cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

water heater

9ers
Explorer
Explorer
I was staying in PA this weekend could not get hot water heater to light.I have a atwood unit automatic lighting from switch inside coach. I cleaned all connections and still nothing. After these tried to ignite manually turned on switch and there was no propane coming from the line. I was wondering if propane regulator could be going all other appliances work stove,furnace. If anyone has any ideas I would like to hear.

Thanks
Thanks John
5 REPLIES 5

Johno97007
Explorer
Explorer
I had the same problem with our new to us Horizon. Then I found out that a water heater filled with hot water won't light when you switch it from 110 to gas. I turned off the 110, drained some hot water into the sink and hit the switch...worked perfectly. I used the gas heated hot water to wash the egg off my face.
John & Sherryl
Retired and Loving it!
2004 Itasca Horizon 40 AD
Cummins 350
2006 Chevy Trailblazer (The Anchor)

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
What model do you have?

12V power has to go to switch then to/thru both set of t-stats and then to module before 12V power is sent to gas valve and spark electrode.

Bad/loose grounds in outside compartment
Faulty thermal cut out (if you have one)
Faulty t-stat(s)
Bad module
Dirty connectors on module
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

BrianinMichigan
Explorer
Explorer
I had one of the two solenoids on my gas valve go bad. The coil opened up. It sounded like the valve was opening up but only one side. I measured the thickness of the wire and rewound the coil. That was about 5 years ago anf it's still working good.
1990 GEORGIE BOY 28' 454 4BBL, TURBO 400 TRANS,
CAMPING: WHERE YOU SPEND A SMALL FORTUNE TO LIVE LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Check continuity on the ECO and thermostat. They both should have continuity when cold.
Under the tubing adjacent to the ECO/thermostat is a thermal fuse. Check it for continuity.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

workhardplayha1
Explorer
Explorer
You are in luck......your water is already hot......you don't need to heat it.

I had trouble with my WATER HEATER. My unit has a spring loaded connector that twist into place. The ground came loose.