cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wal-mart in birmingham, Alabama

hammer01
Explorer
Explorer
We will be traveling from new orleans,LA to gatlingburg,TN next month, I plan to lay over a night in the birmingham,AL area at the wal-mart supercenter on 59. Has anyone had any experience in that area? Good or bad all comments are appreciated.

Jeff
13 REPLIES 13

2Ambros
Explorer
Explorer
There is also a Sams club right across the street from the Trussville Walmart. Just another option.
Just us & Molly the wonder-lab !
2014 Jayco Jay Flight Swift
2006 Ford F150 4x4
1988 Sierra Cobra, 'Griswald'

We are way too adventurous to be ordinary!

rvis2005
Explorer
Explorer
Helpful Ap for smart phone: ONP Walmart It's been very helpful for us and provides reviews. The more folks that use it will be better. Tommy
Tommy and Kristi Watters
Coppell, TX

B_s_Bunch
Explorer
Explorer
southernsky wrote:
When we go to Gatlinburg we usually make a stop over in Fort Payne. Desoto State Park is one of the best state parks in Alabama. Full hookups include W/E/S and cable. Don't know about the Walmart, they usually don't have a good view and no hookups.
Only problem with staying here is you will want to stay. And worth every minute. The area is Amazing. Larry
Larry,Brenda,Travis,Jarred & MEME the Boston Terror:E TheBunch 2011 American Coach Revolution 42T:C The Double Wide

steveownby
Explorer
Explorer
gsander1 wrote:
I suggest the Walmart at the Trussville exit 141 about ten miles north of Birmingham on I 59.

X2. Trussville area is much safer then B'ham proper.
Steve Ownby
2003 Monaco Signature

Full-time since 2007

gsander1
Explorer
Explorer
I suggest the Walmart at the Trussville exit 141 about ten miles north of Birmingham on I 59.
George in Birmingham, AL
03 Country Coach Magna

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
We overnighted at a rest area right outside of Birmingham on our way south to Gulf Shores, AL. Pulled in about 11:30 or midnight, found a spot between trucks, hit the bed, pulled out about 7 am.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

mccsix
Explorer
Explorer
Stayed at Cracker Barrel next to WM exit 19 I-459 nice & quiet with a friendly mgr

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
There's an Elks lodge in Bessemer that we stayed at. Had electricity and water. The lot is fenced...just outside Birmingham.....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

moonlightrunner
Explorer
Explorer
I've stayed at the Sam's Club on I59 in Trussville (NE side of B'Ham). I felt perfectly safe. But I normally feel safe in the Sam's Club parking lots as they have better security and the store is closed (means no wee hour drive thrus with a loud radio booming away). I have a Sam's Club business membership and also can get in the store early. They generally have a pot of coffee brewed so I get a free cup to wake up with. My Sam's Club membership really pays off for me.

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
If you want to call it an early day, there is a Bass Pro shop right off the highway in Montgomery, AL

clicky
There’s no fool, like an old fool.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
hammer01 wrote:
We will be traveling from new orleans,LA to gatlingburg,TN next month, I plan to lay over a night in the birmingham,AL area at the wal-mart supercenter on 59. Has anyone had any experience in that area? Good or bad all comments are appreciated.Jeff

Plug the address into this site. THEN make your decision if you want to stay overnight there with your family. :W

http://spotcrime.com/

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

southernsky
Explorer
Explorer
When we go to Gatlinburg we usually make a stop over in Fort Payne. Desoto State Park is one of the best state parks in Alabama. Full hookups include W/E/S and cable. Don't know about the Walmart, they usually don't have a good view and no hookups.
2022 Renegade Super C
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4 Sport

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not familiar with the area you are going but, did you check:

Free Campgrounds

Free Campgounds

Maybe there are options to WalMart.