cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

sundancer268
Explorer
Explorer
ordered trim parts for new stove to replace cook top wife hates. No OVEN!
U. S. Navy (RETIRED) 1993
1995 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 34' Diesel Pusher Cummins B5.9 12 Valve Engine, Allison MD-3060 6 Speed Transmission.
TOAD: 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
Road Master Sterling All-Terrain, Airforce One

jffhlbrt1
Explorer
Explorer
Today we had the RV washed and waxed. We had the roof cleaned and treated as well. We went to Camping World and bought new wiper blades, and generator oil and filter.
[COLOR=]Jeff, Steve, & Nala
09 Damon Challenger 371
09 Honda Accord
Bakersfield, CA

drifter24535
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced a 12" by 24" piece of flooring under the front slide.The slid roller fell thru the hole in the floor, dropping the rear corner. When are they going to make RV manufacturers stop using oatmeal and glue for flooring?? Ive only had this Georgie Boy for two years and it hasnt gotten wet on my watch. Must have been before my time, guess the dealer forgot to tell me.

Scott___Jill
Explorer
Explorer
JimFromJersey wrote:
During the past few weeks, in prep for our NJ-Utah-NJ trip we've..

1) Added new Firestone Ride-Rite bags up front.
2) Replaced all drive belts
3) Installed new 200A HD alternator
4) Replaced about half a dozen clearance lamps with bum bulbs or leaky lenses
5) Replaced toilet
6) Fixed leak in toilet supply line that caused us to do #5
7) Bleached floor, dried, and replaced carpeting in Bathroom due to #6
๐Ÿ˜Ž Mounted new Microwave securely.
9) Re-attached TV to front O/H bin.
10) Disconnected bum power step that was causing all kinds of electrical gremlins.
11) Wash with BKF and reapply Red Max Pro
12) Re-applied reflective orange and yellow striping that was heavily weathered after 23 years in the Florida sun, and three in the NJ petrochemical mix.
13) Installed new front & rear door handles due to old ones not working.
14) Identified cause of odd water drip from rear door step area as leaky drain pipe from kitchen sink.
15) Cleaned original Shure-Flo water pump, fixed leaky connection that was causing it to suck air.
16) Replaced chassis battery

Um....there's probably more but I forget what.. ๐Ÿ™‚

On the Road 6/22 till 7/8

why you just bin busy,Looks good
1999 Pace Arrow 37s
F53 Triton V10 8 to 9 mpg 6 to 7 with toad

2005 Mazda 3 2.5 26 mpg

melvonnar
Explorer
Explorer
Packed" leave friday for the summer

JimFromJersey
Explorer
Explorer
During the past few weeks, in prep for our NJ-Utah-NJ trip we've..

1) Added new Firestone Ride-Rite bags up front.
2) Replaced all drive belts
3) Installed new 200A HD alternator
4) Replaced about half a dozen clearance lamps with bum bulbs or leaky lenses
5) Replaced toilet
6) Fixed leak in toilet supply line that caused us to do #5
7) Bleached floor, dried, and replaced carpeting in Bathroom due to #6
๐Ÿ˜Ž Mounted new Microwave securely.
9) Re-attached TV to front O/H bin.
10) Disconnected bum power step that was causing all kinds of electrical gremlins.
11) Wash with BKF and reapply Red Max Pro
12) Re-applied reflective orange and yellow striping that was heavily weathered after 23 years in the Florida sun, and three in the NJ petrochemical mix.
13) Installed new front & rear door handles due to old ones not working.
14) Identified cause of odd water drip from rear door step area as leaky drain pipe from kitchen sink.
15) Cleaned original Shure-Flo water pump, fixed leaky connection that was causing it to suck air.
16) Replaced chassis battery

Um....there's probably more but I forget what.. ๐Ÿ™‚

On the Road 6/22 till 7/8

Always remember, you're a unique individual. Just like the other 7 billion people on the planet...

toomoxy
Explorer
Explorer
ChezRay
Yes you were right I had it on HIGH...
I will put on auto as you suggested, thanks.

Found out why the generator didn't power the AC and the
hydro inside.. I read on a forum that the generator
has switches (breakers) and sure enough one of them had tripped
or got knocked out ...so once on, everything working again.

Phew... now onto figuring out the TV's before my next trip.

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
Removed all the old awning rail along the top edge of the coach and installed gutters. Used stainless hardware and seal each screw. Used butyl tape rather than putty behind the rail and sealed both the top and bottom of the rail. Also sealed behind the roof rubber before installing the new rail.

Black streaks should be history. No more excuses not to wash and wax the coach. That job starts tomorrow.

Next up, finish up removing the sun stroked black decals and painting on new.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
toomoxy wrote:
FIRST ROAD TRIP ...
Never had an RV before. Scary trip... but FUN !

Drove 5 hours with the generator running to power the rear AC for the dogs in the garage area.

Arrived and generator died. Would not turn over again.
Plugged in my 50 amp RV downed it to the 30 amp service.
Thankfully I read on here, to buy 2 of 50 amp and 2 of 30 amp cords and adaptors or I would be screwed as we were over 50 feet from service because of a huge tree in the way with low branches.

