cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Weigh Station

MagillaGorilla
Explorer
Explorer
This may be a dumb questions but I don't know the answer so here goes.......

If driving a class A MH, do you have to stop at weigh stations along the interstate or is that just for Semi's?
Magilla

2005 Holiday Rambler Admiral 37' Gasser
35 REPLIES 35

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
You've been driving a Class A for many years and you're just NOW asking this question..:h:h:h

TROLL POST...Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Clay_L
Explorer
Explorer
Some Maryland residents have posted that Maryland does requires motor homes to stop.
Clay (WA5NMR), Lee (Wife), Katie & Kelli (cats) Salli (dog).

Fixed domicile after 1 year of snowbirding and eleven years Full Timing in a 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N, Workhorse chassis, Honda Accord toad

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
I own commercial trucks and you do not have to stop at any scale with a motorhome unless it is in Commercial use. Says it in Commercial truck Laws.
This is Ca law which is similar to all the other staes.
Every driver of a commercial vehicle shall stop and submit the vehicle to an inspection of the size, weight, equipment, and smoke emissions of the vehicle at any location where members of the California Highway Patrol are conducting tests and inspections of commercial vehicles and when signs are displayed requiring the stop. Every driver who fails or refuses to stop and submit the vehicle to an inspection when signs are displayed requiring that stop is guilty of a misdemeanor.

CVC Section 260 defines "commercial vehicle" (bolding added):

260. (a) A "commercial vehicle" is a motor vehicle of a type required to be registered under this code used or maintained for the transportation of persons for hire, compensation, or profit or designed, used, or maintained primarily for the transportation of property.
(b) Passenger vehicles which are not used for the transportation of persons for hire, compensation, or profit and housecars are not commercial vehicles. ...
(c) Any vanpool vehicle is not a commercial vehicle.
(d) ...

deshemar
Explorer
Explorer
When we went cross country 2 years ago we only went through one weigh station as the posted sign stated - all vehicles over 10k lbs must cross scales. the attendant pretty much waved me through as i approached the scales. Can't recall where that was, but I did not take a chance. Everywhere else I drove on by.
unfortunately RV-less for now, will be back to the fun in a few years!!!

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
No.If you are operating as a commercial carrier then you do

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Unless the signage specifically says different, the weigh stations are only for commercial trucks. RV's can pass on by.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate