cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Weight training while on the road?

Craig95005
Explorer
Explorer
I've been working out lately on a friend's weight training machine and would like to continue that when we hit the road in a few weeks. Anybody here have suggestions about a machine that isn't too heavy or bulky that would let me do curls, presses, and so on? And not too expensive, I'm not real serious about this.
Craig
26 REPLIES 26

Dogcliff
Explorer
Explorer
BobR wrote:
Resistance bands would be a good alternative to using weights. They are affordable and easily stowed when on the go. Unless you are full time traveling, to miss a week or even a month gives your body a rest. It sounds like you want conditioning and not body building so a break now and then is a good thing IMHO.

X2...get a good set. They are not all the same.I use Bodylastics

dc

LaSalleUSMC
Explorer
Explorer
TRX suspension trainer

http://www.trxtraining.com
2000 Discovery 37V
275 ISB

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
mike brez wrote:
I do 12oz curls every time we go camping.

Maybe you should consider bumping it up to 16 oz. You don't waste as much time opening the cooler. ๐Ÿ™‚

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
I do 12oz curls every time we go camping.
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

HappyKayakers
Explorer
Explorer
How about equipment that weighs next to nothing? Get a yoga DVD and a yoga mat. Before you scoff, try it at home. It provides a very intense workout without a lot of heavy, expensive equipment and won't wreck your RV.
Joe, Mary and Dakota, the wacko cat
Fulltiming since 2006
2006 Dodge 3500 QC CTD SRW Jacobs Exhaust brake
2017 Open Range 3X388RKS, side porch

PapPappy
Explorer
Explorer
A bike on the back of the RV will give you some cardio, as will just doing calisthenics, push-ups, etc..

Weight training may be a bit tougher, since you don't want to have to carry that weight around in the RV. You could check on-line for water weights....or using some of the stuff you normally carry or have at the CG to lift. (try bench pressing the picnic table:))

A membership to a "national" gym would help you out some of the time, depending on where you are, since I believe that they will offer visitation privileges anywhere in the country.

I myself belief in low intensity, 12 oz. curls with a beer......maybe I won't feel "the burn", but I'll by happy:B
Bill & Claudia / DD Jenn / DS Chris / GS MJ
Dogs: Sophie, Abby, Brandy, Kahlie, Annie, Maggie, Tugger & Beau ๐Ÿ™‚
RIP: Cookie, Foxy & Gidget @ Rainbow Bridge.๐Ÿ˜ž
2000 Winnebago "Minnie" 31C, Ford V-10
Purchased April 2008:B FMCA# F407293
The Pets

Supercharged
Explorer
Explorer
Find a lose curb in a praking lot and pick it up and down twenty five time each morning.
So big a world, so little time to see.

BobR
Explorer
Explorer
Resistance bands would be a good alternative to using weights. They are affordable and easily stowed when on the go. Unless you are full time traveling, to miss a week or even a month gives your body a rest. It sounds like you want conditioning and not body building so a break now and then is a good thing IMHO.

mainlandernow
Explorer
Explorer
http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/05/09/the-scientific-7-minute-workout/?_r=1
or Crossfit
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government."

-Patrick Henry

Fla_Tom1
Explorer
Explorer
That is a hard thing I lift 6 days a week and miss it when camping.most campgrounds have a "fitness center" which usually very lacking.I saw a guy while camping that had a portable exercise unit it used body weight they were full time he sells the units don't remember the name..

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
you can always use the old Charles Atlas system, that is the dynamic muscle exercise. I used it in the high school years and you would be surprised just how good you can work out just pushing and pulling your muscles

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
find a local gym or a park with a gym