Because of no generator I knew I could only run one AC unit so my dogs and friend (staying in garage area cause they all snore)
got the ac and I roasted cause my generator not turning over ๐Ÿ˜ž

called home and hubby got the phone number of a repair place around the corner... they didn't charge me to look and lubed up the generator and wow... it turned over and worked fine...PHEW...
2 AC units running at night now... thankfully

Next morning my mattress (slept on the floor on twin mattress)
was soaked in one area... AC was dripping all night...great ๐Ÿ˜ž

Spent 2 hours trying to figure out how to work the TV and antenna (yes I have manual and still didn't make sense)..
and I still could not figure out how to start the outside TV or it is not working... and I didn't seem to pick up any channels on the main tv or didn't have it set up right...
Did get the DVD player and TV working and was able to watch a movie. Weeee !!!

Took a shower and tub filled... drained grey water adn seemd a ton of rubber or mushroom bits came out but tub did drain even though sensor didn't indicate it was full... phew

Went to leave the park and start the AC unit for the dogs on the ride home and both AC units and outlets and microwave don't have power.. AC's won't start... no fuses tripped (cause I had them trip when fridge was on power not gas so I did check)...
so what the heck... going to try to take to repair shop.. $$$
I really hope when I learn all of the ins and outs that the next
trip will be easier on the nerves..LOL

We did get caught at a car accident 1 hour waiting...but we had food, drinks and a washroom so that wait was actually OK...

I do need a bed loft area installed in front though... would make more sense for what I use it for..

Any ideas on the leaky AC and not starting power in the RV ??

Reading your post was like watching a horror movie. LOL. The dripping from your air conditioner sounds to me like the condenser was icing up and when it would recycle it would melt the ice and drip. Set your air conditioner on automatic and your problem will go away. You probably had it set on straight high speed or low speed instead of automatic.
2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar 3126-E
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2017 Buick Envision

koda55
Explorer
Explorer
Put new monroe shock on driver side. Went to put new one on passenger side and angle bracket would not let me mount the new shock. Put old bilstein back on. The monroe shock had the metal protection housing and the bistein had rubber. Now I will have to take it to the shop and have them move the angle bracket that goes from the floor framing to the frame.

toomoxy
Explorer
Explorer
FIRST ROAD TRIP ...
Never had an RV before. Scary trip... but FUN !

Drove 5 hours with the generator running to power the rear AC for the dogs in the garage area.

Arrived and generator died. Would not turn over again.
Plugged in my 50 amp RV downed it to the 30 amp service.
Thankfully I read on here, to buy 2 of 50 amp and 2 of 30 amp cords and adaptors or I would be screwed as we were over 50 feet from service because of a huge tree in the way with low branches.

Because of no generator I knew I could only run one AC unit so my dogs and friend (staying in garage area cause they all snore)
got the ac and I roasted cause my generator not turning over ๐Ÿ˜ž

called home and hubby got the phone number of a repair place around the corner... they didn't charge me to look and lubed up the generator and wow... it turned over and worked fine...PHEW...
2 AC units running at night now... thankfully

Next morning my mattress (slept on the floor on twin mattress)
was soaked in one area... AC was dripping all night...great ๐Ÿ˜ž

Spent 2 hours trying to figure out how to work the TV and antenna (yes I have manual and still didn't make sense)..
and I still could not figure out how to start the outside TV or it is not working... and I didn't seem to pick up any channels on the main tv or didn't have it set up right...
Did get the DVD player and TV working and was able to watch a movie. Weeee !!!

Took a shower and tub filled... drained grey water adn seemd a ton of rubber or mushroom bits came out but tub did drain even though sensor didn't indicate it was full... phew

Went to leave the park and start the AC unit for the dogs on the ride home and both AC units and outlets and microwave don't have power.. AC's won't start... no fuses tripped (cause I had them trip when fridge was on power not gas so I did check)...
so what the heck... going to try to take to repair shop.. $$$
I really hope when I learn all of the ins and outs that the next
trip will be easier on the nerves..LOL

We did get caught at a car accident 1 hour waiting...but we had food, drinks and a washroom so that wait was actually OK...

I do need a bed loft area installed in front though... would make more sense for what I use it for..

Any ideas on the leaky AC and not starting power in the RV ??

dennis_and_terr
Explorer
Explorer
tried out the new air dream mattress on the sofa -sleeper. well worth the cost. now i'm waiting for my set of 10 coil packs for my V10..did all new hardware on the ladder last week. as long as i'm on a little medical break i might as well get some things fixed.
dennis and terry
2000 damon intruder 349 (The Boo-mobile)
cats Hunter and Jazz
dog Abigail (newly adopted from humane society)
1995 Saturn wagon toad

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
Got up bright and early and checked all six tires. After six months of setting, only the left front required additional air and only about four pounds at that. This week, we will continue to load the mh in getting it ready to hit the road on Friday morning. Since it is so hot here, the day time temps in the mh is almost 100 degrees, so we have yet to put anything in the fridge...will wait until Friday morning to do that. Oregon, here we come.

Ron
Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....

Shot-N-Az
Explorer
Explorer
I ran mine into a concrete curb. Could have been lots worse. I'm thankful for the minimal amount of damage.

sundancer268
Explorer
Explorer
I traced the in coach 120 volt circuit breakers and 12 volt fuses and to the lights and receptacles they serve. Now I can mark them so the Wife and I will not have to guess what will go down or what fuse to check.
U. S. Navy (RETIRED) 1993
1995 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 34' Diesel Pusher Cummins B5.9 12 Valve Engine, Allison MD-3060 6 Speed Transmission.
TOAD: 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
Road Master Sterling All-Terrain, Airforce One