cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

badge2283
Explorer
Explorer
I hope you are enjoying the RV. I enjoy the Klipsch speakers.

Nascarcruzin
Explorer
Explorer
We recently turned 100,000 miles on our new (to us) 1999 Imperial DP. We were passing through Thornbury Ontario, while driving around the Canadian great lakes. Hope to get many more thousands out of our rig. Ronnie

Ronnie & Rebecca

Soddy Daisy, TN
Full-timing since 2004
Check out our adventures:
North to Alaska 2011

Travel Journal Enter the password - 12345
2008 Alaskan adventure
2009 Northeast coast and Canadian Maritimes

1999 Holiday Rambler Imperial 40WDS
FMCA #388387

EndeavorV10
Explorer
Explorer
badge2283 wrote:
KlipschHead,
Each trip gets better. Getting into RVing is one of the best things you can do. We have met great people, and enjoyed every trip, even when there were problems,
Klipsh makes great speakers, I've had Corwalls, Lascallas, and the surround sound with the 12 in woofer.

I completely missed that you are a Klipsch fan! When people come over and hear my home theater they are ruined for the real theaters. I recently added a new 55" Samsung C8000 prior to buying the RV and honestly, had I known I would be looking to buy an RV at the time, I would have saved my money and not bought the TV.

Live and learn.
2013 Montana 3725RL Fifth Wheel
Saving up for F-350 Premium Dually 6.7 Diesel
My RV Blog

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Since our sil kicked us out of his storage yard and severed all ties with the DW and me we have had the MoHo stored about 35 miles from home and I've let a lot of little things go, including replacing some of the snaps that hold the nalgahyde curtains over the windshield and front side windows, spending time enough to really flush the black tank and a few other little things. So last week the other DD borrowed the MoHo because she needed to have someplace to stay at the Girl Scout Day camp, she and DGD and SIL stayed in it for five nights and it got a little dirty inside so we brought it home and cleaned everything but the interior glass, replaced all the snaps and flushed the black tank until when you shine a flashlight in the tank you can see through the residual water and see the bottom of the tank. I still need to put a inline boat type four conductor trailer light connector on for the toad lights, fix a leak where the filon has opened up across the back and replace (preventitive job) the vent covers over the living area and bathroom vents. I'll pick up the vent covers and calking at Metro RV in Burbank on the way back to storage tomorrow morning. I have the connector but it is too hot to lay on the concrete or asphalt surface in front of the house or at the storage yard and connect the lights and to climb up on the one piece aluminum roof to put new vent covers but at least I'll have when it cools down a bit. Looks ike the MoHo will stay in storage until late Nov or early Dec due to our schedules and my forthcoming knee replacement.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

racer99
Explorer
Explorer
1991 fleetwood/bounder-454-31' long--Tackled front & rear shocks & steering stabilizar-Anybody that wants to save a few bucks can do so mounting these things himself wife on hand to pass the wrenchs under the MH--Plenty of WD-40 is the greatest helper srarting a week prior to takling this project--FRONT sway bar is next -going with helwig sway bar --increasing front from 1 1/4 to 1 5/8 should take some SEMI sway away and be more stable when at camp ground and walking inside since we have no HYD jacks--RICH

BrianinMichigan
Explorer
Explorer
Well finally fired it up yesterday and found the hi idle choke adjustment and brought down the idle. worked on the cruise control and am getting ready to change out the brake fluid
1990 GEORGIE BOY 28' 454 4BBL, TURBO 400 TRANS,
CAMPING: WHERE YOU SPEND A SMALL FORTUNE TO LIVE LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON.

EdandLynne
Explorer
Explorer
Anybody replace the door handle? We were locked into our own RV because the striker bar broke yesterday. My husband had to remove the door handle and work the bar back to be able to get out. Thank goodness for other campers who got his tools out from under storage and handed them to him through the window.

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sometimes you get lucky... This morning I decided to tackle the dash AC that quit on the way back from our last trip. I knew the compressor wasn't kicking in, so I was going to check fuses, pressure, etc. I started the engine and opened the hood in preparation for hooking up my gauge set, when I noticed the anti-icing thermostat mounted right in front of me on the evaporator box. Nah, it couldn't be that easy, could it? I slid the connectors back enough to short the pins with my pocket screwdriver, and BINGO, we have compressor! I let it run long enough to insure it was cooling properly, and that the Freon pressure was where it should be, and all was well. I've just located the replacement thermostat online for $21, so I'll get that ordered right away. If we were to take off again before it's replaced though, I'd have no qualms about running the AC with it jumpered out. I can't recall the last time I've run into a dead AC that I could fix with a $21 part that's mounted with two easily reachable screws at about shoulder level, so no bending or other contortions are needed. :B
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
Not today but last Thursday, drove it 5 kilometers on the Alaska Highway -- with the slides out! Intentionally! Even the RV Tech couldn't get them in via the "emergency method" described in the manual. The new hydraulic pump motor did the trick. Spent an extra two weeks in Whitehorse, Yukon, waiting for parts. DW and I now would qualify to work in the Whitehorse Tourist Information Centre!

Today we drove from Tok to Valdes, Alaska, slide in. Now sitting in the rain watching TV--Our Explorer automatic satellite dish was able to find the Starchoice satellite! News from home!

SpursMVP
Explorer
Explorer
Just finished flushing and recharging the coolant system on our 7.5KW Onan Quiet Diesel. Also ordered the Gold filters for our Allison transmission so I can do a fluid change.

This will get us ready to go for the next few months.
2001 HR Endeavor
330 HP Cummins ISC
2006 Jeep Wrangler

livingaboard
Explorer
Explorer
Moved bed lift supports for better leverage since they were not able to lift the mattress and foam topper.

Installed an adjustable closet rod which goes between the small wardrobes at the foot of the bed on each side. I think it is about 67 inches wide and each end has cups mounted on the side of the wardrobe. This allows me to use this to hang extra clothes or hang damp items to dry. The rod easily comes out and goes in the closet for storage.
Dave
Everett, WA
2000 Itasca Suncruiser 35U, F53 Triton V-10
Firestone air bags with Quad control air gauge
Pressure Pro tire pressure monitor
Banks Exhaust
SuperSteer rear trac bar
Olympian Wave heaters (Wall mount and portable)

BigRabbitMan
Explorer
Explorer
Installed a NOS alternator. Installed a new exhaust flange gasket on the driver side.
BigRabbitMan
Gas to Diesel Conversion project
76 FMC #1046, Gas Pusher became a Diesel Pusher
Discussion thread on this site
"You're never too old to learn something stupid."

cmprcountry
Explorer
Explorer
WOW ! It was a busy day for me today. I finally was able to get the digital converters to work on BOTH my analog TVs. It has been a frustrating process to say the least. Also, I opened the awning so it could dry out. Buckets of water poured out of each end as it unrolled. Cleaned old stuff out of the bathroom medicine cabinet and re-organized. It was a 95degree day with about 50percent humidity so the generator and roof A/C got a good workout too! Oh yes! When it was all done I had a good nap in the recliner listening to the hum of the generator and the a/c.

Chip
06 SurfSide a29
2 slides
Ford chassis
cmprcountry

Tom_Anderson
Explorer
Explorer
Washed it and installed Crossfire tire pressure equalizers.

Cuemaker
Explorer
Explorer
Got MH back after Camping world worked on it. They had it for 3 weeks getting estimate to ex maint people and doing repairs. Still has a problem with thermostat temperature not correct. They have ordered another t-stat and I am going off for a week, so I hope it lasts through this trip.