things we didn't. Stuff like that... And - yeah - it is click bait to get more youtube views.

I did enjoy the video - just to look around at another van. ๐Ÿ™‚

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

mumkin
Explorer
Explorer
My thought was that she should have linked both videos
Mumkin
2021 Promaster 1500 188wb conversion
2019 Roadtrek Simplicity SRT (half Zion/half Simplicity)
2015 Roadtrek 170
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme

atreis
Explorer
Explorer
Funny how people are assuming she doesn't like it without watching her other video - 15 likes. Yes, people can like something while still acknowledging imperfections. (She's more active on a Thor forum I'm on.)
2021 Four Winds 26B on Chevy 4500

Community Alumni
Not applicable

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
Hmmmm. Looks like someone who didn't do her research in the first place (Fiat chassis with Thor components .... could there be a worse combination?), and someone who took their delivery walk-thru/inspection with a grain of salt. Maybe "15 minutes of fame" was more important than the class B itself.
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

mumkin
Explorer
Explorer
Your Promaster dealer can set the clock. (not the RV dealer) The OEM radio sucks so be thankful they changed it out. lol But it is inconvenient not to able to change it, though you can get rid of the flash.

Loud ACs are the affordable standard. The quieter options are hugely expensive.

Another standard is inaccurate gauges for the tanks. I stopped paying any attention to them with rig one in 2004.

As to tank sizes? If you want bigger tanks your only option is a bigger rig... a Class C probably. My Libero had a 29 gallon black tank... one does get spoiled. I never emptied it because it was full, only because it was the end of the trip.

Those window covers are pretty tacky looking. But then few of us like the window covers that our rigs come with. We just buy or make new ones. Check out Vanmade Gear. High quality, hand made, with a high price to match.
Mumkin
2021 Promaster 1500 188wb conversion
2019 Roadtrek Simplicity SRT (half Zion/half Simplicity)
2015 Roadtrek 170
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme

smarty
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you are that dissatisfied sell the unit...

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
Worthless first post.

Explorer II
Explorer II
You could have easily discovered most of your complaints during an initial walk through but you bought it anyway and then created a video to gripe about it. Is this click bait or what?
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857